Oorts Cloud - A universal conspiracy? | INFJ Forum

Oorts Cloud - A universal conspiracy?

S

Shai Gar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oorts_Cloud (wrote the uri from memory, if it doesn't work, google it)

Does anybody else believe that there's a giant conspiracy from all the other species in the universe to keep humans on earth away from everyone else, since we've shown little else but contempt for anything different, and violent reactions towards?

A sort of universal prison... It could be there to keep Xenu in, until I am powerful enough to turn the cloud into hydrogen vapour with my psychic blasts...(muahahaha, noone will stop the re-re-re-emergance of Xenu)

Seriously though... seems awfully like a prison, not even Captain Solo flying a death star could get us out of that thing.

I've actually been wondering why all these various nations on Earth have been opening up their UFO files over the last few years. In a way, it feels like we are slowly being prepared for something.

:lol:

I'll take this into account, but I am inclined to be more skeptical than I usually am.

We had a UFO fly over us in Iraq, the whole FOB saw it, big triangular craft, noisy as fuck. The Air Force liaison didn't know who or what it was, and we were air status red (weather so bad no one could fly). We kept in regular tower contact, and our time never deviated from the other FOBs on the network, so we just declared it to be the first Alien/Airborne Infantry encounter in recorded history, donned the Foil caps and underwear the cooks passed out to those who asked as PPE (personnel protective equipment) and went the rest of the night normally.... as normal as guards walking around in foil pointed caps and underwear can.

I suspect the air force uses them for something, and someone was bored and decided to play games with us to see if we would panic. All fun and games, and higher command didn't seem too interested in it.

"We either caught something shortly after an event like two planets crashing together or alien intelligence," said Dr. Gerald Harp, senior scientist at the SETI Institute in Mountain View, California, referring to the baffling light variations seen in the Kepler star KIC 8462852.

And he and a team from the Institute are working hard at this moment to determine which of the two it is.
Beginning last Friday (Oct. 16), the Institute's Allen Telescope Array (ATA) was taken off its normal survey schedule and instead focused on Star KIC 8462852, one of the 150,000-plus stars studied by NASA's Kepler Mission to detect Earth-sized exoplanets orbiting distant stars.. The array of 42 dishes comprises a fully automated system that can run day and night, alerting staff whenever an unusual or interesting signal has been detected.
A swarm of comets has been proposed to explain the erratic and non-repeating light variations seen in the star located nearly 1,500 light years from Earth in the constellation Cygnus the Swan. But no one really seems satisfied with the explanation, and the chances that we'd catch a huge event like a comet breakup or planetary collision in the short time the star has been under observation seems unlikely. Collisions also generate dust. Warmed by the star, that dust would glow in infrared light, but none beyond what's expected has been detected.The ATA picks up radio frequencies in the microwave range from 1-10 gigahertz. For comparison, your kitchen microwave oven produces microwaves at around 2 gigahertz. Although Harp couldn't reveal the team's results yet—that will come soon when a paper is submitted in few weeks in a science journal—he did share the excitement of a the hunt in a phone interview Tuesday.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIC_8462852

cool

249110d1247623245-ml-spare-wheel-carrier-holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg