PlayStation Home... | INFJ Forum

PlayStation Home...

Uberfuhrer

Community Member
Jun 8, 2008
MBTI
ENTP
Do any PS3 owners use it?

I was playing around with it. On one hand, it's an interesting concept, on the other, it's disturbing.

Interesting because it makes Internet social networking seem more realistic (or maybe interactive is the more proper word), disturbing for the same reason.

What are your thoughts on it?

I would probably be as introverted as I am in real life with it.

Do any PS3 owners use it?

I was playing around with it. On one hand, it's an interesting concept, on the other, it's disturbing.

Interesting because it makes Internet social networking seem more realistic (or maybe interactive is the more proper word), disturbing for the same reason.

What are your thoughts on it?

Eh, nothing really 'new' nor do I like it all that much.

I would probably be as introverted as I am in real life with it.

I think it's a fascinating opportunity for sociological experiments. For example, maybe I should convert my character into a woman and see if the guys (or rather their digital counterparts) will pay attention to me! (Can you see why it would be disturbing?)

I'm also curious as to what other kinds of environments they will create to expand Sonyville as time goes on. I'm guessing this land of product placement will continue well into the PlayStation 4 and beyond.

I just love opportunities to create characters in my image, that's probably the main reason I like it, to be honest. But I can't believe that you literally have to pay to buy pixelated clothing. It's a 3D Facebook.

And I think a person using this thing should be required to have pictures in their profiles.

Oh, and I have the same username on it as I do here...

Last edited:
I think it's a fascinating opportunity for sociological experiments. For example, maybe I should convert my character into a woman and see if the guys (or rather their digital counterparts) will pay attention to me! (Can you see why it would be disturbing?)

I'm also curious as to what other kinds of environments they will create to expand Sonyville as time goes on. I'm guessing this land of product placement will continue well into the PlayStation 4 and beyond.

I just love opportunities to create characters in my image, that's probably the main reason I like it, to be honest. But I can't believe that you literally have to pay to buy pixelated clothing. It's a 3D Facebook.

And I think a person using this thing should be required to have pictures in their profiles.

Oh, and I have the same username on it as I do here...

Ohhh, you don't want to convert to a woman. Trust me. I have female and male characters on WoW and I get tired of the pick up lines. I mean, hello. I am playing a game here. Get off my server, jerkface.

I usually get them my telling them I'm old enough to be their mother, and would their mother appreciate such talk? That usually quiets them down.

Ohhh, you don't want to convert to a woman. Trust me. I have female and male characters on WoW and I get tired of the pick up lines. I mean, hello. I am playing a game here. Get off my server, jerkface.

I usually get them my telling them I'm old enough to be their mother, and would their mother appreciate such talk? That usually quiets them down.

Haha, I know a ton of women who play male characters for just that reason.

Well, under normal circumstances, I tend to play as female characters in games that have the option for creating female characters.

I can see myself being criticized as a "faggot" because of it, but I figure that if I'm going to stare at the backside of someone, I'd much rather it be the gender that I'm attracted to.

(Okay, in actuality, I'm just a perv.)

I think the reason I find this system unique is not the design, but the objective. I know World of Warcraft has social networking as a secondary option, but its main objective is being involved in a game. PlayStation Home's main objective is for social networking. It's like a reality simulator, which is objectively creepy but also a more effective escapist activity for social types. Or at least that's the direction it's going in.

On the other hand, this escapist activity that PlayStation Home provides could end up making escapists relatively more comfortable with the social world, in certain ways.

I'll check it again when people start logging on with their Bluetooth headsets armed. (I don't think that feature is implemented yet.)

Last edited:
Eventually the "internet" as we know it will become a more advanced type of SonyVille/SonyHome. We will all be able to look up information and anyone in the vicinity of our avatar will be able to look at what we are browsing... if we so choose. This type of metaverse that will be created will allow for all kinds of new possibilities.

It's just a stepping stone toward the future.

Last edited:
Eventually the "internet" as we know it will become a more advanced type of SonyVille/SonyHome. We will all be able to look up information and anyone in the vicinity of our avatar will be able to look at what we are browsing... if we so choose. This type of metaverse that will be created will allow for all kinds of new possibilities.

It's just a stepping stone toward the future.

We'll be surfing the Net within a holograph. That would be really cool.

It would be like being in a city, and each site you visit you will have to access by entering this holographic subway and inputting your destination. The moving train you're inside will represent the loading time.

I only ever watched the pilot of that show.

I'm afraid if I ever watched any more of that show, then all of the ideas I've ever generated will be deemed unoriginal.

Sometimes, it's best to savor the illusion.