Political Compass Test | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Political Compass Test

I started working as a paper boy when i was twelve, did yard work, marched around my town raking leaves, shoveling snow, started cleaning the local fish store at 15, did part time custodian work in Highschool and pumped gass at one of the ten busiest gas stations as a Senior. Worked full time delivering lumber when I was 18 and have had a full time job 90 percent of the time since. I get up every morning at 4:00 to be at work by 5:30.

the damn Hippies never liked me.

Oh yeah? Well I started working while in the uterus, by the time I was born, I was CEO of five international companies and Time's Person of The Year twice.

I was thinking more socially left and economically right, but oh well… all of those questions about rich people were impossible to agree with.

pcgraphpng.php

Economic Left/Right: 3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

I thought I'd end up further to the right economically. Hmm.

21njtk6.jpg

wonder what the abstract art question was all about.
Like putting a giant pile of sandwich meat on a bed and calling it art. (that one was in the news a while back) Or randomly shooting paintballs at a canvas. Or twisting scrap metal into a jumbled up mess. Basically stuff that does not even remotely resemble anything with any sort of recognizable structure, pattern, purpose, or idea without requiring an explanation from the artist. Honestly I think it's stupid and requires little to no actual talent, but it's still technically art since it's the act of creating that defines the base essence of it, not the content or technique...even if you're just taking a picture of yourself with a trash can on your head and saying it's a representation of modern man lol.

Anyways, this is what I got. Nice to know I'm not the only one here in this area on it.

pcgraphpng.php

Last edited:
Reactions: CindyLou
Like putting a giant pile of sandwich meat on a bed and calling it art. (that one was in the news a while back) Or randomly shooting paintballs at a canvas. Or twisting scrap metal into a jumbled up mess. Basically stuff that does not even remotely resemble anything with any sort of recognizable structure, pattern, purpose, or idea without requiring an explanation from the artist. Honestly I think it's stupid and requires little to no actual talent, but it's still technically art since it's the act of creating that defines the base essence of it, not the content or technique...even if you're just taking a picture of yourself with a trash can on your head and saying it's a representation of modern man lol.

Anyways, this is what I got. Nice to know I'm not the only one here in this area on it.

Lol, I know what it is I just wasn't sure how it was relevant. :)

I personally hate abstract art. Not because I hate the art itself, nor would I say that it requires little to no talent (I wouldn't know) but because of what I think it represents which is why I was wondering where that question was going or what that was 'supposed' to mean.

We are almost political twins. Twinkies. ;)

Abstract art is the only type of art that truly represents art to me. Depicting reality in art always seems either soulless or fake.

2mcs2v.png

Abstract art is the only type of art that truly represents art to me. Depicting reality in art always seems either soulless or fake.

I know this is probably for another thread, but I feel exactly the opposite but I understand why you feel that way. For example, I love Baroque art, but don't like most stuff from the Enlightenment era on because it can get kinda boring. Abstract art can be okay, but only if I'm the artist. LOL I always feel like I'm looking into the artists' subconscious and I just don't care. Sometimes I think the more we slip into meaninglessness, the more abstract our art gets as well. So, I don't particularly care to have it in my home, either. I like to parody the srsness and pretentiousness of it in my descriptions of my daughter's art when I'm showing it to others....lolool I guess you wouldn't think that was funny. :(

Economic Left/Right: 3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

I thought I'd end up further to the right economically. Hmm.

21njtk6.jpg

Hey, you're more GOP than I am! : - ) LOL....

I agree with [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION] that the questions kind of forced you to an either/or position and did not have much middle ground - I am usually a moderate, neither to the left or right too much but, of course, it depends on the issue.

I definitely agree with you on the abstract art - not a fan either! : - )

[MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION] - I completely get where you're coming from. Abstract art can be very pretentious and boring, and some of it very laughable, too. But some I it is breathtakingly beautiful in my opinion. I love Kandinsky and his art. But tastes vary, and there's always room for differing opinions about art - there's so much of it :)

Haha maybe, twinkies are super gross though, and they never rot lol.

Do you remember the last time you had a twinkie? I mean, yeah they sound super gross but are they actually? Maybe they're delicious?!

Do you remember the last time you had a twinkie? I mean, yeah they sound super gross but are they actually? Maybe they're delicious?!
Not exactly, probably somewhere around middle school. I used to like stuff like that back then, along with other Little Debbie type snacks, but they are too sickeningly sweet for me these days and just taste fake. Highly processed food like that actually makes me feel physically sick and emotionally down cause I'm used to eating a lot healthier than I did back then. If I want something sweet it has to be good quality like Ghirardelli or imported chocolate (preferably dark chocolate that is at least 70% cacao), or cookies/cakes/pies/etc. that I make myself (I pretty much don't buy pre-made sweets any more, there is too much crap in them.). Other than that, if I want something sweet, I'd much rather have fruit.

[MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION]

It has to do with government sponsored art exhibits and artists that receive government funding and how people either agree or disagree with their taxes paying for what they do or do not consider art. Central authority has had a long history in supporting cultural significance through funding of the arts.

See: National Endowment for the Arts

Aahhh thank you for clearing that up. I read way too much into that question. ;)