psychotic anxiety | INFJ Forum

psychotic anxiety

• Thread starter Deleted member 12009
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12009

i heard undead voices coming from outside multiple times just now
its past midnite and im the only waking person around
in the past when I talked about ghosts and hallucinations with people sometimes I'd get so extremely anxious at night, I'd actually start seeing things
figures in the dark, slightly moving objects, a presence right behind me etc
(actually walked with my back against the wall on that occasion)

anyone have this too? :/

Nothing that extreme but I've had a few experiences, and I know credible people who have as well. Tip: stay away from mike flanagans stuff before bed or else don't even bother, oculus was straight evil.

Reactions: muir
Make sure you're getting enough sleep and food. You might not think much of it, but it makes great difference for your health. I know you created a thread on your problems getting good nutrition, but it is far more dangerous (in the long run as well), to not eat sufficiently.

Hey man, I want to ask you a question but I'm going to need you to be completely honest: do you use drugs?

I used to have some really intense hallucinatory experiences too, and without any drug. I thought i was doing a schizophrenia for a while, and i was freaking out at one moment.
It's not psichosis and you're not crazy imo. Don't freak out, probably the hallucinations may have some meaning behind, and something to offer, but be careful if you think you're not prepared. Make sure you are in a good place emotionally, and do some research if you want too.
Heard some really scary stories of people entering their subconscious, some where drug induced, and the only thing i'm sure of, is that it's a serious thing, and better take it as such before making any daring leap into the unknown.

Last edited:
I can see how that can be scary. :(

People often experience heightened mental health symptoms at night; they get a little more disoriented or keyed up, but full-blown auditory or visual hallucinations like the kind you describe are not typical in anxiety disordered or non-manic depressed people.

My advice is to start keep track of these experiences and, like someone suggested, keep an eye on what you're putting into your body, what's going on during the day/week, what you're focusing most of your attention on, etc. Over time, you can see if you can spot a particular pattern. Sometimes these experiences are temporary and due to heightened stress. Sometimes they could indicate a more involved mental health issue.

Just stay mindful of it for now.

Yeah, during a fast. 2 weeks in. It was terrifying.

Worthwhile experience.