Say something nice about people you disagree with politically | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Say something nice about people you disagree with politically

How about you go first... being the thread starter.
Say something nice.

My point exactly - no matter how much we may disagree on things, it's still important to recognize that we are all people and we should respect each other.
When we get to the point where we see no redeeming qualities in the people with whom we disagree, we lose touch with each other, and nothing gets done.

Your turn

Your turn
Still waiting for you to go first (as thread starter)... Unless laying out generalised principles for how people should regard each other is what you intended us to do.

Last edited:
laced with poison!

tumblr_nvef5ezON91u9yiolo1_500.gif

Your turn

Technically, you quoted your opinion about the topic. That is not considered a compliment. :)

Annnd if I remember correctly, you posted a gif accusing someone of being evil and then requesting that they eat your butt. That wasn't very nice. :neutral:

Why would you request that, Ezra?? WHY?!?!

Last edited:
Technically, you quoted your opinion about the topic. That is not considered a compliment. :)

Annnd if I remember correctly, you posted a gif accusing someone of being evil and then requesting that they eat your butt. That wasn't very nice. :neutral:

Why would you request that, Ezra?? WHY?!?!
May we examine the butt in question?

Uhm...

@Flavus Aquila

I would personally be very interested in hearing more about your overarching plans to heal the world, and think it's interesting that you have such a plan.
(I'll derail a little)
I don't think it's possible for me to accomplish, so I don't have a plan. The prerequisite for the world to heal is beyond what the majority of people are capable of: to be focused on criticising+fixing themselves instead of trying to criticise+fix what's wrong in others. I can't achieve this consistently myself, and only a few ever do. Those few are terribly criticised by others anyway.

The healing of the world is each person seeking interior healing for him/herself, with the help of the few truly good people, who are free of hypocrisy. Observing and emulating them is the way ahead, because they generally cannot be drawn to give critique or advice.

Reactions: Littlelissa
Still waiting for you to go first (as thread starter)... Unless laying out generalised principles for how people should regard each other is what you intended us to do.

I see the value in a small federal government. My parents are independents and would have voted republican several times if they lived in the US. I completely understand why.

Your turn.

I see the value in a small federal government. My parents are independents and would have voted republican several times if they lived in the US. I completely understand why.

Your turn.
OK. As soon as you say something nice about someone you disagree with politically, whether you understand their political choices and the value of what they choose, or not.

(Ie. Something good about them, and not so much about your ability to comprehend them).

Reactions: cvp12gh5
OK. As soon as you say something nice about someone you disagree with politically, whether you understand their political choices and the value of what they choose, or not.

(Ie. Something good about them, and not so much about your ability to comprehend them).

I respect and admire John McCain for what he has sacrificed for his country.
Richard Nixon was, all in all, a great president.
Mitt Romney has done a lot of good in local and federal government.

I click well with my friends that are right-wingers.

Your turn.

I respect and admire John McCain for what he has sacrificed for his country.
Richard Nixon was, all in all, a great president.
Mitt Romney has done a lot of good in local and federal government.

I click well with my friends that are right-wingers.

Your turn.
I disagree with Trump protestors. But I admire their zeal to see their country become a better place for oppressed and disadvantaged people. The women who marched in Washington represent what is seldom acknowledged: that women often have to bear more than a fair share of responsibility in the day to day life: whether it be about fertility, education/formation of the future generations, maintaining domestic peace/balance, bearing greater professional scrutiny, balancing home/work responsibilities, administering domestic budgeting/expenditure, finding the space for personal educational/professional development,and carrying responsibility for their personal safety in a greater degree than men.

Left wing women in the US bear many responsibilities and concerns for themselves, their loved ones, and even for strangers they'll never meet. I tip my hat and bow my head to people who are not indifferent to the good of people who struggle, even acknowledging, owning, and demanding respect for their own burden of responsibility. It pains me that I disagree with their politics, insofar as I think other less admirable things must take political priority for practical/pragmatic reasons. This prioritisation is not to disrespect, or to diminish the ideals or persons of the left, even if we get annoyed at each other and say things that don't reflect what is important: you are the most humane among us and I want to acknowledge that.