Relevance of 'What are you Currently Reading' Thread. | INFJ Forum

Relevance of 'What are you Currently Reading' Thread.

acd

Jan 11, 2009
fantasy world
MBTI
infp
Enneagram
9w8 sp/sx
I'm beginning to question the point of this thread.. Just post pictures of books you are reading without talking about them?

I'm beginning to question the point of this thread.. Just post pictures of books you are reading without talking about them?

Well, people can look at the book, click on the link and research it for themselves.

The title isn't "Review books you are reading."

I have discovered a couple books that I might not have otherwise found without them being posted in here. Nothing is stopping you from making a review thread, or messaging someone to ask what they think of the book they posted in this thread.

Yeah. I'm well aware of that. I get the impression now that if I started a review thread I doubt many would contribute to it. I mean.. we've talked about books in PMs and Visitor messages and that's cool.

I just expected people in a what are you reading book theread would talk about books not just.... post pictures of them.
What's the point? I'm supposed to be interested in a cover and ask a question about a book that never gets answered because by the time the person views the thread again there's four pages of just.. covers.

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm well aware of that. I get the impression now that if I started a review thread I doubt many would contribute to it. I mean.. we've talked about books in PMs and Visitor messages and that's cool.

I just expected people in a what are you reading book theread would talk about books not just.... post pictures of them.
What's the point? I'm supposed to be interested in a cover and ask a question about a book that never gets answered because by the time the person views the thread again there's four pages of just.. covers.

Obviously it works for some people, maybe it is simply for people getting enjoyment about posting pictures of the books they are reading, who cares?

Woo! New thread. If you're reading something and actually have something to say about it--post it here!!

Let's talk about books!!

Last edited:
Woo! New thread. If you're reading something and actually have something to say about it--post it here!!

Let's talk about books!!

I'd contribute if you did a book-review thread. :)

Or, have you thought about maybe organizing a forum book-club? The last one kinda flopped, but we can try again if you want to talk about books some more...

A book club did occur to me... but am horrible at organization and deadlines and all of that. But if you happen to have ideas.. that'd be cool.

A book review thread is more what I was expecting. Just something short. That way, if someone has read the same book-- the people can compare their experience... maybe open up new themes or whatsuch that they hadn't discovered after their reading.

Anything. A short synopsis or criticism or comment or anecdote.. Something that provides some kind of info. that could lead to a discussion.

Last edited:
A book club did occur to me... but am horrible at organization and deadlines and all of that. But if you happen to have ideas.. that'd be cool.

A book review thread is more what I was expecting. Just something short. That way, if someone has read the same book-- the people can compare their experience... maybe open up new themes or whatsuch that they hadn't discovered after their reading.

I like the idea of a book review thread. If you'd like, you can do the honours. :)

I'm all for a book-review thread.

book review would be cool. I'm in (if i can get myself to read . . . regularly) and actually finish a book.