Ohhh, Rupert...

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think he has a snowball's chance. But it's scary because he wants to try it:

Rupert Murdoch says he will remove stories from Google's search index as a way to encourage people to pay for content online.

In an interview with Sky News Australia, the mogul said that newspapers in his media empire

Ah, jeeze, Arby, I thought at first Rupert was your new boyfriend. LOL! As in "Ohhhh, Rupert don't start that again. Oh, okay, then if you insist..."

Hehehe.

Yeah, well, I hope he does not succeed.

If that manages to go over he will assassinated in five minutes.

You know that might end up loosing a lot of bidness.

A lot of people watch their news online then pay.

Ah, jeeze, Arby, I thought at first Rupert was your new boyfriend. LOL! As in "Ohhhh, Rupert don't start that again. Oh, okay, then if you insist..."

Hehehe.

Yeah, well, I hope he does not succeed.

ROFL!! AH, well. When/if I do get a new boyfriend, y'all will probably be one of the first to hear it. :D

A correction is needed. Print journalism is in flux. Is this an opportunity for less corporate control over news story content and "framing " of the issues or more?

His actions are dispicable

I agree with him.

Did google pay for those journalists to fly overseas and report that information?
Does google pay for the news helicopters, the many many expenses and so on?
Do the users of google news pay for the salaries of the journalists who write this?

I say this ought to happen.

Someone will Syndicate Blog News...
Shit, it could be me, I could use the framework I developed for the Intelligence Agency when I was eighteen years old and ran my own news agency.

I'd need two other ENTPs and a whole slew of blog writers.

Can I write a sarcastic advice "column" or "whore-o-scopes" instead of reporting actual news? Make it like paper print and keep things balance, I say.

I agree with him.

Did google pay for those journalists to fly overseas and report that information?
Does google pay for the news helicopters, the many many expenses and so on?
Do the users of google news pay for the salaries of the journalists who write this?

I say this ought to happen.

Someone will Syndicate Blog News...
Shit, it could be me, I could use the framework I developed for the Intelligence Agency when I was eighteen years old and ran my own news agency.

I hate this, though. It says that freedom of information isn't really free - you have to pay for it. And if you're paying for information, is it free at all? I guess we're all stuck with the idea that knowledge is known to a few, and those few choose to share it whatever way they wish.

And this is the reason why I really, really want to finish my MLS degree. I believe in freedom of information, good, bad, or indifferent. And I believe everyone should have access to it.

The journalists don't have to report on the news, but they report it because they want people to hear the truth (at least the ethical ones do). It's the corporations who pay them, however, and the corporations who water the news.

*Holds fist up*

Viva Zapata!

This is a argument of control. People trying to control the information. The internet is too big to control. This is why it is so difficult to put regulations on it. Once something is out there how can you stop it. You can't control thoughts. I think this is as it should be.

I was hoping for a story about Rupert the Bear.