Obama:The Greatest US President in Living Memory | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Obama:The Greatest US President in Living Memory

It's important to note, only a small percentage of Americans use health insurance plans provided by the 2010 ACA.

HHS states, 20 million people have enrolled in Obamacare since 2010, but there are about 319 million people in the U.S.

This means, less than seven percent of Americans use Obamacare. The rest of the U.S. population is covered by their employer, Medicaid or Medi-Cal or by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
http://www.abc10.com/news/local/cal...e-affected-by-obamacare-price-hikes/341809982

"Insurance companies like to blame everyone but themselves," Balber said. "There are many things they can change."

Firstly, Medicaid is directly affected by the ACA, the expansion by medicaid was supposed to be nationwide, and would have been a stepping stone for a single payer option should people want it - the obstructive Congress has done all they can to dismantle the plan and in fact the single payer option was removed by insistence of Republicans...yet, instead of amending it they are going to drop sick and disabled, poor people into no healthcare.
Yes...20 million...such a small number, maybe we can bury them all in your backyard...it’s such a small number I’m sure they’ll all fit.
What a ridiculous argument.
20 million people are still going to get royally fucked over...again, just like the Reagan admin started to do with Disability...they began to blindly drop people until the deaths and suicides began to be on the news every night, then Reagan backed off - we learn nothing, we should try to avoid something like that at all costs.
It should be replace and THEN repealed if in fact they are going to repeal it - otherwise, I don’t see how anyone who dare calls themselves a good Christian like yourself could turn your back on the most poor and vulnerable because the law wasn’t amended to save you more money.
It should be amended, there should be strict limits placed on all those who make money off of the sick and dying...but it’s all deregulate...yes, it was the laws protecting people that were raising your prices so lets deregulate that...I mean, they are already working to deregulate the Dodd-Frank bill trying to reign in the banks after they ruined our economy...why?
Why would you deregulate that Mr. Swamp drainer?
To make more money for him and his cronies.
We have more than enough money to help those 20 million Americans if indeed it is only 7%...Trump is proposing doubling our aircraft carriers and destroyers, but we can’t pay basic healthcare for the poor?
Because that is who will be the hardest hit by this, women, children, the elderly, the disabled...those who can barely afford the roof over their head much less healthcare premiums.
We should be ashamed.

The problem is not what the ACA intended to do (expand health insurance), but what it failed to do: Control costs.
https://informationstation.org/kitc...-nationwide/?gclid=CNDtnI-tsdECFZE6gQodLdwKVg

Preliminary data shows that roughly 5.6 million people paid a tax penalty instead of buying health insurance in 2015.

The budget balloon turns into a party battleground. Maybe we need not have parties fight each other.
If I help the government for 40 years any way I can, I can't even remember who the President was when certain things happened.

Yes...because our Congress is in bed with the healthcare industry.
It should be illegal...like war-profiteering.
They (insurance, hospitals, big pharma, medical device makers, Doctors) have a nice cushy system that only sees profits going up up up.
The single payer portion was torpedoed by them, not the ACA, if you want to be angry at why your prices are the way they are blame that group...don’t demonize the poor and disabled by trying to minimize 20 million people into 7%.

" Preliminary data shows that roughly 5.6 million people paid a tax penalty instead of buying health insurance in 2015.”
^^^Which is a huge part of the reason it hasn’t worked properly.^^^
(Also, wasn’t it you that just argued that 20 million people made up only a small percentage of people? Now you are inferring that 5.6 million is some kind of general consensus or large percentage which is false)

So the Rep. plan is to go back to what we had previously? That wasn’t working either man.
Meanwhile, Trump is now saying US taxpayers are going to initially foot the bill for “The Wall” and Mexico will reimburse us (waste of taxpayer money)...uh-huh...yep...just like your taxes being released, your blind trust, the "draining of the swamp” as he picks a bunch of old white men who live in the swamp (anyone of some diversity would be nice and a bit more representative of our nation, and Ben Carson is about the whitest black man he could have tapped), men who helped make the swamp, who still benefit from the swamp, to be his advisors.
All most every single one is a walking, talking, conflict of interest, including Mr. Trump.
And aren’t the Republicans just giddy to destroy as many parts of the social safety net as possible.

We pay the most in the world for our healthcare...and are only ranked about 37th in terms of quality and outcome.
So I’m pretty sure, it isn’t the ACA that did that.
This is why regulation is necessary for certain things, because those who can charge whatever they want, WILL charge whatever they want, if they think that treatment to save your life costs too much, then they will let you die (something the ACA tries to fix), it’s capitalism out of control and like I said, no different than war-profiteering...people are sick and dying and they are gouged at their most vulnerable.

The number one reason for bankruptcies in the US is still medical bills.
That is ridiculous.
Blaming the ACA, or the poor for the greed of the unregulated industry is a red herring.

Last edited:
Reactions: brightmoon and acd
@CindyLou
There are Medicare/Medicaid cost-sharing programs they are called.
Where Medicare pays first, then Medicaid pays the rest, like co-pays, premiums, etc. (at least they exist so far...not so sure for how long if they destroy the ACA and make Medicaid block grants to states, but it’s still there for at least a little while, hopefully a long time)
You could theoretically pay nothing except prescriptions, which are reduced to under $10 if not more...there were three tiers you could pay based on the medication...it was like $2.50, $4.50, and $8.50 for the name brand non-generic stuff.
Just as an example not advertising one over the other (the dual-complete plan) - https://www.unitedhealthcareonline....elId=036e2c6b6cbf8410VgnVCM100000294ab10a____

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
Meanwhile, Trump is now saying US taxpayers are going to initially foot the bill for “The Wall” and Mexico will reimburse us (waste of taxpayer money)...uh-huh...yep...just like your taxes being released, your blind trust, the "draining of the swamp” as he picks a bunch of old white men who live in the swamp (anyone of some diversity would be nice and a bit more representative of our nation, and Ben Carson is about the whitest black man he could have tapped), men who helped make the swamp, who still benefit from the swamp, to be his advisors.
All most every single one is a walking, talking, conflict of interest, including Mr. Trump

AMEN, Brother

Reactions: Skarekrow and acd
I wanted to type "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..." but when I read this I laughed a lot longer on the inside.
Obama is going down in history as the most ineffectual impotent President in history who ended with no legacy to speak of. All ultimately to the benefit of the American people. Had he been even partly successful in his intent and endeavours terrorists would have been able to strike America directly and repeatedly.

It's too early to judge the historical significance of this presidency... but I doubt Obama's face will ever be added to Mt Rushmore.

Reagan negotiated the wind-down of the cold war, which had the world on the brink of nuclear war for decades. Obama may have restarted it... or come very close to it. Only time will tell.
Yep Reagan was absolutely the most loved and effective President within the past 50+ years. Which is really quite stunning given some of the wacky stuff that happened during that time.

Yep Reagan was absolutely the most loved and effective President within the past 50+ years. Which is really quite stunning given some of the wacky stuff that happened during that time.

Having lived through the Reagan years, I know better than to accept this statement. Reagan violated the Constitution and should have been impeached over Iran-Contra.