Patience | INFJ Forum

Patience

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Do you have it? How much? In what situations are you most AND least patient?

well, I usually have endless patience but sometimes I will have absolutely none.

Reactions: floatingbridge
I would say I have it, but am also striving to develop it more.
My field of study requires it. e.g. stroke rehabilitation, assessing dementia.

I find I can usually listen till someone's mouth drops off, and wait in line because I can people-watch, but can't stand idle chatter or small talk.

Anyway, you may never actually know the difference with me, I probably fidget, frown or look impatient, and even go as far as to deny it, but will rather keep my mouth shut to verbally saying "hurry up!" to you. In dire circumstances, I will feel antsy, so pass off a comment or two, but coolly. All to keep harmony and peace, of course. xD

:m187:

Off tangent, but while patience is a virtue, having impatience and the skill to 'contain' it is a skill as well?

actually the more I think of it, It positively correlates to the amount of energy I have stored and the closeness to the people who I am talking to. For example, if I'm tired but close to that person, I'll still have a lot of patience even though I might not say much. If I'm not close to the person, I'll probably just snap haha. one of my bad habits..

I am very impatient when it comes to waiting for something I really want but when it's about listening to people, it depends. If it's a friend, I can have enormous amount of patience when listening, but sometimes, I can also be less impatient because it is a friend, and I expect them to be more understanding. At work, I can be patient when someone is speaking unless they take advantage and keep going, after which I find myself getting annoyed and I want to say something but don't.

I'm selfishly patient. If it means something to me, if I find it important, if I care about the person...I am very patient. Everything else, not so much.

Honestly, I'm a really patient guy, for the most part. I have my moments. I sometimes get impatient waiting for a new book to come through the mail like a kid waiting to open presents Christmas morning, except I already know what I'm getting, and that's sad, but I generally persevere and realize its just a book and there is no need to get all excited. I do get impatient over impatient people, which is something I'm working on because that's like getting angry at angry people, which I do sometimes too; makes no sense I know, I'm just a little sensitive to other people's emotions at times and they can become my own. Other than that I can wait patiently at doctor's appointments, in the check-out at the grocery store, through traffic, and through my kids' temper tantrums, although last week I lost my cool, which I regret.

I'm patient when I see something good possibly unfolding.

I'm impatient when I'm too busy working on my to-do list.

I'm tolerant. Not especially patient.