Oscar-winner "Parasite" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Oscar-winner "Parasite"

There are also scenes in Parasite that just stay with you.

I'm thinking in particular of the scene where the father is hiding under the table and hears the other man tells his wife about the smell... it was powerful.

I didn’t, actually, I just wanted a more critical movie recommendation to be honest ;)

I didn't really mean arguing with you personally, it's just that any recommendations to the contrary I make will be met with counterpoints, and I don't care (in the context of this thread) cuz it's my personal opinion

I'm thinking in particular of the scene where the father is hiding under the table and hears the other man tells his wife about the smell... it was powerful.

The scene that stayed with me the most was the one where the father was walking up the stairs while the lights were turning on.
There's so many motifs and nods to things going on there, it really struck me.

I also like the scene where they are all eating in the house and there is this underlying tension that they could all tear each other apart at any moment.

That's true but the beats and notes of Parasite were more seamless. The transition was also pretty good. Snowpiercer was spotty at some points.

I agree, that's one of my main complaints about it. It's also a bit too cartoony but I kind of enjoy that aesthetic, I just feel like they should have gone more one direction or the other instead of playing a funky mid ground with it

Reactions: mintoots and Ren

Probably extremely predictable, but a few moments before the plot twist at the end, may be my favorite ones.
That moment when the viewers knew all would go down the drain, mainly at the part where the father looks up and hesitates before killing the boss. For me, that moment was critic, it’s like a realization to him but also to the people who are watching, since every piece o tension seems to explode by that time. The construction of the scene is also... ah... fantastic.

That part where he clinched his nose to get his car keys. That was crazy.

I also liked the small bits.

The detail of the toilet having to be above means they're living like rats lower than shit (the septic tank)

That wifi has to be "above" symbolizes access to amenities and how it's scarce for people living in the shit holes.

Reactions: Wyote and Ren
As a result I found the ending a bit lazy,
Yes several symbolisms were over reaching. The characters in Snowpiercer also felt redundant whereas in parasite, everyone including the dude who pees at their window possesses a powerful symbolism to them.

It is thought provoking. We think we live in class-less societies owing to democracy but that's just not true. Humans seem hardwired to place order in societies by putting people in the shoe category.

Reactions: Wyote and Ren