Responsibility for Mental/Psychological Health/Well-being | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Responsibility for Mental/Psychological Health/Well-being

Right but if you honestly do not know what I meant its going to be hard to be more specific. A murder is a murderer and needs to be held accountable for their actions.

why, and accountable to whom?

The responsibility is of those who take it upon themselves. But, you can't expect people to ride out every storm alone and expect it to turn out well.

I agree. Inevitably mental abuse will cause stress and mental health problems, but it is up to the victim to treat themselves accordingly in any way one can. I've recently discovered that I've suffered from codependency my whole life; this was obviously caused by my trying to cope with familial dysfunction. It's now upon me to learn new ways of dealing with my emotions, developing an internal locus of control, etc.

There is always a cause and effect, but ultimately, it is up to the individual to make their choices.

If you look at the effects of abuse or any sort of traumatic experience, there are real effects on the brain and mental health of the survivor, but it is still their responsibility to work through it and make their own choices on how to proceed.

I guess the exception would be someone with a profound cognitive disability who cannot reason and understand consequences.

I agree. Inevitably mental abuse will cause stress and mental health problems, but it is up to the victim to treat themselves accordingly in any way one can. I've recently discovered that I've suffered from codependency my whole life; this was obviously caused by my trying to cope with familial dysfunction. It's now upon me to learn new ways of dealing with my emotions, developing an internal locus of control, etc.