Sean Spicer White House Press Briefings | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Sean Spicer White House Press Briefings

Agree with @Skarekrow re:Spicer and coming across aggressively. I think it was his first press conference? I can't remember when I saw it but I do recall my stark reaction - only watched/listened for a minute and immediately switched it off. At the time, I didn't understand any of the context around what/why he was saying what he felt compelled to say and thought he came across as unprofessional and stroppy - embarrassing really. I came across the video by accident so wasn't in the mood or had the time to explore/understand the background so on first impression, he failed miserably.

I do find it fascinating how we all see things differently. So after saying all of the above, I'm gong to contradict myself by saying that I really like this guy! Partly because of what Wyote posted:

Incompetent is probably the wrong word. More like not yet comfortable with the situation. It's always an adjustment when you find yourself in a new, possibly more difficult circumstance.
It's a bit silly, especially for the political sphere.

I said earlier that he is unconventionally refreshing - a "grassroots" communicator. The fumbling is annoying but I think expected, particularly as he talks so fast - which I like because it shows to me that you're not stalling to find "appropriate" and amenable responses to suit your audience. Would love to know what goes through his mind when he smiles - cheekily too! I find him to be transparent - yes much more natural off script and thoroughly engaging. He's courteous - considering the atmosphere is laced with a hint of media tension and hostility. I wouldn't mind being in a meeting with him - certainly wouldn't be a drag.

Far too many press conferences - I can't keep up but I'll definitely be watching. Great thread @CindyLou! I'll see if I can provide more content (he said this, the media said that etc) next time.

He is like the school yard bully's hype man... I had watched the briefing from 2/2/17. I guess it's cool to quote from some press sources when they lavish praise upon Trump (Supreme Court pick) but then the press is dishonest when they are pointing out his conflicts of interests. I dont care for anyone's fucking personal opinion when they are supposed to be providing a news update. "Knocked it out of the park..." I find him somewhat unprofessional and pathetic. I imagine him obsequious, simpering around behind his Excellency, Trump. Oh. And repealing the Johnson amendment will provide religious people with the freedom to support candidates. It's a religious freedom issue. Christians in the US are so persecuted for not being able to cram their bigoted beliefs down everyone's throat all the time. There is no executive order.....But I'm sure we will end up seeing one by next week. Trump rules by decree! I'm all for religious people having the freedom to live and express their faith, but when churches start using donations to fund political campaigns and endorse politicians, they need to pay a damn tax! Nice spin making it an issue of religious liberty, when in reality, it is an erosion of the separation of church and state. But I get it. He has to pander to religious people if he wants to get reelected.... The majority of which only voted for Trump based on their want for a conservative supreme Court appointment... (Also, I love how flustered he gets when the press continues to probe him.)

This is how I feel after being subjected to everything Spicer and Kelly Ann Conway have to say:

Last edited:
How bout that SNL skit tho. Some good shit.

snl5n-2-web.jpg

Pure gold.

So glad you posted this. I was going to - lololololol

Told you guys it was entertaining. :)

I have been busy and haven't caught the past couple press conferences since I started the thread lol but I'll try to watch now.

Reactions: j654dgj7 and acd