Preparing a Monologue | INFJ Forum

Preparing a Monologue

Discussion in 'Art, Entertainment, and Media' started by DevilDoll, Sep 14, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by DevilDoll
  1. DevilDoll

DevilDoll Beware! I Bite...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    I have acting experience, but it's all in an operatic setting. I know how to go about learning and preparing for those sort of auditions and roles, but now I am moving on to something a little different. I'm auditioning for our local shadow cast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It's amateur musical theater at it's finest, but I am have to go in with a prepared monologue and I have never done this before. I figured there have got to be a couple of actors around here who might have tips on the process. I shouldn't have a problem memorizing it, but there's got to be more to it than that. Right? Any Insight? I'd appreciate any tips. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barnabas

Barnabas Time Lord

Threads:
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    what kind of monologue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    DevilDoll

DevilDoll Beware! I Bite...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    Well, I am auditioning for Columbia and assuming they want parts from the movie I was planning on her breakdown just before the Floor Show.

Then I figured I'd sing and do the choreography for the Floor Show.

I am not sure if that covers what type of monologue...

#3 DevilDoll, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010