"Not My President" | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

"Not My President"

Because you focus on what you want as opposed to how you're going to get it?
That's part of it. It takes people working together to come up with a plan of action on something this grand of a scale. And personally, myself, I do not have a plan. I believe there is a better way, I am critical of what I see and hear, but I don't know how to change things. The only idea I have about it is that this sort of change requires people collectively being on the same page and as equally committed to these demands. But that is where alienation from one another and disempowerment come in. We can all complain about how unjust and wrong things are, but it seems almost more terrifying to unite to change any of it. It's curious to me. And I'm not saying I do not succumb to it.

I'd love to have that discussion but there are elements on this forum that will always try to shut down that kind of discussion

here's another question for you....why do certain people constantly try to shut down these discussions instead of doing what i do when i come across posts i'm not interested in and skip them?

sure a certain person will say its not what i'm saying its me thats the problem but why can't they just ignore me or put their view across to counter what i'm saying....but they don't do that they either try to distort what i'm saying or they attack me personally

[video=youtube;fQl9H-gi9NE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQl9H-gi9NE&feature=player_embedded[/video]
I think it has to do with everything they know to be true being questioned.
It's cognitive dissonance in some cases.

That's part of it. It takes people working together to come up with a plan of action on something this grand of a scale. And personally, myself, I do not have a plan. I believe there is a better way, I am critical of what I see and hear, but I don't know how to change things. The only idea I have about it is that this sort of change requires people collectively being on the same page and as equally committed to these demands. But that is where alienation from one another and disempowerment come in. We can all complain about how unjust and wrong things are, but it seems almost more terrifying to unite to change any of it. It's curious to me. And I'm not saying I do not succumb to it.

They can't unite under a common banner because they're not coming together because they have ideas, they're coming together because of how they feel. People don't agree on an ideological level because they don't want to agree, and they shouldn't have to.

The fact that we need to compromise before we can agree is one of the reasons I'm a moderate.

I think it has to do with everything they know to be true being questioned.
It's cognitive dissonance in some cases.

Sure, why should the workers talk about this stuff when we can all self police each other and go for a nice holiday to fema camp instead!

campfema_dees.jpg

I think there is an element of what you are saying for sure.

We are all in different places with our perceptions. But the only way as you have said that we the people can effect change against the control system is through numbers and that means concerted effort and that can only come when enough people are consciously aware of what is going on

The more we can all feed each other information the more pieces to the puzzle we each have and the more complete a picture we can get

It will be hardest for those that have a lot invested in their current perception of reality. some people have a lot tied up in it. They belong to certain organisations or their loved ones belong to certain organisations or they work for certain organisations or they subscribe to some sort of church/lodge/temple which ties them into the control system.....their social life is tied up i it, their family is tied up in it, their jobs, their world view.....

....thats a lot to let go of

But being an adult is about taking responsibility.....responsiblity for ourselves and our community

Part of what the control system does is infantilise people. It treats us like children so that we become dependent on it. It undermines us with every airbrushed photo of supermodels, with every negative or cynical news story, through a psychiatric field that blames us not the system for anxiety experienced, through countless manufactured images of what is supposed to be normal or desirable

It has ground people down into what David Ike would call a 'little me' mind set where people feel they have no power

People need to find the self esteem to say 'hold on a fucking minute, i'm not a child, i can think for myself; i want a say in the running of my community, i want a stake in society, i want to have control over my own life'

One of the ways they do this is by keeping people in MIND. The heart (to use that word as a way of getting to grips with these concepts) feels things in a broader sense. the heart feels love or kindness towards people; the point of meditation is to silence thought and let heart come through...it is our inner guide because it brings a broader perspective of love/compassion. all the noise and distractions of modern life are designed to crowd out this inner guide and keep us in mind

Mind on the other hand strategises...it gets caught up in pride and ego struggles; mind reacts defensivley often in knee jerk ways. Fear constricts peoples reality and keeps people in a fight or flight mode...a tunnel vision; it blocks a more balanced view and encourages a knee jerk reaction. fear is the product of mind. this is why the news is full of fear inducing stories to keep people in small mind (small mindedness)

This is why the media keep us striving for material gain instead of seeking health and happiness through creating a caring and sharing environment. this is all about keeping people in mind...strategising, ticking boxes, point scoring and playing the game (the work, pay taxes, do what you're told, gather material things, consume, compete then die game)

The media is always driving wedges between people (divide and rule) and it encourages everyone to compete (not cooperate) because it wants us all frightened, insecure, consuming as a way to try and feel more secure and suspicious of everyone else

Whats more they do all this consciously....that is why its all so diabolical because at the top of this thing they know exactly what they are doing. They see us as a herd of cattle to be corralled. They keep us ignorant telling us none of the really important information in their media....always looking at what and where but never why. Like cowboys riding around the herd looking to startle the herd they occaisionalyl fire their pistols to frighten the herd into going in a certain direction....this is the point of 'false flag' attacks and orchestrated events

There are many other ways they are manipulating us:

[video=youtube;sOfRkdVlLZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOfRkdVlLZA[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: Quiet
They can't unite under a common banner because they're not coming together because they have ideas, they're coming together because of how they feel. People don't agree on an ideological level because they don't want to agree, and they shouldn't have to.

The fact that we need to compromise before we can agree is one of the reasons I'm a moderate.

You are not a moderate

Anyone saying the corporations should go into africa and exploit the resources and the people for their own good is not a moderate

You are anything but moderate

@Apone what I was trying to say is that where is the compromise on how that $100 million was spent? Whether it was tax dollars or private corporate donations--- to be able to raise that amount of money for one night of at this point, vanity was something ordinary people had a choice in. I'm sure if you asked anyone other than a 12 year old, some people could agree on a better way to spend that money to benefit people rather than throw it away--jeez, but it toward national debt, something. If he has the power to even raise that sort of money, it should not be to glorify himself as a leader. It's just vanity and a waste of resources. It's an absurd waste and a slap in the face considering that our taxes just went up cuz the government can't handle money responsibly.

Sure, why should the workers talk about this stuff when we can all self police each other and go for a nice holiday to fema camp instead!

campfema_dees.jpg

Is Woodsy Owl in on all this too?

:wave:

Reactions: muir
Is Woodsy Owl in on all this too?

:wave:

The owl is a symbol of the minerval degree in the mystery schools and it is the symbol of the Bohemian Grove club (have you heard of them?)

Reactions: MindYourHead
@Apone what I was trying to say is that where is the compromise on how that $100 million was spent? Whether it was tax dollars or private corporate donations--- to be able to raise that amount of money for one night of at this point, vanity was something ordinary people had a choice in. I'm sure if you asked anyone other than a 12 year old, some people could agree on a better way to spend that money to benefit people rather than throw it away--jeez, but it toward national debt, something. If he has the power to even raise that sort of money, it should not be to glorify himself as a leader. It's just vanity and a waste of resources. It's an absurd waste and a slap in the face considering that our taxes just went up cuz the government can't handle money responsibly.

Its a disgrace that the money is wasted when there are so many people in poverty

What i am trying to do with all my posts is talk about WHY it is happening

Its clearly insane to any of us who have a heart, so WHY is it happening? That really is the million dollar question imo

I know I should probably be done with this, but I found this article on China in Africa:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7086777.stm#map

If anyone is in a position to provide Africa with affordable amenities, it's China… they're the masters of cheap goods.

It seems that the US on the other hand is upset because of the whole human rights issue-- which, to be fair, China is pretty bad with. I've met people who belonged to the Falun Gong movement-- the oppression is definitely real and it is definitely twisted. I would definitely not put it past the Chinese government to be aiding a genocide… in fact, they could probably teach the Africans a couple of new tricks in that department.

Still, there's no doubt that the infrastructure will help them get on their feet again-- though there's really no telling whether or not more Africans will ever be able to afford to buy their own resources back from the Chinese.

Here's another article about the problems of developing Africa:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/world/africa/26chinaafrica.html?_r=0

Last edited:
I know I should probably be done with this, but I found this article on China in Africa:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7086777.stm#map

That's why they are so successful because they go in with money while the west goes in with bombs and bullets. We have always done business at the point of a bayonet in the west! I like that line in the godfather film because it sums up the western approach to foreign policy: ***putting a gun to the persons head*** ''I made him an offer he couldn't refuse''

If anyone is in a position to provide Africa with affordable amenities, it's China… they're the masters of cheap goods.

The chinese elite have worries of their own. If they don't keep 1 billion people in employment then they are looking at the potential for massive civil unrest

It seems that the US on the other hand is upset because of the whole human rights issue-- which, to be fair, China is pretty bad with.

That's total hypocrisy on the part of the US government if they are trying to play that card. The US government has murdered over a million people in Iraq alone let alone all the deaths caused directly or indirectly by their actions whether covert or overt. We're talking about the only people to have used nuclear weapons in anger here. Obama has lied about closing Guantanamo bay which being out of the jurisdiction of US courts means that prisoners can be held without trial (a breach of their basic human rights). The US has also been implicated in widespread rendition and torture

Here's a current article about how CIA whistleblower John Kiriakou has been sent to prison for two years for exposing the torture programe at Guantanamo Bay: https://rt.com/news/kiriakou-witch-hunt-whistleblower-800/

The US government is slowly trying to strip back the freedoms of its citizens as well as it moves closer and closer to becoming a totalitarian state. here's an article about the latest attempts to control the internet: https://rt.com/usa/news/napolitano-us-cyber-attack-761/

Entitled:

Homeland Security's Napolitano invokes 9/11 to push for CISPA 2.0

So the US government has a terrible human rights record and like China it also executes its own citizens not just through the death penalty but through Obamas 'kill list' which was criticised publically by the activist Swartz who was found dead recently

The US is not upset about Chinas human rights record, they are upset that china is challenging the dollar supremacy as the world reserve currency

I've met people who belonged to the Falun Gong movement-- the oppression is definitely real and it is definitely twisted. I would definitely not put it past the Chinese government to be aiding a genocide… in fact, they could probably teach the Africans a couple of new tricks in that department.

The chinese have a centrally controlled system and as a result it sees cruelty and oppression, the US system is becoming increasingly centralised and as a result we are seeing more and more cruelty and oppression....its not rocket science

Still, there's no doubt that the infrastructure will help them get on their feet again-- though there's really no telling whether or not more Africans will ever be able to afford to buy their own resources back from the Chinese.

Many resources are consumable...if people have any sense they will switch to renewables and there are big solar farms springing up across north africa and the middle east (china too is going after renewables in a massive way)

Here's another article about the problems of developing Africa:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/world/africa/26chinaafrica.html?_r=0

The New York Times is a mouthpiece of the Council on Foreign Relations, its making it sound like the western companies have stepped aside because of concerns over 'stability' when what it should say is that the aggressive policy of the west is being increasingly opposed around the world by peoples sick of being bullied

Last edited: