LateralTalking

Regular Poster
Aug 22, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5 (?)
From wikipedia:

A longitudinal fissure separates the human brain into two distinct cerebral hemispheres, connected by the corpus callosum. The sides resemble each other and each hemisphere's structure is generally mirrored by the other side. Yet despite the strong anatomical similarities, the functions of each cortical hemisphere are managed differently. For example, the lateral sulcus generally is longer in the left hemisphere than in the right hemisphere.

Broad generalizations are often made in popular psychology about one side or the other having characteristic labels such as "logical" for the left side or "creative" for the right. These labels need to be treated carefully; although a lateral dominance is measurable, these characteristics are in fact existent in both sides,[1] and experimental evidence provides little support for correlating the structural differences between the sides with functional differences.[2]

This is the best popular video on the argument I've seen, by far:
[video=youtube;dFs9WO2B8uI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dFs9WO2B8uI#![/video]

Very, very interesting.

Do you know your lateral dominance?
These tests measure your right and left brain functions, indicating strengths and possible weaknesses, and whether you are more dominant in one hemisphere. (Top-right corner of the page)

http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html

My hypothesis is that NF = right brain dominance ST = left brain.

Damn, I searched for it but couldn't find it... Sorry :(

Always thought I always left so I chose that, but on the test left again 11 to 8

I thought the questions were interesting...

This one makes my head explode :tape2:
12. When someone is speaking, do you respond to
- What is being said (words)
- How it is being said (tempo, tone, volume, emotion)

My computer says there is a virus on the test page

there's no virus, trust me. But anyway, did you watch the video? It's super cool, isn't it? :D

This one makes my head explode
12. When someone is speaking, do you respond to
- What is being said (words)
- How it is being said (tempo, tone, volume, emotion)

I agree with you, but I really pay attention to subtle meanings and body language when speaking with somebody.

Seems you have a perfect balance :) are u left-handed?

Right Brain |||||||||||||| 52%
Left Brain |||||||||||||| 58%

Overall you appear to have fairly equal hemispheres.