Se? | INFJ Forum

Se?

ShIndigo

Nov 26, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
So, I'm an INFJ, and I've seen a lot about how Ni, Fe and Ti works. But what about our inferior function? What does it do? What does that mean in relation to us?

And if anyone's up for it, what would a person with well-developed or poorly-developed Se look like? I gather INFJs aren't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to this, haha.

Or redirect me to an existing thread?

Being aware of physical and spatial details. A well-developed Se would be outgoing, observant, aware of changes in atmosphere to take the correct course of action, etc. A poorly developed Se would be lost in their own head, never paying attention, absent minded, never listening, etc.

I think it's a bit like that state you sometimes have when you're acutely aware of every single tiny detail around you and its meaning - except when it's normal and healthy and developed properly it operates effectively and naturally without overwhelming the other functions. (I think.)

Thank you so much for all your replies! I really think I finally get it. :)

Why would Se cause the person to be outgoing? Or is that the case with all extraverted functions, including Se?

Why would Se cause the person to be outgoing? Or is that the case with all extraverted functions, including Se?

It can be outgoing, but it doesn't have to be. One of my best friends is an ESFP, and while she is definitely an E she is actually rather shy and is not really all that outgoing (despite being quite social).

The reason for this relation is the e functions are directed at the external world. It makes sense that things involving the external world will be more interactive with it, and further people will be more often then not involved. Se is about pushing boundaries, limits, testing things, feeling things out for direct result. Present moment is the best way to think about Se. This could involve people, it might not. To Se it doesn't matter if people are involved or not. Depending on the person they might have a more or less use of people.

i don't know. when i think of Se i think of hands on learning. like the time i tested the brakes on my grandaddy's old car because i needed to know how brakes worked. it was a bad idea.

It can be outgoing, but it doesn't have to be. One of my best friends is an ESFP, and while she is definitely an E she is actually rather shy and is not really all that outgoing (despite being quite social).

The reason for this relation is the e functions are directed at the external world. It makes sense that things involving the external world will be more interactive with it, and further people will be more often then not involved. Se is about pushing boundaries, limits, testing things, feeling things out for direct result. Present moment is the best way to think about Se. This could involve people, it might not. To Se it doesn't matter if people are involved or not. Depending on the person they might have a more or less use of people.

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!