Present for INFJ | INFJ Forum

Present for INFJ

Ryanbutler

Regular Poster
Feb 26, 2014
MBTI
INFP
Kind of not relevant to anything else on this sub forum but I didn't know here else to put it, anyway what would you guys like the most as a present? What should I buy (or make?) for an INFJ?

Some things that I have sent to fellow INFJ's:

Books that I have read that I thought they would like.
Tarot Cards
Different kinds of stones/rocks/gems/pretty things that have certain "properties," if you will.
Hand written letters.
Cards.
Non-traditional jewelry
Random things I find in little health stores or in little stores that sell stuff like incense and candles and that kind of thing. Usually stuff that wouldn't be an obvious gift but that somehow reminded me of those people.

I hate pre-mediated gifts more than anything and usually anything that I buy for someone is on impulse because it struck a chord in me. Otherwise, trying to sort out what to get someone makes me very stressed.

For me the thought is the most important thing, not the gift really. But something handmade for example, what the giver has done. :)

Something that shows you know who I am. If I have talked to you about anything I like or do, it would speak volumes to me that you not only listened to what I told you but that you could translate that into a gift. One of the best gifts I ever got was a flute. I had mentioned offhand that I missed playing and that mine was so broken I had to get a new one but.just never seemed to find the time. He researched a bit and bought me a flute. That one was a keeper.

I would not be impressed by a gift that did not fit my personality. For example, a gift card to Hollister. I would be mortified to wear anything that tiny, tight or see-through (even if it looked great) because I am not flashy. That would say to me that you had no clue who I am.

You could make a thread on how Hitler is not an INFJ

You could make a thread on how Hitler is not an INFJ

And instead of posting snarky comments here you could reply to the evidence I last posted...

And thank you everyone else. I was thinking of buying a few books I thought she might like. But, of course I would try to find something that I think fits her personality - intelligent, fairly introverted.

And instead of posting snarky comments here you could reply to the evidence I last posted...

And thank you everyone else. I was thinking of buying a few books I thought she might like. But, of course I would try to find something that I think fits her personality - intelligent, fairly introverted.

Don't do it she is clearly a global dictator in disguise!

INFJ's are claerly the most evil hearted MBTI type...why would you possibly want to intereact with one

Spare yourself and leave her alone

Best gifts I like are to do something, go somewhere, or see someone.

Don't do it she is clearly a global dictator in disguise!

INFJ's are claerly the most evil hearted MBTI type...why would you possibly want to intereact with one

Spare yourself and leave her alone

Did you know I actually made a specific thread where we can argue about Hitler endlessly and inconclusively? I know, it's shocking, the power of the internet.

Kind of not relevant to anything else on this sub forum but I didn't know here else to put it, anyway what would you guys like the most as a present? What should I buy (or make?) for an INFJ?

Not all INFJ women like the same things, and since we don't know anything about her, it would be hard to say. What I suggest you do is listen to her. Pay close attention to what puts a sparkle in her eye. It doesn't have to be an actual object, but it could be a subject that she is passionate about. Now think about something you could get her related to this passion. It shows you're listening...<---and that right there is the gift that will make her happy.

And give her flowers along with it. But not roses. A bunch of wildflowers tied in a bow. :)

Not all INFJ women like the same things, and since we don't know anything about her, it would be hard to say. What I suggest you do is listen to her. Pay close attention to what puts a sparkle in her eye. It doesn't have to be an actual object, but it could be a subject that she is passionate about. Now think about something you could get her related to this passion. It shows you're listening...<---and that right there is the gift that will make her happy.

And give her flowers along with it. But not roses. A bunch of wildflowers tied in a bow. :)

Yes. You could actually listen to what shes says and build from that. Many women seem to like being listened to for some reason. I dont understand it. ;)

Did you know I actually made a specific thread where we can argue about Hitler endlessly and inconclusively? I know, it's shocking, the power of the internet.

I'm not talking about Hitler i'm talking about the INFJ girl in the OP

According to you she is of an MBTI type that is capable of being a global dictator....i think it would be foolhardy for you to get involved with her...surely you must agree after your stong position against the INFJ type?

Yes. You could actually listen to what shes says and build from that. Many women seem to like being listened to for some reason. I dont understand it. ;)

Well, I do listen to what she says, of course, but since she hardly ever talks about herself I might just have to completely guess... she doesn't reveal much about her interests, or anything, besides things she already has (like TV series' she likes)

I'm not talking about Hitler i'm talking about the INFJ girl in the OP

According to you she is of an MBTI type that is capable of being a global dictator....i think it would be foolhardy for you to get involved with her...surely you must agree after your stong position against the INFJ type?

Yeah. No. OK, here's what you just said:

"Because you think one genocidal dictator is an INFJ, that must mean you think ALL INFJ's are genocidal dictators!! Furthermore, because you dislike said genocidal dictator, you must dislike every single human being on this planet who you believe has the same personality type as the genocidal dictator based on a psychological personality test!"

=/= Logic. And as I'm sure I've stated at least once, I believe that people from every MBTI type have the capability for evil, and that most from ALL types are NOT evil. Which is the only reasonable thing to think anyway.

Again, kind of unrelated but since we've already been brought off topic quite far by a certain someone, I may as well ask: She sometimes seems to ignore me, and sometimes she seems quite happy to talk and other days is ice cold and doesn't want to talk to me at all. She seems quite inconsistent. I've never met anyone like her in that way. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Again, kind of unrelated but since we've already been brought off topic quite far by a certain someone, I may as well ask: She sometimes seems to ignore me, and sometimes she seems quite happy to talk and other days is ice cold and doesn't want to talk to me at all. She seems quite inconsistent. I've never met anyone like her in that way. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

INFJ's are processing things all the time

Depending on what she is processing she may be more or less present in reality. She may also have an intense look on her face but that does not necessarily mean she is bearing ill will to anyone in the room....her thoughts might be on something completely unrelated to her immediate surroundings

Well, I do listen to what she says, of course, but since she hardly ever talks about herself I might just have to completely guess... she doesn't reveal much about her interests, or anything, besides things she already has (like TV series' she likes)

Yeah. No. OK, here's what you just said:

"Because you think one genocidal dictator is an INFJ, that must mean you think ALL INFJ's are genocidal dictators!! Furthermore, because you dislike said genocidal dictator, you must dislike every single human being on this planet who you believe has the same personality type as the genocidal dictator based on a psychological personality test!"

=/= Logic. And as I'm sure I've stated at least once, I believe that people from every MBTI type have the capability for evil, and that most from ALL types are NOT evil. Which is the only reasonable thing to think anyway.

I dont want to sound mystical or something of the like. But everyone talks in different ways. What types of magazines does she flip through more often then not? What types of stores does she stop in and look around? What type of clothes does she wear. Come on you are intuitive, use it.
:)

Sure. Sounds more like an intj. :)

Hmmm ice cold. Perhaps you have done something or are doing something she is not fond of but is nit the type to tell you what it is.

Sure. Sounds more like an intj. :)

Hmmm ice cold. Perhaps you have done something or are doing something she is not fond of but is nit the type to tell you what it is.

You say she sounds like an INTJ. I say she sounds like a woman. ;)

Yeah, the ice cold and ignore thing usually means (at least for me) that the person is being too clingy or needy and that annoys the shit out of me. So I shut down and want you to go away until you pull it together.

Just me though.

She may like you as more than a friend. I will purposefully ignore someone I have a crush on, even if he is standing right next to me and we are having a conversation with a third person. I will talk to the other person and glance at the crush. I cannot look at him because my heart is pounding and I am trying out of fear not to show how much I like him. This seems counterintuitive but there it is. I would combine the willingness to talk with the ignoring if I had a crush.

Of course, if you said or did something that was a complete turn off, the crush ignoring could very quickly turn into general ignoring because you are no longer interesting. The fact that she wants to talk to you at all is encouraging because I don't spend time with people who don't interest me unless I have to, such as at work.