Paranormal Debate and/or Debunk thread | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Paranormal Debate and/or Debunk thread

The instances I am speaking of make me think otherwise....(I have told these stories several times, so bear with me)

1.)
My ex-girlfriend and I were house-sitting for her parents a few years back while they were away.
Her former bedroom had been converted into a guest room and we were just going to sleep.
The door was closed, the window was closed, the AC was off, no fans, etc...in the room.
I was on the side of the bed closest to the door and my ex was on the other....in front of the closet next to the door was a rolling hanger rack with a bunch of empty hangers hanging on it...no clothes.
Just as I was beginning to drift off there came a violent crash from the rack....my first thought was my ex had thrown a pillow or something at it for some reason.
I sat up, flipped on the light and saw all the hangers still moving back and forth from whatever hit it.
My ex says “what the fuck was that?” and as I look, there is nothing on the ground.
Nothing was thrown...nada...zip.
We slept elsewhere that night....also there would have been no way for my ex to get up...go around the end of the bed in the dark without me knowing it...hit the hangers...run back and slip into the bed without making it move.
The next morning I tried everything I possibly could to recreate the crash....no dice.
I even checked for earthquakes in the area.
So please explain to me how we both witnessed the exact same hallucination?
You can’t.

2.) This one was only witnessed by me....so believe what you want...but the end result was a broken clock.

I was sleeping at my old apartment when I had this dream that an old woman had come into my home...in the dream, she was a witch...not the green witch with a crooked nose...but somehow I knew she was.
I also knew that she meant me harm....
Next thing I know...(and I never do this) I sit up in my sleep and yell at her in my dream and in reality to “Get the fuck out!!” just as I am waking up.
I had a mantle clock on my dresser...in the back or the dresser...about two feet back.
The clock flies off the dresser and breaks on the ground just as I am waking up and yelling.
So please, once again...explain that one to me.
Nothing else was disturbed, except for the clock.
Hallucinations don’t break things.

The only possibility for either of these besides a ghost or something paranormal, would be some sort of psychokinetic blast from me.

Yes...the thought of inter-dimentional crossovers has been, and is being, explored.
Also...if time is a fluid thing...it is possible that you could be “haunting” yourself.

Your second story gave me chills. That just feels like something horribly bad that you twarted.......chills!!!
[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] I think ghosts are a variety of things...I just had a thought. Perhaps it's a species, we've just don't recognize it because it's so different. But there'd could be different genus in that family as well. If you think about it, many unclassified species have been considered monsters during history, and were only classified as a specific animal/insect/mammal as science/technology progressed...I think it's therefore possible that there's other species out there that we have yet classified or comprehended!

The instances I am speaking of make me think otherwise....(I have told these stories several times, so bear with me)

1.)
My ex-girlfriend and I were house-sitting for her parents a few years back while they were away.
Her former bedroom had been converted into a guest room and we were just going to sleep.
The door was closed, the window was closed, the AC was off, no fans, etc...in the room.
I was on the side of the bed closest to the door and my ex was on the other....in front of the closet next to the door was a rolling hanger rack with a bunch of empty hangers hanging on it...no clothes.
Just as I was beginning to drift off there came a violent crash from the rack....my first thought was my ex had thrown a pillow or something at it for some reason.
I sat up, flipped on the light and saw all the hangers still moving back and forth from whatever hit it.
My ex says “what the fuck was that?” and as I look, there is nothing on the ground.
Nothing was thrown...nada...zip.
We slept elsewhere that night....also there would have been no way for my ex to get up...go around the end of the bed in the dark without me knowing it...hit the hangers...run back and slip into the bed without making it move.
The next morning I tried everything I possibly could to recreate the crash....no dice.
I even checked for earthquakes in the area.
So please explain to me how we both witnessed the exact same hallucination?
You can’t.

2.) This one was only witnessed by me....so believe what you want...but the end result was a broken clock.

I was sleeping at my old apartment when I had this dream that an old woman had come into my home...in the dream, she was a witch...not the green witch with a crooked nose...but somehow I knew she was.
I also knew that she meant me harm....
Next thing I know...(and I never do this) I sit up in my sleep and yell at her in my dream and in reality to “Get the fuck out!!” just as I am waking up.
I had a mantle clock on my dresser...in the back or the dresser...about two feet back.
The clock flies off the dresser and breaks on the ground just as I am waking up and yelling.
So please, once again...explain that one to me.
Nothing else was disturbed, except for the clock.
Hallucinations don’t break things.

The only possibility for either of these besides a ghost or something paranormal, would be some sort of psychokinetic blast from me.

Yes...the thought of inter-dimentional crossovers has been, and is being, explored.
Also...if time is a fluid thing...it is possible that you could be “haunting” yourself.

1) Something falling in the ceiling, hitting a 2x4 support (behind the wall) that the hanger rack was in contact enough with to make it move. Something below that closet...etc. Im sure you will say no, you looked into it etc.

2)You say you sat up in your sleep. The clock had been moved while you were asleep potentially tossing and turning. You hit it or the thing it was one a couple times moving the clock closer to falling off so that when you sat up, it finally fell to the ground or maybe it launched...etc. Again I am sure you will say you looked into it. My last thought, telekinesis.

Check this out. Not a haunting but an event. I wake up one morning. Open my eyes for a while and close them again. Occasionally I have found dream imagery can hang on in this state. When I close my eyes I see an insect like a caterpillar sitting like you might imagine it would sit in an Alice and wonderland story. It is transparent and green, 3 dimensional and in an unbelievable high resolution like you might see in a picture from an electron microscope. I can see hairs on it. It moves its appendages as if trying to show me something. I am also slowly rotating around it in a circular pattern, I never see its backside though other than through it. I cant believe what I am seeing but I don't want to open my eyes for fear it will be lost. Eventually I do open them but when I close them again, its gone.

Potential dream or not, and I dont believe it was, this thing was in such high resolution and did not fade like a dream might...to this day I have no idea what to make of it.

Perhaps it's a species, we've just don't recognize it because it's so different. But there'd could be different genus in that family as well. If you think about it, many unclassified species have been considered monsters during history, and were only classified as a specific animal/insect/mammal as science/technology progressed...I think it's therefore possible that there's other species out there that we have yet classified or comprehended!

Interesting. I am more open to that idea than I am dead people coming back to hang out and push stuff around.

1) Something falling in the ceiling, hitting a 2x4 support (behind the wall) that the hanger rack was in contact enough with to make it move. Something below that closet...etc. Im sure you will say no, you looked into it etc.

2)You say you sat up in your sleep. The clock had been moved while you were asleep potentially tossing and turning. You hit it or the thing it was one a couple times moving the clock closer to falling off so that when you sat up, it finally fell to the ground or maybe it launched...etc. Again I am sure you will say you looked into it. My last thought, telekinesis.

Check this out. Not a haunting but an event. I wake up one morning. Open my eyes for a while and close them again. Occasionally I have found dream imagery can hang on in this state. When I close my eyes I see an insect like a caterpillar sitting like you might imagine it would sit in an Alice and wonderland story. It is transparent and green, 3 dimensional and in an unbelievable high resolution like you might see in a picture from an electron microscope. I can see hairs on it. It moves its appendages as if trying to show me something. I am also slowly rotating around it in a circular pattern, I never see its backside though other than through it. I cant believe what I am seeing but I don't want to open my eyes for fear it will be lost. Eventually I do open them but when I close them again, its gone.

Potential dream or not, and I dont believe it was, this thing was in such high resolution and did not fade like a dream might...to this day I have no idea what to make of it.

Do you ever get migraines?

I get those kind of things when I'm about to get, or coming off of a migraine. I will be in this weird sleep state - not asleep but not awake-, and I get gosseled awake and just for a split second I will see something fly at me (like a spider or a bat), or sometimes I'll see a very vivid black object/person standing in front of me and reaching out for me. It scares the shit out of me... but it's gone in microseconds. I wonder if it was something like that.

Do you ever get migraines?

I get those kind of things when I'm about to get, or coming off of a migraine. I will be in this weird sleep state - not asleep but not awake-, and I get gosseled awake and just for a split second I will see something fly at me (like a spider or a bat), or sometimes I'll see a very vivid black object/person standing in front of me and reaching out for me. It scares the shit out of me... but it's gone in microseconds. I wonder if it was something like that.

Lots of head pressure. Potentially tied into my gluten sensitivity. Sometimes its worse, the pressure has not been really bad for a long while now but when it was, I would see flashes things moving much like you described. This event though, lasted for at least 3 minutes. It did not waver, fade, change or morph like a dream would. It was unbelievable. I dont even know how to classify it. All I can think of is why and how?

Lots of head pressure. Potentially tied into my gluten sensitivity. Sometimes its worse, the pressure has not been really bad for a long while now but when it was, I would see flashes things moving much like you described. This event though, lasted for at least 3 minutes. It did not waver, fade, change or morph like a dream would. It was unbelievable. I dont even know how to classify it. All I can think of is why and how?

Very strange.

I don't like to think there's anything in my current place- because I'm alone and a chicken....but I have to say my closet freaks me out. It makes bangs - big bangs that startle me and my cats awake- and I can't explain why...it happens almost every night between 9-12...nothing is falling, it's not my cats...I don't know what it is. They're sliding doors, made from some kind of hard but pliable cardboard...so I just assume it's them "settling" ...even though I live in a brick apartment building!! My radiator control (hot water heat) is there, maybe it turns on around then, and the change in pressure does it to them?? it freaks me out every time it does it..

Very strange.

I don't like to think there's anything in my current place- because I'm alone and a chicken....but I have to say my closet freaks me out. It makes bangs - big bangs that startle me and my cats awake- and I can't explain why...it happens almost every night between 9-12...nothing is falling, it's not my cats...I don't know what it is. They're sliding doors, made from some kind of hard but pliable cardboard...so I just assume it's them "settling" ...even though I live in a brick apartment building!! My radiator control (hot water heat) is there, maybe it turns on around then, and the change in pressure does it to them?? it freaks me out every time it does it..

My suggestion is to face your fear. Walk up to the closet tell whatever is in it to stop being a coward and show itself. Mean it when you say it.

My guess is you will call me crazy. Fear, and as a result whatever you think lives in your closet, only exists in your mind. Think about it. Why would something reside IN your closet and not in the center of your room or even the left corner? Its IN your closet because your mind imagines what it cant see behind those doors.

Call it out and watch it disappear. Oh and for anyone else wanting to tell me I am wrong about this. I have no doubt you can feed its existence if you really want.

My suggestion is to face your fear. Walk up to the closet tell whatever is in it to stop being a coward and show itself. Mean it when you say it.

My guess is you will call me crazy. Fear, and as a result whatever you think lives in your closet, only exists in your mind. Think about it. Why would something reside IN your closet and not in the center of your room or even the left corner? Its IN your closet because your mind imagines what it cant see behind those doors.

Call it out and watch it disappear. Oh and for anyone else wanting to tell me I am wrong about this. I have no doubt you can feed its existence if you really want.

Oh- I've lived with it for the last 2 years! I'm guessing there's a reasonable reason why it does it- but it's still freaky! I've looked in my closet when it's done it - thinking there was someone hidden! But nothing ever! If it happened a few years ago though- I would have been too scared to sleep in my room!! Also, I figure if my cats aren't freaked out- I'm probably ok...*knock on wood*

Rolling hanger rack....ROLLING....as in....not connected to anything. It was sitting in front of the closet...but not in it or connected to it...the closet was closed and had mirrored doors...they totally would have broken if it were something inside to bring that much force...sorry no dice still.

As for the clock....on the other side of the room completely dude....not even touching the bed whatsoever....besides, there were other things in front of it on the dresser.
This was also a long, heavy, solid dresser...not a tall wobbly one.

Rolling hanger rack....ROLLING....as in....not connected to anything. It was sitting in front of the closet...but not in it or connected to it...the closet was closed and had mirrored doors...they totally would have broken if it were something inside to bring that much force...sorry no dice still.

As for the clock....on the other side of the room completely dude....not even touching the bed whatsoever....besides, there were other things in front of it on the dresser.
This was also a long, heavy, solid dresser...not a tall wobbly one.

Ok you have thought about it and the only answer for you is a paranormal one. That pretty much is the end of the story then.

Last edited:
Oh- I've lived with it for the last 2 years! I'm guessing there's a reasonable reason why it does it- but it's still freaky! I've looked in my closet when it's done it - thinking there was someone hidden! But nothing ever! If it happened a few years ago though- I would have been too scared to sleep in my room!! Also, I figure if my cats aren't freaked out- I'm probably ok...*knock on wood*

A duct behind the wall shaking? If you really believe there is some intelligence behind it, confront it.