My Little Pony | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

My Little Pony

Which main character/s from "My Little Pony" are your favourite/s?

• Total voters
lol, that's a completley different show

otgg0j.jpg

This is a fun thread to follow.

My two little sister's collected My Little Ponies. (ages 40&38 respectively lol) There is a bright blue one and a magenta one (both with frizzy mane & tail lol) stuck in the confines of the toy crate that their children play from.

What are the names of these ponies?? Would be fun to know so I might tell the kiddos the pony's stories ;)

This is a fun thread to follow.

My two little sister's collected My Little Ponies. (ages 40&38 respectively lol) There is a bright blue one and a magenta one (both with frizzy mane & tail lol) stuck in the confines of the toy crate that their children play from.

What are the names of these ponies?? Would be fun to know so I might tell the kiddos the pony's stories ;)

I don't know the ponies from the earlier series. The thing that will help identify which pony they are is their cutie mark which is the illustration on their flank. flower might know who they are since she seems to be pretty familiar with past incarnations of the show. Or if you take a picture of them with their cutie marks visible and post it on the mylittlepony subreddit I'm sure someone there would help you straight away. If you don't want to post it there yourself I'd be happy to post it there for you.

I don't know the ponies from the earlier series. The thing that will help identify which pony they are is their cutie mark which is the illustration on their flank. flower might know who they are since she seems to be pretty familiar with past incarnations of the show. Or if you take a picture of them with their cutie marks visible and post it on the mylittlepony subreddit I'm sure someone there would help you straight away. If you don't want to post it there yourself I'd be happy to post it there for you.
OK...;) I'll remind myself to take time to dig them out.

illustration on their flank

Totes using this for real life application. Also I'm genuinely starting to understand the Brony community. So uh, thanks for that I guess? Hehe.

Woah, are those merponies @flower?

Judging by the opening sequence the old MLP was pretty psychedelic.

Yeah, there were sea ponies too. :) They like to play water polo.

I found some list from one site about the names of all the ponies in that ''My Little Pony 'n Friends'' tv show:

Adult Earth ponies:
Sundance
Truly
Shady
Lickty Split
Magic Star
Posey
Cherries Jubalee
Cupcake
Sweet Stuff
Gingerbread
Princess Serena
Princess Primrose
Princess Starburst
Princess Royal Blue
Scoops

Adult Unicorns:
Gusty
Fizzy
Ribbon
Buttons
Galaxy
Mimic
Princess Sparkle

Adult Pegasus:
Wind Whistler
Lofty
Paradise
Surprise
Northstar
Locket
Twilight
Masqerade
Whizzer
Heart Throb
Princess Tiffany

Flutter Ponies:
Rosedust
Morning Glory
Honeysuckle
Forget me not
Peach Blossom
Lilly

Big Brothers:
Tex
Salty
Four Speed
Steamer
Quater Back
Slugger

Sea Ponies:
Surf Rider
Sea Shimmer
Ripple
Water Lily
Sun Shower
Beach comber

Baby Ponies:
Baby Sleepy pie
Baby Cuddles
Baby Tiddly Winks
Baby Sundance
Baby Ribbon
Baby Half Note
Baby Gusty
Baby Heart Throb
Baby Lofty
Baby Shady
Baby Lickty Split

Newborn Twins:
Sniffles
Snookums
Milkweed
Tumbleweed

First Tooth Babies:
Tic Tac Toe
Fifi
Northstar
Bouncy
Quackers
Lickty Split

"Rare" Apperances:
Baby Buttons (Crunch the Rock Dog ep.)

Source: http://www.mlparena.com/archive/For.../postorder=asc/start=0/finish_rel=-10000.html

Another good site: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Characters

I showed this program to my brother and he absolutely hated it. He didn't find the friendship messages interesting and it drove him nuts that there weren't strong male characters. He wasn't interested by Twilight's specialness.

I found his response disappointing. Like every single other show out there has strong male characters.

He also dismissed Big Mac as stupid.

IDK I guess I was disappointed most that he didn't ask me my opinion on his judgments or to try finding out why those things weren't important to me. But if someone isn't interested in friendships I guess there's not much you can do?

Reactions: Free and Night Owl
Hi @invisible,

Thank you for your post. I also used to watch the new My Little Pony in college. It started out as background noise for my calculus homework. If I'm doing something that clinical and dry, I tend to like to have bright colors and joy around for a more balanced environment. I actually started paying attention more than I expected, and I found it quite enjoyable overall. I really appreciate the art form of animation as a whole, whether targeted towards adults or children, and in the case of MLP, I agree that I quite enjoy its positive themes of friendship, personal growth, etc.

Furthermore, I seriously appreciate your commentary on popular television at the moment. The focus seems very imbalanced in the favor of cynicism and manipulation. I find it neither enjoyable nor very interesting most of the time. I would very much enjoy a more balanced depiction of humanity and the world at large -- friendships along with rivalries, love along with passions, etc. I've tried broaching this topic with so many people recently, and few have really shared my opinion, so it feels very nice to see there is someone who relates.

I know you don't watch a lot of television, but some other currently running shows I find to either be more positive or have a more emotionally ranging and captivating balance of themes:

1.) Sense8
2.) Bob's Burgers

Both can be found on Netflix. They are both slow starters but I highly recommend either if you ever are looking. Bob's burgers has strong themes of family and misfits and is quite funny, and Sense8 is highly unique and probably one of the most emotional television shows I've ever seen. It also involves STRONG themes of contentedness and empathy, which I think might be particularly interesting for INJFs in particular. When I watched it, I was in the process of moving and had a couple of unusual free days in a row and ended up just lying on my empty floor marathoning this show sobbing all the way, completely overwhelmed in the best of ways.

Reactions: Free and invisible
Hi @invisible,

Thank you for your post. I also used to watch the new My Little Pony in college. It started out as background noise for my calculus homework. If I'm doing something that clinical and dry, I tend to like to have bright colors and joy around for a more balanced environment. I actually started paying attention more than I expected, and I found it quite enjoyable overall. I really appreciate the art form of animation as a whole, whether targeted towards adults or children, and in the case of MLP, I agree that I quite enjoy its positive themes of friendship, personal growth, etc.

Furthermore, I seriously appreciate your commentary on popular television at the moment. The focus seems very imbalanced in the favor of cynicism and manipulation. I find it neither enjoyable nor very interesting most of the time. I would very much enjoy a more balanced depiction of humanity and the world at large -- friendships along with rivalries, love along with passions, etc. I've tried broaching this topic with so many people recently, and few have really shared my opinion, so it feels very nice to see there is someone who relates.

I know you don't watch a lot of television, but some other currently running shows I find to either be more positive or have a more emotionally ranging and captivating balance of themes:

1.) Sense8
2.) Bob's Burgers

Both can be found on Netflix. They are both slow starters but I highly recommend either if you ever are looking. Bob's burgers has strong themes of family and misfits and is quite funny, and Sense8 is highly unique and probably one of the most emotional television shows I've ever seen. It also involves STRONG themes of contentedness and empathy, which I think might be particularly interesting for INJFs in particular. When I watched it, I was in the process of moving and had a couple of unusual free days in a row and ended up just lying on my empty floor marathoning this show sobbing all the way, completely overwhelmed in the best of ways.

I loved reading your post. Thanks for the show recommendations, I'll definitely check them out. Do you have a favourite pony?

Reactions: Free
I loved reading your post. Thanks for the show recommendations, I'll definitely check them out. Do you have a favourite pony?

Let me know what you think. I don't know that I really have a favorite, but if I had to choose I might go with Pinkie Pie because I appreciate her enthusiasm.

Reactions: Free and invisible
How have I missed this thread for soooo long?!?

Just last night I took a "which one are you" MLP silly quiz after feeling a bit nostalgic when a friend called me and MLP was in the background. I got Princess Luna.

5xOzWUrn9wWl.png

Here's the link if you guys wanna partake:

http://m.zimbio.com/quiz/16so_DQIU5k/Which+My+Little+Pony+Are+You

My favorite is Twilight for the same reasons @invisible already stated. She's not the one I can relate to most, I think that would be more along the lines of Fluttershy, but she's the one I want to be most, heh.

<3

I took the quizzy and got...

q2qPmlZek6Al.png

But, confession time... I've only watched a couple episodes of the new MLP, so I don't really know the characters that well, only kind of vaguely, and only a handful of them. :x

I did like the old MLP growing up, but my memory of it is fuzzy, although it still makes me feel nostalgic. Fuzzy nostalgia, I guess...

*prepares to run away from torches and pitchforks*

I took the quizzy and got...

q2qPmlZek6Al.png

But, confession time... I've only watched a couple episodes of the new MLP, so I don't really know the characters that well, only kind of vaguely, and only a handful of them. :x

I did like the old MLP growing up, but my memory of it is fuzzy, although it still makes me feel nostalgic. Fuzzy nostalgia, I guess...

*prepares to run away from torches and pitchforks*

*angrily chases brandishing cupcakes and donuts*