Seeing Your Functions In Someone Else

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Just wondering (based on some random thoughts IRL, but nah, not a hidden Emotional Support topic this time),
What went through your mind whenever you see one of your functions / something that resembles them being used by someone else?

For example, my original thoughts were regarding my ISTP brother's Ti and my ESFJ friend's Fe.

Does that make sense? :">

before I understood the MBTI, I knew people like me existed.
In my mind I would say they had "it"
the it being the elusive definition of what I have that for the longest time I thought that no one else did. I suppose it is having the right cognitive functions

I actively search for it in peoples words, behaviors, expressions, facial ticks,
Some people had it, some people didn't. Some people almost had it, some people looked like they had it.
I was disappointed more often than not.

I can think of three people I knew for certain had it. There is more if I think about it.

What crosses my mind? Nothing. It's entirely natural to show off these functions. Heck, we even use them all every now and then.

My best friend is an INTJ, so he actively uses Ni, but has a completely 'malfunctioning' tertiary Fi, so we have a lot of problems understanding each others 'systems' which are based on completely different judgements. Well... I get MBTI, so I see the problem quite well, it's mainly his approach which is problematic.

I often see Se in work because of the nature of our world. When I'm angry or stressed even I often use Se.

On the other hand I'm pretty much on my own with Fe in my age. I see it mainly in adults in their 40s.

I am annoyed when I see people using my energizing functions in inferior positions.

Well, since the functions we would mainly see out of someone would be their first two functions, mainly the extraverted one. In the infj's case it would be Fe, intj's have Te and that would be what you would "see" most often. I don't really see it so much with my friends but I think many of them are extx's. Although I do see some Fe in my mom and a couple of my friends but it's rare with the others.

Introverted functions are harder to see because well, they're introverted and no one sees them except for what of them is channeled through the extroverted functions.

Although, there was this guy I knew from another high school that went to school with some old friends who is a clear intj, no way he could be anything else. A lot of other people didn't like him because they thought he was a total dick but when I talked to him, I noticed some similarities in the way he was processing information internally. This guy was not liked because he was so opinionated and would get mad whenever he would argue his opinions (that sounds familiar, but I have an Fe to know where to draw the line) yet I never got into an argument with the guy and I think it was because we both had some sort of Ni connection.

dunno what mbti he is but my guitarists cousin has some serious Fe goin on but im pretty sure hes an S so not alot of N to back it up. he was glad when i explained to him about mbti as he felt as i once did that he was crazy for being so sensitive to apparently external emotions. and just like i did for awhile he wants to get rid of it lol. hes like, dude whats that called again? i gotta work on my Fi bro

It's called projecting. When trying to psychoanalyze someone, the analyzer will encounter places that are "blank" or hard to pick apart. So the analyzer with insert themself in place and end up describing themselves.

It is interesting. I noticed in few situations that some persons just have very familiar reactions in some situations...For example, person with Ni usually don't look surprised if I mentioned "gut feeling" about something. And they usually have my type of humor.
Sometimes I just have weird mirror sensation:)
Fe in others usually freaks me out. I don't know why. Especially strong one. I feel ambiguity. In same time as if my space is violated, but drawned to that type of energy and flattered if it is focused on me.

It's called projecting. When trying to psychoanalyze someone, the analyzer will encounter places that are "blank" or hard to pick apart. So the analyzer with insert themself in place and end up describing themselves.

This is true to some extent. We see what we want to see most of the time but if you're attuned to yourself and others enough, I feel that you can be unbiased. It's really hard to type people though sometimes.

I am annoyed when I see people using my energizing functions in inferior positions.
Can you explain more?
To a degree, I suppose it could be this. (alternatively, it would be inserting what they know)

I think comparing people to themselves will mean projecting within some degree, though; in fact I make that topic for that purpose.

It's not exactly about typing, just wondering what do you see in people, and by extension yourself.

I'm curious about this topic again...

......so here goes. Does anyone experience similar things?