Oscar-winner "Parasite"

Vendrah

Community Member
Oct 24, 2019
MBTI
NP
Enneagram
95[7]2
So, anybody watched that movie? Thoughts?

Its not my kind of movie, but I cant say it was bad. It was deep.

Reactions: mintoots and Ren
It was alright. Not that deep. Snowpiercer was better.
thumb_bong-joon-ho-making-his-oscars-kiss-69224022.png

Reactions: mintoots and Ren
So, anybody watched that movie? Thoughts?

Its not my kind of movie, but I cant say it was bad. It was deep.

Yup, I've watched it and I strongly believe it deserves the hype. One of Bong Jonho's best screenplays.
Wether it was deep or not, I think it depends on the inferences you make. Jonho's movies tend to leave you with your thoughts about the implicit meanings, so regarding the whole social concept and critic I think it was a fantastic way of presenting it, alongside the whole "parasite" connotation.

giphy.gif

It was alright. Not that deep.

Wut.

Yup, I've watched it and I strongly believe it deserves the hype. One of Bong Jonho's best screenplays.
Wether it was deep or not, I think it depends on the inferences you make. Jonho's movies tend to leave you with your thoughts about the implicit meanings, so regarding the whole social concept and critic I think it was a fantastic way of presenting it, alongside the whole "parasite" connotation.

I agree. It was great. Personally I found it very subtle and profound.

Best film I saw in 2019. (Yeah, it came out a little early in France.)

That's why I like the internet. Where I live the movie hasn't even come out on the cinema! I wish I hadn't taken so long to watch it, although it just came out, it's recent, I guess.
I'm still hoping for more original storylines like this one, hope 2020 can be saved with some really worthy movies hahaha I guess I've lost faith on the movie industry, a little, ya know? But watching Parasite made me regain it

Wut.

Wut yourself! I have HIGH standards OK!

I think you so need to recommend me something then hahaha

giphy.gif

I'm not really here to argue. I'm happy people find deep meaning in Parasite and I can certainly see why they do.
It just didn't inspire those same feelings in me, for several reasons.
I did enjoy it quite thoroughly though, don't get me wrong here.

Reactions: Asa and mintoots
Wut yourself! I have HIGH standards OK!
Lol what's your favorite movie?

Snowpiercer they say was also very good. You know what? I'm goig to watch that one today.

Reactions: Wyote
Lol what's your favorite movie?

Snowpiercer they say was also very good. You know what? I'm goig to watch that one today.

The Matrix, of course!
Snowpiercer is pretty cool. It also deals with classism, though in a more artsy fartsy kinda way.

Reactions: mintoots
The Matrix, of course!
Snowpiercer is pretty cool. It also deals with classism, though in a more artsy fartsy kinda way.
Ah that shows taste, Wy. You like the philo stuff related to awesome scenarios. Parasite won't fall into your fave list

Reactions: Wyote
Ah that shows taste, Wy. You like the philo stuff related to awesome scenarios. Parasite won't fall into your fave list

Yea, it's pretty great as I said, just not top tier for me personally

Reactions: mintoots
I'm not really here to argue. I'm happy people find deep meaning in Parasite and I can certainly see why they do.
It just didn't inspire those same feelings in me, for several reasons.
I did enjoy it quite thoroughly though, don't get me wrong here.

I didn’t, actually, I just wanted a more critical movie recommendation to be honest ;)

I had been meaning to write a substantial review but I ended up binge-watching Snow piercer, The Flu (Gamgi), and Contagion instead.

Snowpiercer is also by Bong Joon Ho but I no doubt like Parasite better. This is because Parasite is realistic and relatable while Snowpiercer while equally philosophical had too much action going for it to be entirely believable. I like the concept, though -I do- but Parasite struck me in a different way.

Both movies tackle issues on socio economical stratification but the way Parasite had me rooting first for everyone and then for no one at all stirred quite some doubts within me. It made me rethink the values of the world.

I'm still not writing anything substantial. Until then.

Snowpiercer is also by Bong Joon Ho but I no doubt like Parasite better. This is because Parasite is realistic and relatable while Snowpiercer while equally philosophical had too much action going for it to be entirely believable. I like the concept, though -I do- but Parasite struck me in a different way.

I preferred Parasite as well. Snowpiercer is aesthetically wonderful, though.

I didn’t, actually, I just wanted a more critical movie recommendation to be honest ;)

Winter Sleep!
The Tree of Life!
The Master!
A Separation!
Blue is the Warmest Colour!

Here you go, five recommendations :D

I preferred Parasite as well. Snowpiercer is aesthetically wonderful, though.
That's true but the beats and notes of Parasite were more seamless. The transition was also pretty good. Snowpiercer was spotty at some points.

Reactions: Wyote and Ren
That's true but the beats and notes of Parasite were more seamless. The transition was also pretty good. Snowpiercer was spotty at some points.

Yes, it was.

Also, the whole "God complex" thing felt a bit tired, especially as Ed Harris had already played that role in the Truman Show.

As a result I found the ending a bit lazy, whereas the ending of Parasite was unexpected, troubling and thought-provoking.

Reactions: mintoots and Wyote