[INFJ] - Question about INFJ temperamental? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Question about INFJ temperamental?

hunnybee143

Jun 20, 2017
MBTI
Infj
Enneagram
6w5
I'm pretty sure that based on the order of functions that I am an INFJ especially pertaining to how I have always had insight into future events and people which I could rarely explain and would always astonish others....

However, I sometimes get confused and wonder if I'm actually an INFP, and I'm not sure if it's because INFJs lead with a Percieving function, or if it's normal for INFJs to have to see clarification and validation from others about their behaviors because it's so hard for the INFJ to perceive themself on their own. Does this make sense?

So for example, I typically am a planner and I have always been. Ever since I was 12 I decided I would move out of state/country at 18 so that I could pursue my dreams, study abroad etc. And with or without familial support, I literally moved out by 18 because I was dead serious. It's been 3 years since then. And I'm the type of person who takes my time to make decisions and when I do, it's practically final and inevitable unless otherwise something comes up, which is very unsettling for me.
This is true, but when it comes to how I feel, what I believe in/identify myself with, I'm often confused, and I look to the people closest to me and how we relate so that I'm able to make sense of myself.
I have a hard time being comfortable with my own tastes in things without wanting to adjust them so that I have more in common with other people.

And according to the functions of INFP they lead with Fi and typically Fi creates their own personal values and such, they don't let others decide what they like or even influence their independence....and I think that I have almost no sense of that kind of boundary because I would rather have something in common with everyone. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Reactions: Sandie33
I
I'm pretty sure that based on the order of functions that I am an INFJ especially pertaining to how I have always had insight into future events and people which I could rarely explain and would always astonish others....

However, I sometimes get confused and wonder if I'm actually an INFP, and I'm not sure if it's because INFJs lead with a Percieving function, or if it's normal for INFJs to have to see clarification and validation from others about their behaviors because it's so hard for the INFJ to perceive themself on their own. Does this make sense?

So for example, I typically am a planner and I have always been. Ever since I was 12 I decided I would move out of state/country at 18 so that I could pursue my dreams, study abroad etc. And with or without familial support, I literally moved out by 18 because I was dead serious. It's been 3 years since then. And I'm the type of person who takes my time to make decisions and when I do, it's practically final and inevitable unless otherwise something comes up, which is very unsettling for me.
This is true, but when it comes to how I feel, what I believe in/identify myself with, I'm often confused, and I look to the people closest to me and how we relate so that I'm able to make sense of myself.
I have a hard time being comfortable with my own tastes in things without wanting to adjust them so that I have more in common with other people.

And according to the functions of INFP they lead with Fi and typically Fi creates their own personal values and such, they don't let others decide what they like or even influence their independence....and I think that I have almost no sense of that kind of boundary because I would rather have something in common with everyone. Does anyone have any insight on this?
I also have the same trouble cuz i too want to fit in rather than stand out and change myself in that sense. Ti is a self doubting function just like INFPs who do that most of the time, hence it sometimes makes me feel like an INFP as well.