Preparing a Monologue

DevilDoll

Beware! I Bite...
Dec 6, 2009
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I have acting experience, but it's all in an operatic setting. I know how to go about learning and preparing for those sort of auditions and roles, but now I am moving on to something a little different. I'm auditioning for our local shadow cast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It's amateur musical theater at it's finest, but I am have to go in with a prepared monologue and I have never done this before. I figured there have got to be a couple of actors around here who might have tips on the process. I shouldn't have a problem memorizing it, but there's got to be more to it than that. Right? Any Insight? I'd appreciate any tips. :D

what kind of monologue?

what kind of monologue?

Well, I am auditioning for Columbia and assuming they want parts from the movie I was planning on her breakdown just before the Floor Show.

Columbia: My God! I can't take any more of this - first you spurn me for Eddie, then you cast him off like an old overcoat for Rocky. You chew people up and spit them out - I loved you, do you hear me - I LOVED YOU - And what did it get me - I'll tell you - A big nothing. You're like a sponge. You take, take, take, take! You drain others of their love and emotions. Well, I've had enough. You've got to choose between me and Rocky - so named because of the rocks in his head.

Then I figured I'd sing and do the choreography for the Floor Show.

I am not sure if that covers what type of monologue...

Last edited: