On Movie Classification | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

On Movie Classification

I ask that alot.

Whatever, you guys know you can't get enough of me. Go ahead... admit it. It'll feel so much better to let that burden off of your shoulders. I actually have nothing of value to add. But that's never stopped me. I'm just trying to make it to 1000.

I hate the rating system. It is not a good indicator of content that is in movies, and limits movies to some extent. Some movies are not true to the script because of a possible NC-17 classification (or beyond).

I hope that was a category; it has been a while since I looked at movie categories.

I won't swim in the ocean (in other parts of Australia anyway), or even get into a pool (unless it's daylight and there are others in there first), because of my fear of the unseen sharks.
I know different. (You posted pictures.)

The first game that I ever played that had nudity in it was Gals Panic. I was in Italy and we went to an arcade. I must of spent like $10 in quarters playing that game.

My first violence arcade game was Mortal Kombat.

i'm very (very) sadistic on games like GTA 3 and RPG's...

those war games (SOCOM, Battlefield 2, Conflict: Global Terror, etc) has also taught me strategy and primary sniper positions...

... but RL is much, much easier to empathize with...

I know different. (You posted pictures.)

I posted pictures of me in a crocodile tank, with another person. In that instance I knew specifically how many of them there were, where they were and I had a perspex cage built to be geometrically impossible for a crocodile to break open.

Also, I had a meatshield in the form of Katie. I'd have punched her in the neck and swum to safety.

Also, I'm not scared of crocodiles in an irrational manner.

... but RL is much, much easier to empathize with...
Empathise with yes, but don't you still find that you're walking down the street and you see a fantastic sniper position and a bunch of morons you hate, or retards coming towards you and a good spot for an IED?

Empathise with yes, but don't you still find that you're walking down the street and you see a fantastic sniper position and a bunch of morons you hate, or retards coming towards you and a good spot for an IED?

oh, all the friggin' time... :D

After reading Josh Keyes book about his Desertion of the USArmy, I've discovered a fairly intelligent and basic rule. When placing an explosive device, for maximum effect, put it above the head. That way when it explodes, it'll not have to worry about such effects as "Flesh Shield".

It's made my imagination more creative when using public transportation.

What gets me about the new ratings -- and I'm obviously not a parent -- is the way some video stores are taking it upon themselves to begin to describe the movie for you. For example, something I rented a few weeks ago had "fleeting violence, moderate scariness, one sexual encounter, persistent drug/alcohol use, and about 26 profanities". Where's the fun in watching the movie now that they've sold me the script? :)

I know I'm meandering from the original poster's intent, but just tonight I rented Milk, and the video box informs me of the following:

"Sexually related dialogue, sexual encounters, a male's bare butt is seen(!), drinking, smoking, marijuana, someone commits suicide off-screen, shootings, beatings."

Jesus H. Come-on! Who are you kidding with that? Like this helps anyone parent! Grrrr

"Oh our little Johnny can see female butts, but not male butts . . . marijuana's okay, but not drinkings . . . shootings are in, beatings are out."