OoSG Marriage Ritual | INFJ Forum

OoSG Marriage Ritual

S

Shai Gar

http://wiki.shaigar.com/wiki/The_Ways_of_Shai_Gar#Marriage

Reading of the Contract in Full to the Assembled Witnesses

LoSG: "Adepts, who walk in the Shadows of Ignorance and Stupidity, seeking your own path to Knowledge and Wisdom, Are you here of your own Will, Lust and Choice?"
Adept Response: "I am."

LoSG: "Adepts, who walk in the Darkness of Chaos and Fallibility, seeking your own path to Perfection, Are you here with Determination, Passion and Love?"

LoSG: "Are you happy with your partner, for their ambitions, personality and taste?"

LoSG: "Do you lust for your partner, for their body, sexuality and play?"
Adept Response: "I do."

LoSG: "Will you accept your partner, for their intelligence, studies and self-control?"
Adept Response: "I will."

LoSG: "Will you be bound by the Marriage Contract you have drawn up between yourselves?"

LoSG: "Will you abide by the penalty and escape clauses as stipulated within?"

LoSG: "Will you act as witnesses to the contract, and union of this partnership?"
Assembled Witnesses Response: "I Will."'

Signing of the Contract by Partners
Signing of the Contract by Assembled Witnesses
Signing of the Contract by Lord of Shai Gar

LoSG: "Thus are you joined; in Yourselves, in the Eyes of The World, and in the Law."
LoSG: "Live your lives as you see fit, remembering always that you are bound to yourself and your agreement."

What do you think?

What happens when someone responds 'I don't' especially here:

Penalty and escape clauses? Sounds sneaky. Explain.

What happens when someone responds 'I don't' especially here:
Then you would not be married.

Penalty and escape clauses? Sounds sneaky. Explain.
All good contracts write up penalty clauses for if one party breaks contract. That's what this is, also, writing in an escape clause means that one or both parties can seek to end the marriage in a predetermined way. This ends possibilities for nasty divorces.

Especially good contracts might write in financial pre-nuptials, and what to do with resultant pets or children.

All good contracts write up penalty clauses for if one party breaks contract. That's what this is, also, writing in an escape clause means that one or both parties can seek to end the marriage in a predetermined way. This ends possibilities for nasty divorces.

Especially good contracts might write in financial pre-nuptials, and what to do with resultant pets or children.

I get the concept, I just thought you might have already had detailed "penalty and escape clause" templates to be built-in. I guess they would have to be case-specific, though.

The religion is person to person. It makes sense that the unique relationships have unique contracts.

Yeah, unless you're me :(

I couldn't get married under this doctrone.

Uh, yeah.....

A Song is sung, or played, while the participants gather before the Lord of Shai Gar

Reading of the Contract in Full to the Assembled Witnesses

A Song is played, or sung

LoSG: "Adepts, who walk in the Shadows of Ignorance and Stupidity, seeking your own path to Knowledge and Wisdom, Are you here of your own Will, Lust and Choice?"

LoSG: "Adepts, who walk in the Darkness of Chaos and Fallibility, seeking your own path to Perfection, Are you here with Determination, Passion and Love?"

LoSG: "Are you happy with your partner, for their ambitions, personality and taste?"
Adept Response: "I am happy with my partners ambitions, personality and taste."
Adept Response: "I lust for my partner, for their body, for their sexuality and play."
LoSG: "Will you accept your partner, for their intelligence, studies and self-control?"
Adept Response: "I accept my partner, for their intelligence, studies and self-control."

LoSG: "Will you be bound by the Marriage Contract you have drawn up between yourselves?"

LoSG: "Will you abide by the penalty and escape clauses as stipulated within?"

LoSG: "Will you act as witnesses to the contract, and union of this partnership?"
Assembled Witnesses Response: "I Will."'

A Song is played, or sung

Signing of the Contract by Partners
Signing of the Contract by Assembled Witnesses
Signing of the Contract by Lord of Shai Gar

LoSG: "Thus are you joined; in Yourselves, in the Eyes of The World, and in the Law."
LoSG: "Live your lives as you see fit, remembering always that you are bound to yourself and your agreement."

LoSG: "You may kiss."
Kiss

-Ceremony is at an end-

Adept Response: "I lust for my partner, for their body, for their sexuality and play."

About asexual people using this ceremony...

If we interpret "I lust" as "I like" or "I approve"
and
"I lust for their body" as "I find your physical appearance satisfactory to my aesthetic standards."
and
"I lust for their sexuality" as "I like your asexuality"....

(because asexuality is still technically a kind of sexuality despite it not including what is commonly considered "sexual")

So,if two asexuals accept each others sexuality(or lack of there of) or the hetero/homo/bisexual person in the relationship approves of the other partners asexuality can they still get married?

Members of the order are encouraged to use argument to interpret the words of the order.

I'd accept that.

Show me the wedding ceremony with flames, sacrificing of animals, blood fountains and loud metal music and I'll be there. Might even fancy that as romantic.