Obama Care | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Obama Care

When we have rules, they should be followed.

Congressional Research Service

[When the rules are open to interpretation, how should one act?]

http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid='0DP+P\W; P

The Congressional Research Service (CRS) works exclusively for the United States Congress, providing policy and legal analysis to committees and Members of both the House and Senate, regardless of party affiliation. As a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress, CRS has been a valued and respected resource on Capitol Hill for nearly a century.

".......Under the requirements of Section 2 of the Twentieth Amendment to the Constitution as well as the provisions of the Senate schedule agreed to on December 17, 2011, the second session of the Senate of the 112th Congress convened on January 3, 2012. President Obama’s January 4, 2012, recess appointments, occurring during the first adjournment following the beginning of the session, would be considered intrasession recess appointments.......

........the President[Teddy Roosevelt] made recess appointments during a transition between sessions of less than a day in length, where no concurrent resolution regarding the transition between sessions had been adopted. In fact, it appears that little time elapsed between the sessions on this occasion. When the first session of the 58th Congress ended, at noon on December 7, 1903, and the second session began soon thereafter, President Theodore Roosevelt made over 160 recess appointments—mostly of military officers. President Roosevelt treated the period between these sessions as a “constructive recess.”...........

............he historical instances cited here indicate that recess appointments have, on occasion, been attempted during sine die adjournments of three days or fewer. Nevertheless, the instances cited here each have unique characteristics, and their potential applicability under current practices and conditions remains open to question.38
Author Contact Information
Henry B. Hogue Analyst in American National Government hhogue@crs.loc.gov, 7-0642"

Last edited:
open to question? I leave your thread to a busy world that requires my attention for me to survive in it. Have fun.

Quoth the Black Knight, speaking with great dignity...

"Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!"

It was the avatar made me run.

that is the complaint from the left.

The US is on the far right of the global political spectrum. And I don't believe in the narratives of the United States. As one thinker said, it's time to "provincialize" the ideas of the West.

Obama is a centrist on the American political landscape which is very much to the right of most of the post Euro-colonized world.

My intention in starting this thread was to try to make that point to those able to vote in the upcoming election.

Many many GOP leaning independents believe he is a Marxist at heart.

email_graphic_reasons.png

This Senate bill is even worse than the House bill.
The AHCA is going to destroy Medicaid...millions and millions of people will lose healthcare coverage including 8 million children...all while the insurance companies, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical giants get huge tax write-offs.
But it goes further than that to give subsidies to millionaires and billionaires.
Trump himself would stand to make an extra $2 million or so every year from it.
Not only are the cuts taxing the wealthy a huge handout...but they have made it retroactive as well...meaning any “Obamacare” taxes levied at them over the years they can write off.
But not the average guy and his family.
They get to pay more.
This bill is a huge transfer of wealth from the bottom to the top.
This bill...
Will raise premiums.
Will raise deductibles.
Will price out millions of people from getting insurance.
Will destroy Planned Parenthood who serve the poor.
Will destroy Medicaid, whom millions count on to survive.
64% of elderly in nursing homes rely on Medicaid to not live on the street.
It is, in effect, the largest insurer in the US.
It will destroy the essential coverage rules.
It will allow insurers to sell crap coverage for a premium price.
It was written in secret because they knew how terrible a reception it would have.
17% Approval rating among Americans.
17%!
And yet you go ahead with it anyhow...money talks I guess.
If you are poor or middle class, it will cost you more while decreasing your coverage.
So if you had a $2000 deductible, then you will probably have to pay around $7000 should this pass.

The ACA is not failing as the GOP would have you believe, they have systematically destroyed key provisions to make it work....there are problems but they have not be addressed because the GOP has obstructed any attempts to improve or fix it.

The whole for-profit aspect of our healthcare need to go.
We are paying for shit...and we will be paying more for even less soon.
Seriously?
This throws tens of millions of people off of healthcare insurance...disabled, children, elderly, the vulnerable .
There are millions of people who rely on Medicaid to live.
This is a disgusting bill...it’s heartless and the really sad part is some Congresspeople want it to go even further.

How is this better than what we have now?
Trump promised better, cheaper, everyone would be insured, and the government would pay.

This is just 2015...how full of shit.
This bill...”Trumpcare” is the antithesis of the promises he made.

Liar.

Lies...lies...lies...lies...lies...

Last edited:
Paid off like a bunch of whores.
They make bank, while people struggle and die.

Industry Was Doubly Generous With These
13 GOP Senators Now Drafting Trumpcare

While baker's dozen of Republicans' all-male, all-white legislative team draft bill in secret,
analysis reveals giving of insurance and pharmaceutical industries

thirteen_dudes.jpg

According to Maplight, a watchdog that tracks campaign spending, those chosen by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to draft the Senate's version of Trumpcare legislation have collected, on average, $214,000 from companies that that will be directly affected by major changes to the nation's healthcare system.

As a group of 13 Republican senators—all of them both white and male—continue to craft in secret their version of a major healthcare overhaul bill, a new analysis shows these lawmakers have received approximately double the amount of campaign contributions from the health insurance and pharmaceutical industries than their Senate colleagues who have been so far excluded from the process.

According to Maplight, a watchdog that tracks campaign spending, those chosen by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to draft the Senate's version of Trumpcare legislation have collected, on average, $214,000 from companies that will be directly affected by major changes to the nation's healthcare system.

That compares to an average of just $115,000 bestowed upon members not participating in the closed-door negotiations.
Four of the 13 have received more than $300,000 from the insurance and pharmaceutical industries between November 2010 and November 2016, the timeframe covered by the analysis.

Both McConnell and Sen. Orin Hatch of Utah have received well over $400,000 during that time period.

Here's the breakdown:​

13_white_men_receive_for_trumpcare.jpg

While it was reported that the Senate group would release as a draft their bill on Thursday, the secretive process—in addition to trickles of information about what the bill may contain—has been the source of public outrage and protest.

As Maplight notes, "The lack of transparency and public information about the bill makes it impossible to analyze the impact on the insurance and pharmaceutical industries, but indications from stock prices earlier this year showed investors were betting GOP legislation would be a boon for pharmaceutical companies and health insurers."

Reactions: Stu
It's ridiculous and hard to imagine it getting worse, but I guess it can.

Right now my family has a deductible that is so high it is basically like not having insurance. It's way higher than normal doctor visits and we literally don't use healthcare enough for the deductible to actually get paid so the insurance kicks in. It's really only good for some terrible event that would cost thousands of dollars at which point the insurance would finally kick in.

We pay out of pocket all year long.

Watching the protests from disabled people today looked terrible. The police took a blind guy out under arrest. He kept asking "why can't I just sit in the office?" The police officer never replied.

Others had climbed out of their wheel chairs etc and were carried out. For that to be happening in the richest country in the world, seems bizarre.

Watching the protests from disabled people today looked terrible. The police took a blind guy out under arrest. He kept asking "why can't I just sit in the office?" The police officer never replied.

Others had climbed out of their wheel chairs etc and were carried out. For that to be happening in the richest country in the world, seems bizarre.
It's the richest country because the rich people are stingy as fuck.

I'm thankful for $35/ month health insurance. Thanks Mike Pence!