Online dating tip male INFJers might find useful | INFJ Forum

Online dating tip male INFJers might find useful

NoWhereMan

Mar 28, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
I sometimes peruse online dating sites especially when I'd like to meet people not local during my travels, so I tend to have this cycle of joining, then canceling my account, then joining, then canceling my account then, well you get the idea.

The last time I just got too lazy to even bother writing a profile, so I'd just sign up, check for matches and email whoever I found interesting. I was amazed by how often women replied, even though I had no pics or any content on my profile whatsoever (except age and height I believe.) Zippo. Nada. In fact the response rate was nearly 100%.

I think whereas before my profile was pretty detailed, this time around I was a total MYSTERY to the women I contacted. And women LOVE mysteries. :D I've met some really nice ladies this way, and overall the experience of online dating has been MUCH, MUCH less aggravating as a result.

So it turns out the best profile I could ever write to garner the most interest is to have no profile at all. :D

The only downside is that you have to seek out the matches that interest you, which if you're a guy is pretty much what you have to do anyway. My usual approach is to email an interest expressing how I liked their profile and offer details about myself (and photos), and if she's interested I'd love to hear from her, etc.

I should note that I often do keyword searches for matches using the keyword "introvert," so it probably helps that the matches I contact are already introverts like me, and hence more likely to engage in email conversations.

Hope this helps!

I remember this one time, when people actually MET IN PERSON! Fuck online dating. It can go die in a fire!