Sanders with an S | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Sanders with an S

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] have you wondered why Trump is so popular? My "checklist" is Trump's platform, the platform Republicans are voting for -- in droves.

If it were only so simple and people so noble. I dont believe that. I believe Trump appears to be like a big middle finger to the past 8 years. And I tell you what, if many more elitists threaten to leave the country if he gets elected.. Im actually going to be happy voting for him if the time comes.

Last edited:
Reactions: INFJ16
Trump has been compared to many leader like Hitler and Mussolini. The leader he is closest to is Silvio Berlusconi, the former PM of Italy. Berlusconi rode high convinced the average Italian that all the stood between them and his wealth and grandeur was a self serving political class. He was clown and buffoon like Trump who sold the suckers who voted him a vision of a successful businessman who would transform Italy. In the end he accomplished nothing. Trump will be the same. That's the simple unvarnished reality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...1/donald-trump-is-americas-silvio-berlusconi/

This anger against Obama and what has happened over the past 8 years is misplaced and incomprehensible to me. I live about 150 km north the US border but sometimes it might as a well be a world away.

Reactions: rawr
If I responded to this honestly I would likely end up banned for a month.

Then maybe something isn’t right with that answer?
Does it promote hatred or understanding?

Trump has been compared to many leader like Hitler and Mussolini. The leader he is closest to is Silvio Berlusconi, the former PM of Italy. Berlusconi rode high convinced the average Italian that all the stood between them and his wealth and grandeur was a self serving political class. He was clown and buffoon like Trump who sold the suckers who voted him a vision of a successful businessman who would transform Italy. In the end he accomplished nothing. Trump will be the same. That's the simple unvarnished reality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...1/donald-trump-is-americas-silvio-berlusconi/

This anger against Obama and what has happened over the past 8 years is misplaced and incomprehensible to me. I live about 150 km north the US border but sometimes it might as a well be a world away.

Obama has been compared to a king and Hilter as well. The fact that Trump has been compared to anyone or thing means little unless specific references on how he has lived his life can be equaled to those he is compared to.
The "simple unvarnished" reality as you put it is simply opinion and nothing more.

The hatred of Obama is well placed I think. Never has a President instilled and created such division.

The hatred of Obama is well placed I think. Never has a President instilled and created such division.

Even worse than Lincoln?......I wonder what will you say in year eight of Hillary's Admin

Reactions: Siimplicity
Dont agree with bigotry or blatant racism. Dont agree with any racism on his part. Dont agree that the private prison industry is why anyone is in jail. People are in jail in part because our justice system is broken but more so than anything because they belong there. It has nothing to do with the color of their skin.
The rest of it I dont get. I dont get the draw to him other than he seems like a big middle finger to the current administration and everyone who made it happen. I think people hear him swy he supports one thing one day and the opposite the next and then make the leap he really believes in what they do in the end and is just saying the other to get elected.

He can speak for himself…I can add more as well if you like -

1) “(John McCain is) not a war hero…. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.

2) "I get called by a guy that can't buy a pair of pants, I get called names?" – Trump’s comment about paralyzed commentator Charles Krauthammer

3) “How stupid are the people of Iowa?” after talking about a poll showing Ben Carson was beating him in Iowa

4) "I'm not sure I have ever asked God's forgiveness. I don't bring God into that picture....When I go to church and when I drink my little wine and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of forgiveness. I do that as often as I can because I feel cleansed."

5) "I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering." – Trump overestimates the number of people cheering after 911 by thousands and stuck with it even though he knew what he said wasn’t true

6) "(Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate. He may have one, but there's something on that, maybe religion, maybe it says he is a Muslim. I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want that."

7) “An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud.”

8) “I am embracing the issue, and I’m proud of the issue. I think somebody has to embrace it because, frankly, the people that are – and I don’t like the name ‘birther,’ because I think it’s very unfair and I think it’s very derogatory to a lot of very good people that happen to think that there’s a possibility that this man was not born in this country, and by the way, if that were true, you know it’s very interesting, if that were true, it’d be the greatest scam in the history of this country.”

9)) "You know, when (Ben Carson) says he went after his mother and wanted to hit her in the head with a hammer. That bothers me. I mean, that's pretty bad. I'm not saying anything other than pathological is a very serious disease. And he said he's pathological, somebody said he has pathological disease. It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper. That's a big problem because you don't cure that. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that."

10) “Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! I mean, (Carly Fiorina’s) a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

11) “You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got ayoung and beautiful piece of ass.

12) "You could see there was blood coming out of (Megyn Kelly's) eyes, blood coming out of her whatever."

13) “Beautiful, famous, successful, married – I’ve had them all, secretly, the world’s biggest names, but unlike Geraldo I don’t talk about it.” – From Trump’s “Think Big and Kick Ass

14) “I don’t think Ivanka would do that [pose for Playboy], although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.”

15) "The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families."

16) “We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people who really understand what’s happening and maybe, in some ways, closing that Internet up in some ways."

17) "The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than America. … We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing." (2000)

18) “There’s many different ways (to fix health care), by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, ‘No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private.’ But...I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now....the government’s gonna pay for it.” – Trump still supporting single payer, government-run healthcare in

19) “I identify more as a Democrat.” – (2004)

20) "I think Bush is probably the worst President in the history of the United States." (2007)

21) “Bush was a disaster for the country as well as for the Republican Party. Then he asked me about Barack Obama. I told him that Barack will need to be a great president because we’re in serious trouble as a country. It hasn’t been this way since 1929. So he doesn’t have much choice— he will simply have to be great, which he has a very good chance of being. What he has done is amazing. The fact that he accomplished what he has—in one year and against great odds—is truly phenomenal.” (2009)

22) "(Michael Bloomberg is) a friend of mine. He's been an excellent mayor of New York City. He's a great guy and he means very well." (2013)

23) “I think pretty strongly that (Bill de Blasio will) end up being a good mayor, maybe a very good mayor and I don’t think he’s going to want to kill the golden goose. ...I think he’s a smart guy that knows what’s going on really big league and I think he is not going to want to destroy New York. I think he is going to want to make New York great.” (2013)

24) "(Hillary Clinton is) very talented, very smart. She's a friend of mine, so I'm a little prejudiced." (2007)

25) "I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president." – 2008

He is the flip-floppiest of all the candidates.
He’s playing off the fears in America and feeding his insatiable ego which is blinding him to the fact he is not qualified experientially, nor emotionally and mentally.
I really like number 18 on the list - hmmmm?
Sounds like Sander’s platform to me.
As for our private prison industry, there is a really good short video…at least watch it, then we can critically pick it apart together if you want.
It does exist and is a growing issue.
Not to mention that is where a good percentage of our mentally ill end up because we have no other services to help them…the programs were dismantled by Kennedy…the big insane asylums…but they were supposed to be replaced by something better…instead they get prison mostly.

[video=youtube;hQxtRcfBIXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hQxtRcfBIXY[/video]

And just for fun…but more truthful than the nightly news.

[video=youtube;_Pz3syET3DY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_Pz3syET3DY[/video]

Even worse than Lincoln?......I wonder what will you say in year eight of Hillary's Admin
Good one. :) Funny even if it were not so serious. But of course the division I speak of is nothing like that of what Lincoln was part of.

As for Hillary, if she manages to get a get out of jail free card, I think there are far greater concerns the entire country will have to deal with. No one can be above the law. No one. Many will stand up and make that known.

He can speak for himself…I can add more as well if you like -

He is the flip-floppiest of all the candidates.
He’s playing off the fears in America and feeding his insatiable ego which is blinding him to the fact he is not qualified experientially, nor emotionally and mentally.
I really like number 18 on the list - hmmmm?
Sounds like Sander’s platform to me.
As for our private prison industry, there is a really good short video…at least watch it, then we can critically pick it apart together if you want.
It does exist and is a growing issue.
Not to mention that is where a good percentage of our mentally ill end up because we have no other services to help them…the programs were dismantled by Kennedy…the big insane asylums…but they were supposed to be replaced by something better…instead they get prison mostly.

[video=youtube;hQxtRcfBIXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hQxtRcfBIXY[/video]

And just for fun…but more truthful than the nightly news.

[video=youtube;_Pz3syET3DY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_Pz3syET3DY[/video]

Address your initial accusations of racism and bigotry. You cant prove racism unless hes said something very recently I am not aware of. Bigotry... I encounter a lot of it, from everyone. So call him a bigot if you like, just acknowledge its a natural human state.

The rest of what you have posted? I have never claimed to be a Trump fan so I dont know what you are getting at.

Address your initial accusations of racism and bigotry. You cant prove racism unless hes said something very recently I am not aware of. Bigotry... I encounter a lot of it, from everyone. So call him a bigot if you like, just acknowledge its a natural human state.

The rest of what you have posted? I have never claimed to be a Trump fan so I dont know what you are getting at.

Not a Trump fan?

Im actually going to be happy voting for him if the time comes.

Strange.

You’re kidding with the racism right?
The most obvious one was this -

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. … When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

And some…I assume…are good people….thrown in there real quickly at the end.

When asked why he was painting the 11 million undocumented immigrants in this country with such a broad brush when the number of rapists and criminals in that group was a small percentage, Trump responded, “I don’t think it’s a small percentage, it’s a lot. But it’s not Mexicans necessarily. They’re coming from all over.”

Statistically untrue…show me the facts…don’t vomit more rhetoric Mr. Trump.

@Eventhorizon

You don’t think that threatening to round up and deport 11 million people most of whom are Mexican or Latino is racist?
Who’s gonna wipe President Trump’s ass after he deports his maid?

Good one. :) Funny even if it were not so serious. But of course the division I speak of is nothing like that of what Lincoln was part of.

As for Hillary, if she manages to get a get out of jail free card, I think there are far greater concerns the entire country will have to deal with. No one can be above the law. No one. Many will stand up and make that known.

What is she going to prison for again?
The e-mail thing?
The one Trey Gowdy is being investigated for now himself for altering documents as confirmed by the CIA?

Or is this about Benghazi and the propagandist movie that has indulged a bit in what a “fact” is and what isn’t?

Sorry…but I openly have to laugh to think they are going to put her in prison.
Good luck with that.

Not a Trump fan?

Strange.

You’re kidding with the racism right?
The most obvious one was this -

And some…I assume…are good people….thrown in there real quickly at the end.

Statistically untrue…show me the facts…don’t vomit more rhetoric Mr. Trump.

Ok so again you ignore the context. Its getting slightly annoying to be honest.

And again, no racism shown in any of the Trump comments you have posted.

Here maybe this will help.

rac·ism

"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

@Eventhorizon

You don’t think that threatening to round up and deport 11 million people most of whom are Mexican or Latino is racist?
Who’s gonna wipe President Trump’s ass after he deports his maid?

The fact that 11 Million illegals in this country are predominately latino has nothing to do with wanting to deport them. Its the fact they are illegal and the fact the second they enter our country unannounced they show they have absolutely no respect for our laws.

What is she going to prison for again?
The e-mail thing?
The one Trey Gowdy is being investigated for now himself for altering documents as confirmed by the CIA?

Or is this about Benghazi and the propagandist movie that has indulged a bit in what a “fact” is and what isn’t?

Sorry…but I openly have to laugh to think they are going to put her in prison.
Good luck with that.

If she doesnt go to prison its only because she gets a pass on criminal activity. Laugh all you like, at this point it sounds like it would be good for you.

Im going to end this discussion with you today [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]. You are not using rational arguments. Arguing with you is a bit like arguing with a religious person. You want to believe what you want to believe and will do so absent facts or reasoning.
You are honestly taking some of the things I have said and trying to use them as proof points? When I said Ill be happy voting for Trump thats one time out of 15 I have said I wont like voting for Trump if it comes to it. In this specific instance that you are quoting from me, it was said with a humorous element given what I was talking about. Other people got it but you are trying to use it against me. Does this seem reasonable to you?
In any case no need to answer, like I said I am moving past this today.

Im going to end this discussion with you today @Skarekrow. You are not using rational arguments. Arguing with you is a bit like arguing with a religious person. You want to believe what you want to believe and will do so absent facts or reasoning.
You are honestly taking some of the things I have said and trying to use them as proof points? When I said Ill be happy voting for Trump thats one time out of 15 I have said I wont like voting for Trump if it comes to it. In this specific instance that you are quoting from me, it was said with a humorous element given what I was talking about. Other people got it but you are trying to use it against me. Does this seem reasonable to you?
In any case no need to answer, like I said I am moving past this today.

That’s fine…I wasn’t making fun of you.
Just pointing out that you said you disliked him but were more than happy to vote for him…that doesn’t make sense does it?
And I guess we have differing opinions about what constitutes racism or not.
His comments certainly unfairly portrayed a huge number of people based upon their race…illegal alien or not…they are just people…they aren’t here to try and destroy this country…here are some statistics and facts for you.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...igrant-crime-san-francisco-shooting/30159479/
If we had a good path to citizenship them we could better make sure that proper taxes are being collected, etc.

I gave you quite a few quotes by Trump himself contradicting what he is now saying.
How is that absent fact or reasoning? You have presented none…or any links providing any facts either.
Have a good day.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] Is this comment made just because you disagree with Obama's progressive agenda? Is there any objective evidence which supports your claim? I've heard some stuff about the number of executive orders, but then when you look at the evidence, based on number of executive orders, Obama is not out of line and in fact has less executive orders than either Bush or Reagan.

If you look at economy it seems to be there is a recovery going on. It might be a modest recovery but the economy better than when he left office.

All the other stuff, like the executive and legislative branches not working together, well it takes "two to tango" and much of this can be blamed on Congress and people like Ted Cruz who are so ideologically inflexible they are impossible to work with.

So what is it? Why is there this strong dislike or even hatred of Obama in certain segments of American society? As a non-American I'm just trying to understand if there is something beyond the ideological disagreement with him.

What about Dubya? He fed off division it seems to me. Governed like he had a mandate when he really didn't have one. Many people consider him a "failed president" but his opponents don't seem to hate him with the same intensity as Obama's opponents hate him.

Reactions: Skarekrow
[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] Is this comment made just because you disagree with Obama's progressive agenda? Is there any objective evidence which supports your claim? I've heard some stuff about the number of executive orders, but then when you look at the evidence, based on number of executive orders, Obama is not out of line and in fact has less executive orders than either Bush or Reagan.

If you look at economy it seems to be there is a recovery going on. It might be a modest recovery but the economy better than when he left office.

All the other stuff, like the executive and legislative branches not working together, well it takes "two to tango" and much of this can be blamed on Congress and people like Ted Cruz who are so ideologically inflexible they are impossible to work with.

So what is it? Why is there this strong dislike or even hatred of Obama in certain segments of American society? As a non-American I'm just trying to understand if there is something beyond the ideological disagreement with him.

What about Dubya? He fed off division it seems to me. Governed like he had a mandate when he really didn't have one. Many people consider him a "failed president" but his opponents don't seem to hate him with the same intensity as Obama's opponents hate him.

It will take me time to answer. Im out of it for now but I will get back to this. For right now food for thought. .. every comment made by Obama when a black person committing a crime was shot and yet no comments when police are being killed and murdered by the same.

12814098_10102579232254907_19156517898298330_n.jpg

[video=youtube;ksMSa4JGJmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ksMSa4JGJmY[/video]

Yes…it’s called racism.​