Sanity.

Free Mind

I'm a Dragon! Rawr!
Nov 16, 2010
MBTI
INFJinity
What do you do to keep you're sanity?

What could make you lose you're sanity?

I've asked this question to a couple of people, and got the response. "I just keep myself busy." Do you think that's the right way to go about it? This is busy as in, work, cleaning. Etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galileo
What good is sanity?
I prefer measured madness.
Analytical loss of coherency.

There is nothing inspiring about sanity.
I could live in that dull world.
But I prefer this extravagance of edges. Angry light and oily shadows.
Eels in the corner.

The only sanity I keep is language.
So as to broadcast this folding inwards.
The loss of the glass shell.
It breaks, its transparency is contaminated.
Now more like shards of onyx and cloudy jasper.

To lose this precious mind.
All you need is to surrender to the pressure.
Go supernova.
Or implode.
Become a self-contained world. Hold your shield in your head.

Reactions: Free Mind
What good is sanity?

Eels in the corner.

So as to broadcast this folgin inwards.

Go supernova.
Or implode.

I was hoping for some answers like this. Thanks. :)

Not getting the girl I want took it's toll on me two times with ranting in the darkness of the night on the streets. People must have thought I went insane and I seriously began to wonder myself later. These were two separate occasions one in May 2010 and another one in November 2010.

What good is sanity?

Eels in the corner.

So as to broadcast this folding inwards.

Go supernova.
Or implode.

did that just come out of your mind? wow. even if you didnt make that up, i gotta say thats beautiful
i find a thin line between sane and insane and dont mind dancing right in the middle, jumping between them. not like we have a choice, if we are to function right? i would say to keep sanity, win the head game. its all in the head. stop thinking about it.

Last edited:
What do you do to keep you're sanity?

What could make you lose you're sanity?
for the most part I don't need to 'keep' my sanity. It's just a thing that's there throughout my day to day life that doesn't need active maintaining.

However on the very very few occasions that I've felt like I'm losing it I've tried to reach out to people that I am close to, really get into music, either writing or listening.

These are things I do recently though, things I've learnt that work.

It takes a lot to make me lose my sanity, I can get depressed, angry or become withdrawn, but these are generally results of something happening in my life...

Not a lot can make me lose my mind though. The only time it happened within the last 6 years or so was when I thought my husband was cheating and then one night he didn't come home from work till after midnight. I just snapped and started yelling at him and kept him awake till 3am.

He knows it's a sore point for me, because I left my fiance because he cheated on me with 5 different girls.

He made me call his boss the next day and talk to him. he was married himself, and he wasn't going to do any covering for a cheater, he told me, but he was legitimately working on a problem till very late, and he was with him the whole time and offered to let me see more evidence if I wanted it. My husband should have called me, and he knows he must next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free Mind
Anything to do with accounting drives me insane. Has anything been conceived that is more mind numbing? If I had a first born child I would sell it to get out of doing any sort of accounting.

My husband loves it! I suck at math and so on, but he's really good at it.

It's probably just natural for him as a swiss :p

Own your fears

Recognise them, acknowledge them, understand them, know them, either face them or come to terms with them.......but process them, don't bury them

I don't fear accounting. It is just sooooooooo boring. Isn't there an MBTI type suited to accounting? Make them do it. It is just cruel and inhuman punishment for an intj. Seriously, there must be some human right that is violated. Who can I appeal to? Amnesty International?

there probably is. I don't know what type my husband is, I need to find a german version of the test, but he's definitely not an INFJ. I'd like to think that an INFJ would have called me...

I don't fear accounting. It is just sooooooooo boring. Isn't there an MBTI type suited to accounting? Make them do it. It is just cruel and inhuman punishment for an intj. Seriously, there must be some human right that is violated. Who can I appeal to? Amnesty International?

You could combine it with skydiving

pd555265.jpg

Reactions: not sure
I don't know any Jamaicans crazy enough to sky dive. A friend has been trying to convince me to paraglide so, you may have an idea there.

accounting is definitely tasky meaningless number-grinding
a perfect portal to insanity ahahahaha im imagining an old black and white movie where your average guy goes insane from accounting work. anyone wanna produce it?

Reactions: not sure

I once read ISTJs are kind of perfect for it.

Accounting + skydiving made my day however.

:D

When faced with a stressful situation where I'm about to lose it, I just think about my boss and how he would react. Then I do the opposite of that and everything turns out okay.

But I think staying busy and doing things you like is important, so it's easier to bounce back when you do have an existential crisis.

Reactions: Wyote
What do you do to keep you're sanity? I try and exercise and keep a tight schedule.

What could make you lose you're sanity? This

[youtube]gsNaR6FRuO0[/youtube]