Same-Sex Unions in EU. | INFJ Forum

Same-Sex Unions in EU.

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Raccoon Love, Dec 1, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by Raccoon Love
  1. Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    http://eurout.org/2010/11/24/europe...-countries-recognise-existing-same-sex-unions

2. NaeturVindur

NaeturVindur Cuddlemaster
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    iNfj
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Well, this means that the EU will probably all honor the rights held by same-sex couples. However, the nation still maintain their sovereignty, and the more conservative nations will probably try to block the EU-wide gay marriage thing. However, I hope that they use the right language. I hold that separate is not equal, and that either everyone gets civil unions (leaving marriage to the churches) or everyone gets marriage. As it is with this new proposal, the difference between marriage and civil union will be upheld.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Praefect

Praefect Sparkles

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infj
    Enneagram:
    type 9
    I see that as a very likely outcome. Even the Christian Democratic Union does not appose same sex marriage in any way. The only thing that they do oppose, so far, is rewarding it financially, with the argument that there is no "legal necessity" (yet). This refers to, for instance, employees of the state that if married get a monetary family bonus on top of their normal pay. This is what our opposition looks like, at least here in Germany. And the constitutional courts are going to take care of that before the debate is even over, that is pretty much the consensus.

So, if there is an opposition to this, I don't see it coming from Germany.