the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Do you think this is something that is really needed in life? Or do you think it is something instilled in us via cliches in the media. I heard this today watching the conservative emo-fest called the Glenn Beck show. It made me think, do I really need to rest after just 8 hours of working a day, or should I be out minding my own business. Planting my own gardens. Upkeeping my own house and possessions. Helping my family and others. Am I being blindly led to think that life is all about me working for the man just so I can take a nap after work? Of course a rest is needed, but really I think we could all do without being bombarded with the lazy-boy chair motto.

Just needed to vent and be emo.

I need to relax after a full day. It doesn't nesscerarly mean I am going to lounge in a lazyboy, but that would be nice now and then. I don't have very large energy stores, so I need to relax at the end of the day. If i am that physically drained, I will lay down in bed, watch tv, or listen to music.

Interesting, Rogo..

Cliches in the media that tell us that after work, we deserve to go out and purchase one of those Betty Crocker microwavable cake things all the chicks are screaming about.. That's the only commecial I can think of. Well, they must keep us well rested (lethargic) and sedentary otherwise we might think of better things to do than spend money to relax or lay around and let the world be run for us.

(tee hee! "Glenn Beck emo-fest!")

I work for about... 2 hours a day. Most of my day is "after work", I relax on here, work on my scooter, get qualifications, write plans, write articles, shower, exercise... occasionally I watch Natural Geographic.

I work every single day varying hours. It's gotten to the point that when I'm not working, I'm wandering around waiting to go to work..not resting. I've forgotten how to do that.

Interesting, Rogo..

Cliches in the media that tell us that after work, we deserve to go out and purchase one of those Betty Crocker microwavable cake things all the chicks are screaming about.. That's the only commecial I can think of. Well, they must keep us well rested (lethargic) and sedentary otherwise we might think of better things to do than spend money to relax or lay around and let the world be run for us.

(tee hee! "Glenn Beck emo-fest!")

Haha it was totally an emo fest. :p

Why does the world even need to be run? Politicians are pros at convincing people that they have problems that they can solve with your own things. For a fee of course (read:tax). Take care of your own problems or volunteer to take care of others. I find it immoral to collect a paycheck to be a servant of the public. Almost as immoral as forcing men to shave for employment. There must be some way to oppress the government and I am determined to find it out. For a fee of course. (read: taxing the government)

Dude, I'm in.
But I am also immoral for taking a paycheck for being a public servant. Drats.

As to how to oppress the gov't...If NOBODY voted, we'd do away with the two party system by it's own doing!!! How hilarious would that be? It'll never happen..I'm just a dreamer. But if it did, I would laugh my ass off.

Reactions: Zero