Opera and Jazz | INFJ Forum

Opera and Jazz

Discussion in 'Art, Entertainment, and Media' started by Shai Gar, Aug 26, 2008.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Shai Gar
  1. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

I know that a stereotype of my type is to like ICP and The Cat Empire, and heavy metal, and karaoke, and all sorts of weird music... and I do.

But more than any of that I love to just sit down and listen to live jazz, or watch an opera. It's soothing, or amusing. What operas do you like? What are your tastes with this?

2. Entyqua

Entyqua Forgotten
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INF
    Enneagram:
    messed up
    I LOVE JAZZ MUSIC!! I could just get lost in jazz! I love dancing to it I love singing it! ( alone of course!! )

I love opera but i have to admit I am very uncultured when it comes to opera I dont know anything about it other than I love the way it sounds I have never been able to dig much deeper than that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. littlesapling

Threads:
    i've had random daydreams of being a violinist at a grand symphony or a ... sweet, hushed, low-key jazz pianist... yes... i love jazz and blues and i think it's a nice change that an entp would too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ssrprotege

ssrprotege Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    out of touch
    I also daydreamed being a conductor. Imagining me conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker was pretty great. lol

Do you like Albert Ayler? I love his New Grass. Operas I don't know much, but I know very well about the notorious nine tenor C's in La fille du regiment by Donizetti. Pavarotti sang it quite beautifullly.

5. Mannit

Mannit Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I love love love love love love love love love The Cat Empire.

6. Motor Jax

Motor Jax randomness included
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Random
    i love ICP also...

the opera that i love is Phantom of the Opera... i have the 1984 cassette tapes that i love listening to...

there is a part on the cassettes where there is a heart-piercing scream that tingles up and down my spine and makes me close my eyes in ecstacy... but when they made the movie in 2004 (?), they eliminated that part... i was stifed when they did that...

oh, and i don't know much jazz... but i can dig the Blues... i love the blues...

7. OP
    Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

... now i need to combine mannix and mojax in aria giovanni's body.

IGOR!!!! TO THE LIGHTNING RODS!!!!

8. Eric86

Eric86 Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1 sp/so
    I prefer jazz that is closer to free-jazz, and fusion as well.