Quick experiment for everyone. | INFJ Forum

Quick experiment for everyone.

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by Sriracha, May 8, 2012.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Sriracha
  1. Sriracha

Sriracha Not here.
    Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFJ
    Read the following questions, turn on the TV and find a show where two people are conversing with these questions in mind, then come back and answer. Don't try to force yourself to do something that does not come natural.

1. What did you look at specifically?

2. In order to comprehend the conversation, did you have to focus on the people talking?

3. If so, move your eyes away from the people and look at something else. Were you still able to understand the conversation or did it sound more like mumbles?

3. Are your eyes able to move around the screen, seeing other details in the picture while you are still able to "listen" to the conversation and comprehend it?

4. How do you think your answers relate to your MBTI? (What is your MBTI if it is not in your profile?)

5. What is your learning type? (Auditory, Visual, etc)

2. the

the Si master race.
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1

Phebe and a radio jocky conversing about dating. (Charmed)

2. In order to comprehend the conversation, did you have to focus on the people talking?
    No

3. If so, move your eyes away from the people and look at something else. Were you still able to understand the conversation or did it sound more like mumbles?
    I understood it quite well.

3. Are your eyes able to move around the screen, seeing other details in the picture while you are still able to "listen" to the conversation and comprehend it?
    Yes

4. How do you think your answers relate to your MBTI? (What is your MBTI if it is not in your profile?)
    I dont know that it relates at all really. Cant everyone do this? I dont know what to compare it to.

Doing, or whatever the official word is.

-----

Nice to see a legitmate meanignful survey for a change and not retarded cut and paste nonsense.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 the, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  3. Elis

Elis Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFJ
    just tested.

I seam to have no problem looking away and still follow the conversation, the only problem was that the conversation didn't interest me in the slightest. I usually don't even watch TV.

I don't know what I usually focus on.

4. OP
    Sriracha

Sriracha Not here.
    Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFJ
    House. Facial expression, mouth.

Yes

Mumbles

No

Interested to see others explanations.

5. What is your learning type? Visual

I thought of these questions while my husband (ISTJ) and I were watching another program. I was focused on the conversation at hand and blurts out: "WHOAAA! DID YOU SEE THAT?" Um no. They were filming in a place he recognized immediately from a landmark in the back ground (the people were in a car.) He tends to notice details everywhere and remember them well. I simply cannot do this. I can only focus on one task at a time. I am not an auditory learner in the least. As I tell everyone, if it is not on my calendar it does not exist. I have to write everything down.

One way I am able to fight off tears during a sad movie is by looking away from the conversation and focusing on the bottom corner of the screen. Everything else becomes mute. lol

#4 Sriracha, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  5. Bird

Bird Happy Go Lucky

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    -
    Enneagram:
    -
    Body language, facial expressions.

I'm not sure I had to focus in order to comprehend the conversation.
    I was focused though as I find the subject at hand interesting.

I understood the conversation. However it was difficult to discern who
    was speaking by voice alone. I had to really listen to the context of
    the conversation and wait for more clues to be able to identify who
    was speaking.

Yes.

I don't think my learning style or my intelligence has
    anything to do with my personality type.

I'm not sure I'm stronger in one area of learning than another.
    It depends entirely on the subject matter at hand.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. JGirl

JGirl no chocolate flavored gum? wow

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    pretty much everything. i watched them talk but also took in everything going on around them

no

no problem

yes

no idea whatsoever

don't know

7. christmas

christmas is such a boss bitch.
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1

i remember glancing at Bugs Bunny's nose and a old timey payphone then i looked away because i got dizzy.

no

i stopped looking at the screen, but the conversation was cute. i laughed.

i no know!

i think i need a combinations...

8. aeon

aeon Amoureux des Chatons
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    947 sx/sp
    The Power of Myth – Joseph Campbell with Bill Moyers

No, but then again I am on my meds, so...

Understandable, but moreso with their facial expressions.

Yes.

I’m not sure really, other than what seems obvious to me, e.g., ideas that are abstracted as well as perceiving each human life as a heroic journey by means of symbol and archetype.

You tell me; traits I have are in red.

[​IMG]

Namaste,
    Ian

9. Jill Hives

Jill Hives fhtagn
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Is there a version of this for those of us who have no television reception? :p

10. This

Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:

The guy that hosts family fued talking to a contestant.

No

Still understood it perfectly

Yes

I really have no idea. I think it's probably unrelated. (I am most likely an INFJ with Ti over balancing Fe Or an ENTJ that introverts due to anxiety issues.)

Auditory.

11. OP
    Sriracha

Sriracha Not here.
    Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFJ
    Watch a youtube video, then look around your room while the discussion is taking place. Don't force yourself to focus on the conversation. Take notice of details around your room (color of the walls, laundry on the floor).

Leticia Mejor likes this.