Quick experiment for everyone. | INFJ Forum

Quick experiment for everyone.

Sriracha

Not here.
Banned
Jul 14, 2011
MBTI
ISFJ
Read the following questions, turn on the TV and find a show where two people are conversing with these questions in mind, then come back and answer. Don't try to force yourself to do something that does not come natural.

1. What did you look at specifically?

2. In order to comprehend the conversation, did you have to focus on the people talking?

3. If so, move your eyes away from the people and look at something else. Were you still able to understand the conversation or did it sound more like mumbles?

3. Are your eyes able to move around the screen, seeing other details in the picture while you are still able to "listen" to the conversation and comprehend it?

4. How do you think your answers relate to your MBTI? (What is your MBTI if it is not in your profile?)

5. What is your learning type? (Auditory, Visual, etc)

Read the following questions, turn on the TV and find a show where two people are conversing with these questions in mind, then come back and answer. Don't try to force yourself to do something that does not come natural.

Phebe and a radio jocky conversing about dating. (Charmed)

2. In order to comprehend the conversation, did you have to focus on the people talking?
No

3. If so, move your eyes away from the people and look at something else. Were you still able to understand the conversation or did it sound more like mumbles?
I understood it quite well.

3. Are your eyes able to move around the screen, seeing other details in the picture while you are still able to "listen" to the conversation and comprehend it?
Yes

4. How do you think your answers relate to your MBTI? (What is your MBTI if it is not in your profile?)
I dont know that it relates at all really. Cant everyone do this? I dont know what to compare it to.

Doing, or whatever the official word is.

-----

Nice to see a legitmate meanignful survey for a change and not retarded cut and paste nonsense.

Last edited:
just tested.

I seam to have no problem looking away and still follow the conversation, the only problem was that the conversation didn't interest me in the slightest. I usually don't even watch TV.

I don't know what I usually focus on.

House. Facial expression, mouth.

Yes

Mumbles

No

Interested to see others explanations.

5. What is your learning type? Visual

I thought of these questions while my husband (ISTJ) and I were watching another program. I was focused on the conversation at hand and blurts out: "WHOAAA! DID YOU SEE THAT?" Um no. They were filming in a place he recognized immediately from a landmark in the back ground (the people were in a car.) He tends to notice details everywhere and remember them well. I simply cannot do this. I can only focus on one task at a time. I am not an auditory learner in the least. As I tell everyone, if it is not on my calendar it does not exist. I have to write everything down.

One way I am able to fight off tears during a sad movie is by looking away from the conversation and focusing on the bottom corner of the screen. Everything else becomes mute. lol

Last edited:

Body language, facial expressions.

I'm not sure I had to focus in order to comprehend the conversation.
I was focused though as I find the subject at hand interesting.

I understood the conversation. However it was difficult to discern who
was speaking by voice alone. I had to really listen to the context of
the conversation and wait for more clues to be able to identify who
was speaking.

4. Are your eyes able to move around the screen, seeing other details in the picture while you are still able to "listen" to the conversation and comprehend it?

Yes.

5. How do you think your answers relate to your MBTI? (What is your MBTI if it is not in your profile?)

I don't think my learning style or my intelligence has
anything to do with my personality type.

6. What is your learning type? (Auditory, Visual, etc)

I'm not sure I'm stronger in one area of learning than another.
It depends entirely on the subject matter at hand.

pretty much everything. i watched them talk but also took in everything going on around them

no

no problem

yes

no idea whatsoever

don't know

i remember glancing at Bugs Bunny's nose and a old timey payphone then i looked away because i got dizzy.

no

i stopped looking at the screen, but the conversation was cute. i laughed.

i no know!

i think i need a combinations...

1. What did you look at specifically?)

The Power of Myth – Joseph Campbell with Bill Moyers

2. In order to comprehend the conversation, did you have to focus on the people talking?)

No, but then again I am on my meds, so...

3. If so, move your eyes away from the people and look at something else. Were you still able to understand the conversation or did it sound more like mumbles?)

Understandable, but moreso with their facial expressions.

3. Are your eyes able to move around the screen, seeing other details in the picture while you are still able to "listen" to the conversation and comprehend it?)

Yes.

4. How do you think your answers relate to your MBTI? (What is your MBTI if it is not in your profile?))

I’m not sure really, other than what seems obvious to me, e.g., ideas that are abstracted as well as perceiving each human life as a heroic journey by means of symbol and archetype.

You tell me; traits I have are in red.

ian_asvs.jpg

Namaste,
Ian

Is there a version of this for those of us who have no television reception? :p

The guy that hosts family fued talking to a contestant.

No

Still understood it perfectly

Yes

I really have no idea. I think it's probably unrelated. (I am most likely an INFJ with Ti over balancing Fe Or an ENTJ that introverts due to anxiety issues.)

Auditory.

Is there a version of this for those of us who have no television reception? :p

Watch a youtube video, then look around your room while the discussion is taking place. Don't force yourself to focus on the conversation. Take notice of details around your room (color of the walls, laundry on the floor).

Reactions: Leticia Mejor