Ni: Variations on a theme | INFJ Forum

Ni: Variations on a theme

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, today i was thinking about Ni, and the way Ni is often defined or described. So often it's been said that you either have it or you don't.

Now, my Ni in some areas is weak, but in other areas seems fine.

So, for Ni users, where do you see your Ni being strongest and where it is the weakest?

Last edited:
Its strongest when I don't try to use it, period. If I try to bring it on then my brain bombards with me with ideas and thoughts that just totally screw me up, haha.

Its strongest when I don't try to use it, period. If I try to bring it on then my brain bombards with me with ideas and thoughts that just totally screw me up, haha.

Can you provide any specifics on who, what, when, where, etc.? :)

For example: when it comes to music/songs or visual media such as tv shows or films, my Ni is highly tuned to picking up underlying emotions or feelings in characters - i think it's called communication empathy. But when i'm dealing with people directly, it's weak meaning i have difficulty picking up on what's happening in that moment. I need to be away from the situation/interaction to recognize what's happening.

Last edited:
So, today i was thinking about Ni, and the way Ni is often defined or described. So often it's been said that you either have it or you don't.

Now, my Ni in some areas is weak, but in other areas seems fine.

So, for Ni users, where do you see your Ni being strongest and where it is the weakest?

I think that's the problem, though; it's not a question of weakness or strength, it's a question of whether or not you're tuned into it.

To me, it's like being in a crowded, noisy restaurant with someone you care about. You're engrossed in this one-on-one conversation when suddenly, you start catching snippets of conversation one table over. That one table over is the Ni table. NI has always been there, Ni is noise in the background, but under the right set of conditions you tune in and you "get" what Ni is saying - and not only do you get it, you understand the entire conversation.

Ni is always in the background. But we may be unconsciously guided by it until we need it to help connect our dots.

Reactions: Questingpoet