Powdered Human Baby Flesh Capsules In South Korea | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Powdered Human Baby Flesh Capsules In South Korea

There are some pretty sound reasons for not consuming human flesh.
Ingesting human flesh has it's risks...

But what also concerns me, besides that ingesting other people is unethical and unhealthy and unsanitary....

Is the surplus of dead babies and fetus' laying around in China--enough to have it's own industry.
But I guess that's just an outcome of birth restriction policies..
Some serious human rights issues...

Food safety regulations are good.

Last edited:
I'd still maintain that there's a difference between giving new life to someone else's heart and that heart giving life to you, and digesting the dead, dried powdered flesh of another human being.

It's all making use of a dead organism. You never said that you found the
reasons creepy, but rather the act itself. But let's not argue semantics.

I will stop posting in your thread now that I've given you this food for
thought :)

Reactions: Apone
Hey guys,
sorry in advance for sounding like mrs reverend lovejoy- think of the children!

Would it bother you more if this was happening in the nation you lived in or your own neighbourhood?

I absolutely understand that there are probably millions of people, including babies and millions of animals dying everyday for pointless and avoidable reason. And theres a lot of people that dont get the luxury to die and just have to suffer with so much needless abuse and tolerate the destructive actions of other humans and their warped cultures through their sad lives. And if we thought about all this all the time it would become so overwhelmingly sad we would go crazy.

It something that I thought about a lot in the 'would you kill a puppy thread' (yes, i spend too much time thinking about these things). Just because its happening everyday, and we are all involved in it and it seems too complicated to fix doesnt mean we shouldnt try. We can't change other people but we can change what we do. The people involved in this practice (or other baby/people killing practices) arent bad people, they are just ignorant, caught up in their own cultural values and cultural institutions. But just becomes its already happening doesnt make it any better of justifiable.

Just another way, a different way to create more self destruction. The trippiest and most wonderful thing about humans and culture is that is is generational.

There is every possibility that the next generation of humans will be more evolved provided we do the groundwork for them. There is no problem in the world that can not be fixed because of this. And our cultures are just collective human conciousness, made up of all our indiviudal conciousness. There are streams and currents of conciousness of patterns of schemas, ideologies and philosophy that flow through this collective. This means that there is always reason for hope and infinite possibilities in the direction we can evolve, both as individuals and collectively as cultures. Indifference, apathy, and loss of hope happens when we cant see the possibilities anymore.

The shit we do to ourselves and each other is horrific, and thinking about it is so tiring and draining. I do sometimes wonder if everything I have tried to do has been pointless because it seems there is always just so much destruction and I just feel helpless. It terrifies me that I have brought a child into this world. Sometimes I get so frustrated, angry and confused because I no longer remember what the point is and why we are subjected to all this. It would be easier if it just ended why do so many of us have to suffer. But the only enemy here is culture- our collectively ignorance and the anti-human, anti-life beliefs of most of the world, and our own fear. We can move past this with unconditional love and acceptance. It can change and it will change. We just cant afford to give up

If we were talking about cats, I might feel differently.

If this is their culture then they can do what they do. I am sure there's a lot of things we do over here that those places find abominable. We all hate each other for not being the same.

Reactions: hush
It's all making use of a dead organism. You never said that you found the
reasons creepy, but rather the act itself. But let's not argue semantics.

I will stop posting in your thread now that I've given you this food for
thought :)

Decay and decomposition already make use of a dead organisms.
So what is the point? Do we need to make a use for dead organisms by selling gimmicks?

What good is consuming something that is potentially dangerous or at the very least, an ineffective gimmick?

A heart transplant or any other organ transplant is not really the same as ingesting powdered human remains.

I understand the parallel you are drawing--both are utilizing human remains.. I just don't think it's a valid comparison.
The organs that are transplanted are:
a.) A voluntarily offered up by the deceased by contract before dying
b.)Not dead organic matter.
c.) Backed by research
d.) Save lives.

Lab tests showed these remains were contaminated with "super bacteria" and viruses.
It'd be interesting if there was research stating that it was beneficial... but what reason is there to believe that ingesting charred baby remains is a panacea or even a stamina booster?
It isn't dead organic matter that is beneficial, but live matter--organs, stem cells...

I was replying to your post because you mentioned making use of the dead organism.
That is what I took issue with. I was shooting for practicality.

Last edited:
If we were talking about cats, I might feel differently.

If this is their culture then they can do what they do. I am sure there's a lot of things we do over here that those places find abominable. We all hate each other for not being the same.

I don't think that this is a cultural thing, exactly... I'd be guessing that it's more of a niche thing.
I'm sure that there are people in China/South Korea who are equally disgusted.

I don't think that this is a cultural thing, exactly... I'd be guessing that it's more of a niche thing.
I'm sure that there are people in China/South Korea who are equally disgusted.

Maybe!

forsaking their souls
humans are headed toward total depravity

Would it bother you more if this was happening in the nation you lived in or your own neighbourhood?
As of yet, I have no way of knowing whether or not I would be more bothered. It might, but the world is a global family now, and I do view it as a personal issue.

As someone of Chinese descent, I have long gotten used to experiencing certain cultural "attitudes" firsthand, and have gotten used to an undending feeling of disgust. The ability of some cultures/people to be base and apathetic about things like this makes surviving more efficient. Not everybody in the world likes to embrace compassion. Sometimes I wonder how much I myself can rightfully impose my opinions on others, in that light. In the end, compassion leading to bettering the world is just a philosophy that is held by only a portion of people. Even the desire to better the world comes from the desires of some individuals and not others.

I absolutely understand that there are probably millions of people, including babies and millions of animals dying everyday for pointless and avoidable reason. And theres a lot of people that dont get the luxury to die and just have to suffer with so much needless abuse and tolerate the destructive actions of other humans and their warped cultures through their sad lives. And if we thought about all this all the time it would become so overwhelmingly sad we would go crazy.

It something that I thought about a lot in the 'would you kill a puppy thread' (yes, i spend too much time thinking about these things). Just because its happening everyday, and we are all involved in it and it seems too complicated to fix doesnt mean we shouldnt try. We can't change other people but we can change what we do. The people involved in this practice (or other baby/people killing practices) arent bad people, they are just ignorant, caught up in their own cultural values and cultural institutions. But just becomes its already happening doesnt make it any better of justifiable.

Just another way, a different way to create more self destruction. The trippiest and most wonderful thing about humans and culture is that is is generational.

There is every possibility that the next generation of humans will be more evolved provided we do the groundwork for them. There is no problem in the world that can not be fixed because of this. And our cultures are just collective human conciousness, made up of all our indiviudal conciousness. There are streams and currents of conciousness of patterns of schemas, ideologies and philosophy that flow through this collective. This means that there is always reason for hope and infinite possibilities in the direction we can evolve, both as individuals and collectively as cultures. Indifference, apathy, and loss of hope happens when we cant see the possibilities anymore.

The shit we do to ourselves and each other is horrific, and thinking about it is so tiring and draining. I do sometimes wonder if everything I have tried to do has been pointless because it seems there is always just so much destruction and I just feel helpless. It terrifies me that I have brought a child into this world. Sometimes I get so frustrated, angry and confused because I no longer remember what the point is and why we are subjected to all this. It would be easier if it just ended why do so many of us have to suffer. But the only enemy here is culture- our collectively ignorance and the anti-human, anti-life beliefs of most of the world, and our own fear. We can move past this with unconditional love and acceptance. It can change and it will change. We just cant afford to give up
I agree with you. I personally think it should change. I think I might want to get into public relations or nonprofit someday in the future. At the moment, there's nothing I can really do about it sitting here from my computer chair though, and while knowing that this occurs is unpalatable, it's a small part of all the other unpalatable things that are going on in the world, and for me voicing my digust about it would only be for the purposes of joining in with social Fe circlejerk feely group expression and otherwise unnecessary and actionless.

I also don't see how it particularly pertains to my post, other than the fact that I chose not to pointedly voice my disgust towards it, but I do appreciate how you pointed me towards your opinion as always, so I'm just going to assume that was your purpose in quoting me.

Reactions: hush
As of yet, I have no way of knowing whether or not I would be more bothered. It might, but the world is a global family now, and I do view it as a personal issue.

As someone of Chinese descent, I have long gotten used to experiencing certain cultural "attitudes" firsthand, and have gotten used to an undending feeling of disgust. The ability of some cultures/people to be base and apathetic about things like this makes surviving more efficient. Not everybody in the world likes to embrace compassion. Sometimes I wonder how much I myself can rightfully impose my opinions on others, in that light. In the end, compassion leading to bettering the world is just a philosophy that is held by only a portion of people. Even the desire to better the world comes from the desires of some individuals and not others.

I agree with you. I personally think it should change. I think I might want to get into public relations or nonprofit someday in the future. At the moment, there's nothing I can really do about it sitting here from my computer chair though, and while knowing that this occurs is unpalatable, it's a small part of all the other unpalatable things that are going on in the world, and for me voicing my digust about it would only be for the purposes of joining in with social Fe circlejerk feely group expression and otherwise unnecessary and actionless.

I also don't see how it particularly pertains to my post, other than the fact that I chose not to pointedly voice my disgust towards it, but I do appreciate how you pointed me towards your opinion as always, so I'm just going to assume that was your purpose in quoting me.

Yes it is a global family now. But sometimes issues like this hit harder when they are happening in you own tangible community. The distance and separation can make issues seem too far away to worry about sometimes. Bascially if something isnt effecting you directly, or in a tangible way, it becomes less meaningful and easier to not think about.

The reason I quoted your response is because i felt its underlying feeling was apathy, and a sense of acceptance and helplessness of the situation because the world is already so full of problems.

This is just my philisophical belief, and concepts Ive somewhat picked up from psychology, sociology and history: I believe that your individual thoughts, what you choose to voice, your attitude, and of course all your actions create your own reality, and collectively we create our cultural reality. If enough people feel strongly about something, culture changes. So I guess I feel that you can do a lot just by thinking about something. Ofcourse action is more important than just thinking, but your thoughts and feelings are continously defining the framework and all possible manisfestations of reality.

I dont think we have the right to condemn or judge these people involved in this situation. I dont think they are doing this because they are 'bad', they are only doing it because it is culturally acceptable. While I personally dislike all cultures in this world and all cultural institutions, I do support the right of people to adhere to their culture of choice, whatever they may be. The only time I draw the line is when it is self destructive or hurting others. And it totally disturbs me that the way we commercially farm animals for our consumption as well. Basically as long as it is not impeding on the declaration of human rights, I will keep my opinions to myself and live and let live. In many ways I think this particular problem is not as harmful to the babies, as it is to the people involved in the production and consumption of their 'product'. That is far more sad. The babies are not the ones experiencing the pain, it is everyone else in that particular matrix.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was actual baby flesh. I wouldn't be surprised if it was pig or something else either.

What really disturbs me is the idea that anyone, regardless of what is supposedly in the pill, would want to consume human flesh for health benefits. I know in the past cannibalism existed in particular cultures/traditions, but isn't the fact that it is turned into pill form show that they, on one hand, have accepted modern medical practices and, on the other, are clinging to backward beliefs.

I could understand if the beliefs were very strongly culturally rooted, but I think these people are just crazy.

I don't understand these "decline of humanity" type of comments. I am convinced that anyone making those types of statements have never read any history beyond what's taught through the standard education systems.

I don't understand these "decline of humanity" type of comments. I am convinced that anyone making those types of statements have never read any history beyond what's taught through the standard education systems.

Yeah exactly, humans have always been this disgusting. But then again I'm a moral relativist and don't really think you can judge the actions of people from another time/culture by the standards of your own. So I think the word disgusting should be taken with a boulder sized grain of salt.

Or maybe a grain of dead human baby powder!

Yeah exactly, humans have always been this disgusting. But then again I'm a moral relativist and don't really think you can judge the actions of people from another time/culture by the standards of your own. So I think the word disgusting should be taken with a boulder sized grain of salt.

Or maybe a grain of dead human baby powder!

Oh, don't get me wrong here. I do find it quite disgusting. I just don't think human compassion or "morality" is in a decline of any kind.

....I could understand if the beliefs were very strongly culturally rooted, but I think these people are just crazy.

I don't think these beliefs are very strongly culturally rooted, based on the Koreans I've met, most of them would be disgusted by it. Granted, if they did do it, they probably wouldn't go around and let people know they're popping dead baby pills -- it is not the sort of thing you put on Facebook, right?

But then again:

From the dailymail article:

"There is a huge demand for the pills which are thought to enhance stamina. Microwave-dried placenta is also sought after for its alleged 'medicinal' benefits."

So yeah, they're treating dead babies like Red Bull... they're also marketing it as some kind of general health supplement.

I actually had a brief trip to Geumgangsan in North Korea (you used to be able to go there from the South, not so sure if you can do it now) a few years ago and in the local goods store you could buy alcohol which they claimed was made with Tiger's Bones... and there was one with Seal Penis as well-- I found them after I asked the girl in the store what the best drink in the store was. Dead babies seems like a natural progression in so many ways, and it doesn't really surprise me at all, but it does creep me out.

I don't know what to think.

Yeah I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I agree that there's no decline since humans have always been doing "disgusting" things.

Further, it is my own opinion that it is impossible for one people to judge the actions of another people. For instance everybody was racist in America in the 1700s. I don't think all people from the 1700s were evil at all! If I met a racist today I would though.

Awww come on nobody's above this kind of thing, especially since most of us grow up in relative isolation and the only real atrocities we know are sites like 4chan, whatever filters through via metal bands and histories that we're so detached from that even the horrific bits aren't that horrific… oh yeah, and there's also the fact that so many films and books paint the past as idealistic.

But really, I'm actually pretty fond of saying things are better now as well-- have you ever read Steven Pinker? I think you can find his lectures online… pretty uplifting stuff.

Still, even if we are in a civilized 'great peace', it doesn't mean we're immune to decline.

most of us grow up in relative isolation and the only real atrocities we know are sites like 4chan

Hahaha. That's great!

I have read Steven Pinker, and what I at least am talking about is the unchanging heart of human nature, not so much cultural or technological evolution.

I think our society is a lot better off now. But humans are no more or less evil than ever.

It certainly is not popular, but the truth is the truth.

Judgment comes.

Humble yourselves before God.