Pizza shops across US may face pepperoni shortage

slant

Capitalist pig
Donor
Dec 30, 2008
MBTI
None
Oh no.

This shortage has caused pepperoni prices to rise.

It's now up 50% from last year.

The price of mozzarella is also going up, even though there isn't a shortage of it.

This could have an impact on future pizza costs

What are we gonna do
giphy.gif

I'm sorry about this thread y'all but when I saw it pop up on my news feed I started laughing hysterically and I just had to share.

A pepperoni shortage??? That's what we're worried about?? I love life

This happened during the great depression, too. I was talking about this in maybe April in the coronavirus thread because I listen to agriculture/farmer podcasts

One of the issues was that the butcher shops were closed so they couldn't get the animals butchered so they basically had to kill them. That was with pigs. It had started to happen to chicken too

This happened during the great depression, too. I was talking about this in maybe April in the coronavirus thread because I listen to agriculture/farmer podcasts

One of the issues was that the butcher shops were closed so they couldn't get the animals butchered so they basically had to kill them. That was with pigs. It had started to happen to chicken too

"Had to". The alternative is to keep them alive and feed them for X# of months. It would raise the price of meat, but so what?

This would make for a great wacky conspiracy theory: covid is part of a vegan conspiracy.

If it were a vegan conspiracy we'd be allowed to rescue the animals and bring them to sanctuaries, but in many cases, those who owned the animals refused to allow this. This included sanctuaries that were able to pay for X# of animals.

Totally made me think of a simcity news headline

• Cross-Eyed Python Found To Be Running Successful Chain Of All-Night Laundromats

• Cure For Senility Found, But Lost Before Being Recorded
  • French Kissing Leads To Higher Croissant Use, Authorities Warn
  • Fresh Fruit In Season Is Berry, Berry Good
  • Giant Hairball Has Perfect Grammar, Linguists Say
  • Girl Rides Bicycle Across City Phone Wires; Arrested For Eavesdropping
  • Gravy Tastes Better When Loudly Slurped; Scientists Baffled