Kgal

Gone
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9 Mediator
Do you ever experience a physical response in your body when you have a synchronous moment with a stranger?

After I meet with my counselor I often go to the same restaurant nearby while waiting for my meditation sangha to meet at the Unity Church. This time my waiter was a young man I’ve not ever seen there: a complete stranger. I had brought a notebook with The Healing Codes and had it open on the table in front of me when he showed up to take my order. He looked at it and asked me what was I studying. After pausing - trying to figure out how to tell him what the book was essentially about - I said some stuff - paused again - and he mentioned “Spiritual?” and I nodded yes….sort of.

Then he blurted out “I like to meditate”. He likes to blend Christian beliefs with Eastern traditions like Buddhism and I said “Why not…Christ’s teachings are similar to Buddha’s”. He lit up like a christmas tree and smiled.

I was surprised. Of course I warmed to this statement and inquired what method(s) he used, etc. We chatted for a minute and he left. I decided to write down a couple of web sites that gave free talks and guided meditations from a non-religious perspective and gave it to him to check out.

Later he approached me with a serious look on his face and asked permission to ask me a question.

“Do you believe Demons can inhabit human bodies?”…he said.

Wow. I know you guys all have the same thing going on in life. We have that sign across our foreheads that says “Talk To Me” - right? But I was really caught unprepared for this young man of about 19.

How does one answer a question like that coming from left field?

Anyway - I paused again - to formulate some kind of true response from myself. I respected him already - you see - and he deserved no less than the real me. So I launched into a quick talk about how when we are intensely feeling an emotion it radiates outward from our bodies and others can sense it. He readily agreed. I could see understanding dawning in his eyes. I went on to talk about how if emotions have their own energy signatures - then they can exist in energy form all on their own. How when people continuously think angry and negative thoughts that is what they attract to themselves. He said: “..like The Law of Attraction?”…and I said, “I can’t speak to that. I can only tell you for certain I have experienced it in my life. When I changed the way I view people from negative to positive - my life changed.” That is a factual observance. I went on to say that I think Negative Energy - be it in the form of Anger/Hatred can attract more to itself - sort of coalesce - and I held my hands to hold a ball - and therefore can affect people who are near it. I said I wouldn’t call it a Demon per se - but that intense Energies do exist.

He thanked me from a deep place within himself and said he had a new way of looking at things.

I - ummm - felt a shift within me?

When I was leaving the restaurant he was standing nearby and walked over to me to tell me goodnight.

Of all things he gave me a hug! :hug:
And even more astonishing - I gave him a kiss on his cheek. :kiss:
I was completely swept up in the moment and I can tell you - in my state of mind - I was Not in a restaurant in front of dozens of complete strangers.

After I got in the car to drive to meditation I was shaking - had the jitters - that fluttering feeling - in my gut. And I had a big smile on my face.

Do you ever have physical responses to random encounters?

Not often enough to recall, but I think that your experience goes to show how it's more likely to happen when you're really able to just accept someone where they are, even if they're coming out of left field.

I've had a number of these experiences, they make life worth living :)

Reactions: Quiet
When I was writing the account this morning - it brought tears to my eyes - and I wondered about that....

Yes [MENTION=5297]Neverwhere[/MENTION] - I have had these kinds of experiences many times over the years. This one - though - was such a surprise because I imagine the total time of conversation with him was maybe 15 minutes at the most. And just like that - bamm - a connection was formed.

After contemplating it this afternoon I have decided it resembled "Love At First Sight". Noo...not the romantic kind of love at first sight - which I've experienced once in my long life. But - as in Unconditional love at first sight. You know how when you fall in love your boundaries collapse and they overlap with one another? It's as if you become one - ummm - complete human being?

I think in that moment we let down our boundaries. I mean think about it: I can well imagine he did not go around asking people if they believed in demons - right? Most people would scoff - roll their eyes - and declare him daft or crazy or a zealot or something. He was so earnest.... How could I not honor him? Yes [MENTION=2434]Black Sheep[/MENTION]. I would say this is definitely an example of meeting someone where they're at.

Then I opened up and shared my weird ideas about energy and the heart's magnetic field.

So here we both were - being vulnerable - and in that moment a heart bond was formed.

Yes?

We all long for these types of connections. ....and when the bond is broken - there is the pain of loss. Perhaps that's why there are tears in the corners of my eyes.

Thank you guys for responding. :tongue:

Reactions: 5r6jhd
You describe the feeling so well, Kgal! There are some people in life we just connect with instantly, whether we have a relationship with them or meet them in passing. It really is beautifull. :)

You describe the feeling so well, Kgal! There are some people in life we just connect with instantly, whether we have a relationship with them or meet them in passing. It really is beautifull. :)

Yes....it truly is....

[she says with flutterbies in her stomach]

Heart in Hands pic.jpg

Do you ever have physical responses to random encounters?

One of the things I long for is understanding. Because it seems so often what I say and do is disregarded so when someone listens and gets it, I'm not only surprised, but very happy, and yes, I've had many experiences connecting with people. When your eyes connect and you get teary and feel real close with that person. It feels very vulnerable too. I haven't done it in a long time. I'm just not looking to connect with anyone right now. I wish I was. I cry all the time. Not so much from depression, but that too, as with something of beauty or that I feel sympathy and/or empathy for.

One of the things I long for is understanding. Because it seems so often what I say and do is disregarded so when someone listens and gets it, I'm not only surprised, but very happy, and yes, I've had many experiences connecting with people. When your eyes connect and you get teary and feel real close with that person. It feels very vulnerable too. I haven't done it in a long time. I'm just not looking to connect with anyone right now. I wish I was. I cry all the time. Not so much from depression, but that too, as with something of beauty or that I feel sympathy and/or empathy for.

Have you had a brush or brushes with death?

I struggle with depression and lately with thoughts of suicide again. In talking with my counselor yesterday about it I described yet another incident in my life where I almost died. He was astounded at how many times I've been near death. I'm beginning to think it's why I have thoughts about it when life pushes me down. He asked me if I've ever heard that phrase that says something like "God's not done with you yet?' This made me think about life - the energy that animates us and permeates everything. ....The gift of Grace from the Universe.

I wonder when we touch Grace - that grace we sense in another being - that we realize how precious it is. ...That it's beauty sears right in to our soul with a fire that brings a touch of pain?

I consider you quite fortunate to have experienced this kind of connection many times in life. I suspect you will encounter it here again amongst these awesome INFJs.

....just warning you...:w:

Reactions: endersgone
yes, these things happen to me. sometimes i am overpowered by them, bythe feeling and it just overtakes. it hits me inside. and it stirs there, rests there. sometimes i feel my body move with the rhythm of the person, and the moment. and it will be on me for the rest of the day. when i look in the mirror, my eyes look like large glassy green-yellow marbles with a life of their own. and, for me, this is when i am truly living.

Reactions: Quiet and Kgal