My Essence and Ni

977neon

Four
Jan 5, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 4
This is my first post so please bare with me if I made any mistakes.

I remember when I was a kid. I created that inner world, literally, a world with a futuristic city and a forest somewhere with a never-ending autumn season.
It was and still is very precious to me. I always dreamed of going there and actually experiencing the world sensually. I viewed this world as my essence, who I am,
and the more it grows I grow. I used to relate some images and symbols in the world to my life. But after some years that connection was limited, I was more down to earth.

This got me thinking, is this Ni in action? and did any of you guys have a similar experience?

For the INFJ it is usual to create an idealistic environment in our minds (Ni) that would evolve human beings in a way (Fe).
The long to sense/experience it is natural as Fe is supposed to move the environment towards our belongings.
The/Your idealistic environment can grow as your worldview (Ni) grows. Due that we are Ni lead, if your Ni/worldview grows, so do you as a person.
After a while you got more down to earth, this is your modulation functions (Ti and Se) in play. TiSe judges how practical it is to actually create it. This can be demotivating to continue the growth of 'our idealistic environment'.

So yes, this is Ni/INFJ in action. Not all INFJs will experience this as intense as you have, but we all have this capacity/capability.

Welcome to INFJs. If you have any Typology questions, feel free to ask me!

-Jah

Thank you very much for the post it was very refreshing to know I'm not the only one (INFJ cliche). And thank you for welcoming me.

Reactions: Jexocuha
I don't know... that strikes me as more of an INFP or ISFP ideology, but I could be off. I can't really see myself idealizing such a fantastical place in my mind unless I was extraverting it by writing down my creation for posterity. Even then I would outgrow it and perceive it as a childish notion. It sounds really creative and awesome coming from another mind, though! :)

This is my first post so please bare with me if I made any mistakes.

I remember when I was a kid. I created that inner world, literally, a world with a futuristic city and a forest somewhere with a never-ending autumn season.
It was and still is very precious to me. I always dreamed of going there and actually experiencing the world sensually. I viewed this world as my essence, who I am,
and the more it grows I grow. I used to relate some images and symbols in the world to my life. But after some years that connection was limited, I was more down to earth.

This got me thinking, is this Ni in action? and did any of you guys have a similar experience?

You must be quite the painter.

I did it too, though what I created was a bit different I also thought that it is essentially Ni. Though being my essence would be a no, it's more like an alternative, a dream that will never bear fruit, it exists for my escape and pleasure only.