Patronizing

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Ever felt like you're intentionally/not patronizing? Too intruding on someone's life? Have you ever been called for this?

Just sharing a personal concern because I sometimes seen myself as one.

You'd be the last person who'd I reject advice from and call Patronizing D: Though, if someone doesn't want it, it is better to just leave them alone. Once they want it again, they'll come back.

You'd be the last person who'd I reject advice from and call Patronizing D: Though, if someone doesn't want it, it is better to just leave them alone. Once they want it again, they'll come back.
I admit the first layer was mostly insecurity of my actions yet again. But I didn't expect sympathy coming. So thanks *hugs*

My intention was to know other perspective, I suppose. Other people would have different experiences. Just like you did; I agreed with what you'd said.

The way I feel it, half of it was a feeling of pushiness; intruding where I'm not supposed to be. Then another idea came; does good intentions matter, or am I paving the proverbial road to hell? Because frankly, being patronized sucks.

I admit the first layer was mostly insecurity of my actions yet again. But I didn't expect sympathy coming. So thanks *hugs*

My intention was to know other perspective, I suppose. Other people would have different experiences. Just like you did; I agreed with what you'd said.

The way I feel it, half of it was a feeling of pushiness; intruding where I'm not supposed to be. Then another idea came; does good intentions matter, or am I paving the proverbial road to hell? Because frankly, being patronized sucks.
Well, are you trying to help someone who has already said they don't value your input, in some way, or someone who needs help but because you are not that close to them, you feel it isn't your place?
Also, what are you saying that you find patronizing? Is someone making constant small annoying mistakes and you feel the need to correct them or fix it for them? I'd say best to leave them alone unless they are interfering in your life/work because of their annoying mistakes. Even if all they do is mess up you house, calling them out is warranted.