On race, Floyd and the Bible

skippy64

Community Member
Nov 2, 2011
MBTI
-
Enneagram
-
I realize not everyone would go for this point of view, but the worldview view I’m referring to is a biblical one regarding race. You see, we’re all one race. Everyone traces their ancestry to Adam and Eve in the garden. If it were not so, we came from hominids which are a hybrid of apes and man. The evolutionary perspective is that race(s) exist and therefore people groups have their own genesis. If we all have our ancestry in the Adamic, in a sense we are all one color. There is something like 16 different shades of skin but it all contains melanin. In a sense Adam and Eve when in the garden were the most pure of the human race, as they had all the dna coding to make up all the variation we see today! But they didn’t keep God’s only command and through their sin all humanity begets death.

Now when George Floyd was killed most everyone could tell by the video that it was some degree of murder but of what type is debated. But why are people so quick to jump to the motive and make hysteria over racism? When the black lives matter movement calls for the reform of the police department they’re not calling for new laws or regulations they’re talking about the condition of the heart. And even if the cop’s motive involved racism, we’re going to reform the police by defunding them? It sounds like a parent issuing negative reenforcement, and if they obey their Marxist rhetoric they can be restored.

Note: black lives matter does not represent the ideology of all black people because it’s an organization.

PS: unless of course their representatives believe that outsiders who don’t stand with them, black individuals who share different views, are really not black, then the argument really crumbles apart at that point.

well, I'm not sure what your point here is. . George Floyd was murdered by a racist cop in a racist police department, while three racist cops did nothing. Black lives matter because they are seen as worthless by the police across this country. police agencies have been over funded for decades, buying up military weapons and machinery. . money that could go to the homeless, drug rehab, youth programs, education, etc. police departments are completely out of control, not even following the articles of the Geneva convention regarding human rights during conflict. they act as an occupying force, above the laws of the .land that they are supposed to protect and serve. Black people are being killed and not given the same rights as white folks in encounters with law enforcement. .
If we are looking for biblical reference here. . see the words of Jesus on this issue. . how we are to treat each other. .

well, I'm not sure what your point here is. . George Floyd was murdered by a racist cop in a racist police department, while three racist cops did nothing. Black lives matter because they are seen as worthless by the police across this country. police agencies have been over funded for decades, buying up military weapons and machinery. . money that could go to the homeless, drug rehab, youth programs, education, etc. police departments are completely out of control, not even following the articles of the Geneva convention regarding human rights during conflict. they act as an occupying force, above the laws of the .land that they are supposed to protect and serve. Black people are being killed and not given the same rights as white folks in encounters with law enforcement. .
If we are looking for biblical reference here. . see the words of Jesus on this issue. . how we are to treat each other. .
I’m not aware of police disregarding the Geneva convention. I’m wondering if this is referring to riot control and the use of tear gas when Trump did the St. John’s church photo op. Tear gas is banned from war, but not banned for use by law enforcement internationally.

Now one thing I’ve heard on this matter (going back to the cops handling of Floyd) is that people in general can go without breathing for 30 minutes and live, but Floyd’s death may have resulted from potential intoxicants being a factor. Yes, murder is murder, and the cop didn’t need to chokehold the man when he was already restrained, but I’m not going to say I know exactly his thoughts and motives as well as the two passive cops.

Jesus did have much to teach us about how to treat one another.

When he had left the crowd and entered the house, His disciples questioned Him about the parable. And He said to them, “Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.) And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”

— Mark 7:17-23

Balancing the funding of local police departments with other social services is not Marxism.

It's rudimentary civics.

Drumpf is tweeting out against it, so we know it's actually a good idea

I really dislike his personality and character. He's a deeply disturbed man and I'm tired of his antics.

I was tired of his antics after the first season of the apprentice
giphy.gif