Mother knows best | INFJ Forum

Mother knows best

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Quinlan, May 19, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by Quinlan
  1. Quinlan

Quinlan Right the First Time!

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100514075155.htm

This is evolution at work, listening to your mother is a successful strategy because obviously you survived therefore so will your children if you do the same.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. That Girl

That Girl Do you have my answers?
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    What about mothers who don't want children or teenage mothers? Is it truly the best policy to follow such an example? Is it possible that one must reach a certain level of maturity before being capable of being a successful mother?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Reon

Reon Midnight's Garden

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Questioning?
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    I'm not really sure about this, to be honest. Just 'surviving' isn't a good parameter of success. The inverse doesn't mean you failed, either. Anecdotally speaking: A elderly woman person I know smoked tobacco and drank everyday, her baby.....somehow came out fine. Her daughter did the same for one baby, and that baby died. That woman decided to listen to all the medical advice she was given and ignore the advice of the woman who birthed her, and she has one living child

4. OP
    Quinlan

Quinlan Right the First Time!

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    Sorry I was thinking purely in evolutionary terms where survival is success.

In your example the baby died so the poor advice passed on from the grandmother would end there.

5. That Girl

That Girl Do you have my answers?
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Which would be the evolutionary process cutting out something that isn't providing the best survival rate. I suppose that makes sense. The same would answer my questions; although humans find interesting ways to survive that don't always benefit us in the long run.

6. Flavus Aquila

Flavus Aquila Finding My Place in the Sun
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ - A
    Enneagram:
    Every time mothers follow the advice of so-called "child-rearing experts" the kids end up screwed up it seems.