Questions from Thinkers | INFJ Forum

Questions from Thinkers

steerthestars

Apr 16, 2009
MBTI
INTJ
I was going to ask this on behalf of INTJs but I guess it applies to everyone here who's xxTx.

I have feelings, but I don't show them so much outwardly. When I do, because I deliberately want someone to know that I like them/want to comfort them, I feel awkward. I feel like I'm acting, even if the sentiment is true. Also, I tend not to trust really emotional people that much, because, like I said, most of my outward displays of emotional are calculated. If I cry or yell in front of you, it's probably because I'm manipulating your emotions to get what I want. Basically, I feel anger or sadness, but I don't show them unless I need them to show for a reason.

What does it feel like to have Extroverted Feeling? How are you guys so sensitive-- don't you ever get frustrated with people's whining and annoyingness? Why do you insist on trying to comfort us INTJs when we are not looking for comfort-- we're only stating the facts about our problems?

The difference between us is that INFJ's tend to have outwards directed emotions and inward directed thinking. This means that we tend to be compassionate/sympathetic towards others, but logical, or very cold and somewhat harsh with ourselves. It is not uncommon for INFJ's to have strong senses of joy or sadness when considering others, but to feel emotionally dead when considering themselves.

INTJ's on the other hand tend to have outwards directed thinking and inward directed feeling. This means that your type tends to be logical, or (precieved to be) cold/harsh with others, but emotional with yourselves.

The cognitive functions of both types:

INFJ: Ni Fe Ti Se
INTJ: Ni Te Fi Se

If I cry or yell in front of you, it's probably because I'm manipulating your emotions to get what I want.
I wonder if this is true for most Thinking types or just exclusive to you.. If it is common among T types, that's kind of scary..

I wonder if this is true for most Thinking types or just exclusive to you.. If it is common among T types, that's kind of scary..

Its really hard to get me genuinely outwardly emotional

Its not like I am not feeling anything it just takes an effort to express it.

That kind of manipulation is common among spoiled children, but not many others. Ts don't usually act like Fs; we just tend not to be emotionally expressive. I can't remember the last time I cried noticeably or yelled in anger.

That kind of manipulation is common among spoiled children, but not many others. Ts don't usually act like Fs; we just tend not to be emotionally expressive. I can't remember the last time I cried noticeably or yelled in anger.

That is kind of a trait of introverts really. I never cry, or yell in anger in mixed company, only in private. I feel vulnerable, needy, and weak when I do it around other people. Albeit, I do feel these things very strongly, and work to hold it in (not the most healthy thing to do).

That is kind of a trait of introverts really. I never cry, or yell in anger in mixed company, only in private. I feel vulnerable, needy, and weak when I do it around other people. Albeit, I do feel these things very strongly, and work to hold it in (not the most healthy thing to do).
You're right, extraverted Ts often do yell to get results out of people.

Fe is about thinking of what's best for the group, instead of the individual.

I am similiar. I hardly ever show my feelings or articulate them. Heck! My boyfriend is an INTJ and he says I'm very stoic.

I am consumed with my emotions, though I don't show it. I also work to hold my emotions in or to deal with them privately and sort them out and express them when it is safe and reasonable to do so.