Movie Remakes--Good or bad? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Movie Remakes--Good or bad?

Oh Pleaseeeeee, a slow cyborg, a crippled old man and a young boy who is using the force to guide him rather than lifelong saber training in various forms AND the force. That's not good lightsaber fighting, and lightsabers are important in a movie that was unique for its lightswords.

Bobba had nothing on Jango.
What about Han Solo? He was my favorite part of the old trilogy.

Oh Pleaseeeeee, a slow cyborg, a crippled old man and a young boy who is using the force to guide him rather than lifelong saber training in various forms AND the force. That's not good lightsaber fighting, and lightsabers are important in a movie that was unique for its lightswords.

Bobba had nothing on Jango.

I agree with the lightsaber parts. I didn't like how someone without training could surpass supposed great wielders of the force by essentially wailing on them with his shiny stick.
However, you must also agree that the plot for the new batch was rather stupid. :m173:

What about Han Solo? He was my favorite part of the old trilogy.

Never liked him, he was arrogant, reckless and never took the time to listen and think. He would have been much better served by spending some time talking to the old man, who had more knowledge of the underbelly of the universe than he did...

Obi Wan would have been similar to Derrial Book if he had but listened and learned (without books reticence). All the mistakes he made were also easily avoidable.

As for plot and character points, Leia was a moron. A woman who is supposedly a great politician and wise beyond years, she fell into Hans lap too easy. Classic hollywood leading arrogant man getting the girl.

I thought the plot of the prequels were pretty darned good, except for the ease with which Anakin went dark sided. If they had added another half hour to each of the movies explaining his relationship to palpatine, it would have been better. As would the nature of Dooku. He was only acceptabilly explained in the novelisation of Revenge, and the clone wars book where he tempted Yoda to the dark side.

No, all in all, the prequels were far better than the originals. I suspect people only "prefer" those out of a sentimental attachment to their past, or a elitist view of movie sequels.

Also, fuck ewoks and gungans.

I would like a description of some of the characters and the plot of Phantom menace.

In all fairness I do not care for the originals either, however while I think the new ones were rather stupid I'd probably still watch 'em if they were on television.