Oil Spill | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Oil Spill

I don't have anything constructive to say about this other than I am so deeply sad and angered and helpless feeling...

I got my hair cut and donated the length of it to go to making a mat that will soak up the oil though I hear they're not actually going to use those now because BP just wants to pump more chemicals into the ocean to "clean" up. (Not saying that the mats would fix everything, but it seems....a little helpful.)

Exactly my thoughts, how long will it take for humanity to frigging wake up?. We are severely damaging the ecosystems of this planet, its going to take the near extinction of 90% of the world's species for humans to realize the cause of their actions. I was very pissed when I heard this oil spill is happening in the middle of the breeding season of a critically endangered species of sea turtles. Turtles, Dolphins, Pelicans, you name it..innocent creatures are dying from this and yet we seem so ''cool'' about it. It really gets me pissed.

I am hoping that humanity is collectively wise enough to understand that we are at a pivotal point in our existence and that now is the time to start reevaluating and changing our adapting strategies..
because they're clearly not working. I hope this will be a wake up call...
We really have no choice. If we stay on this course of being "cool" we will eventually kill ourselves off along with the other species we're taking out.

Last edited:
I'm not sure nuclear is as cheap as they claim it is. You have the cost to build the station, run it, maintain it and dispose of the waste, but the cost you never hear about in the media is the cost of decommissioning a power station. It costs

Last edited: