Ok.
Donor
Jun 9, 2016
Earth
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
INFJs are known to hold and stand by the values they believe in. What do you think are the most important value/s a person should have or you have and why do you think it's more important than the rest?

i'm speaking in general form :D

Just one for now....

"Integrity is the heart of character. Don't lose it." (Not sure who owns the quote)

I'm not saying the person should be squeaky clean (because none of us are perfect) but when you screw up, own up to it and move on.

Empathy and respect for nature. This drives me more than anything. Society has raised us in a world of disconnect - we are subliminally taught that we are here for our existence, to reap and consume for the benefit of our species, the "dominant" species, as taught by religion, etc. - and our arrogance is destroying the vastness of wildlife, habitats and animal life in droves. We reproduce in reckless disregard for the amount of resources it takes to sustain one single human being. We are systematically oppressed of all spiritual well being.

I don't want to continue because there is really no means to an end with this post, but you get my point, I think. I'm a nature boy who sees the disconnect and my idealism wants me to repair it - but the outlook is so grim.

Authenticity.
Integrity
Responsibility
Truth
Kindness
Not narry a one before another...we all slip, some fall, some are sorry, others not at all.

One main core value is the respect for a family unit and respect for it's role as the foundation for a healthy society. That doesn't mean traditional family, but that's not important. Others are living in reality, empathy, and truth.

....Loyalty...

Truth, reason, logic.

50124363.jpg

Last edited:
Make Love the foundation and wellspring of all that you do. Let it inform every thought, every action.

After all other values have been cast aside, and all virtues fallen, Omnia Vincit Amor.

My former boss is currently trying to help one of her friends who is very seriously ill, and sadly likely to pass away soon. She left the UK some years ago, and now lives in a country that only gives medical care to those who can pay. His employers never paid for insurance, so his already impoverished family are not able to cope and pay. She is doing all she can to try to help them. She describes him as a lovely guy, who has just been unfortunate, which could happen to anyone. I think he is only about 40, maybe younger.

To me the most important thing, is that we recognize others, and the situation we are all in. That we make an effort to understand each other, whether we agree or not. That in the time we have, we make an effort to be decent and kind to people, and make the time we have together as good as we can, in a responsible way. That we make an effort to encourage and help each other, and leave behind something better than that we inherited.

There was a popular drama on BBC television years ago called 'Butterflies'. When you look at scope of the universe, and the tiny, short spell of a persons life span, even in a 'long' human life, I think butterflies is a fair description. It goes by in the blink of an eye. To me it is a intriguing mystery, almost an illusion of sorts. I try to deal with it rationally and live to the values I believe in, rather than get too judgemental of others. I can't help but think, we are here to experience something and learn from it.

honesty and integrity. Being genuine.
I got a bit carried away in my excitement when I first joined a few weeks ago, and got a bit carried away with myself,

but then I've seen how people are quickly spotted if the are being fake, and people around here don't make any bones about exposing the person. I've seen it in a few threads, I was quite shocked to see that but I also respect that that has to happen because no one wants to waste time on having folk around who just want their arse licked. Luckily for me people could see behind my ego, the genuine person there. (That's my guess anyway).

Authenticity is the number 1 value I prize in others and myself.

Ego and defence mechanisms are necessary at times but too much of it and I feel :mpff:

I really value vulnerability in others.

In addition integrity, honesty, kindness and caring.

honesty and integrity. Being genuine.
I got a bit carried away in my excitement when I first joined a few weeks ago, and got a bit carried away with myself,

but then I've seen how people are quickly spotted if the are being fake, and people around here don't make any bones about exposing the person. I've seen it in a few threads, I was quite shocked to see that but I also respect that that has to happen because no one wants to waste time on having folk around who just want their arse licked. Luckily for me people could see behind my ego, the genuine person there. (That's my guess anyway).
Compassionate, patient and tolerant INFJ's will do anything to be kind but haven't much patience for BS. I think that's true.

but then I've seen how people are quickly spotted if the are being fake, and people around here don't make any bones about exposing the person. I've seen it in a few threads, I was quite shocked to see that

Curious to know if I've missed something or lack insight. Can you tell me which thread you mean please?

Reactions: Bellosome
Curious to know if I've missed something or lack insight. Can you tell me which thread you mean please?

yeah i'm curious too... so for i haven't been exposed yet :m070:

Hello @infj1357 ! We meet again...
Well, in relation to your question about people being fu*ked by others in threads... there is one current thread, which I don't want to mention, because that'd seem a bit too mean,
but there is a funny 'dead' thread look up- search; 'genius and INFJ', the person gets totally shredded by the end for claiming that they're a genius. I guess they asked for it...

Reactions: Free and Bellosome
Hello @infj1357 ! We meet again...
Well, in relation to your question about people being fu*ked by others in threads... there is one current thread, which I don't want to mention, because that'd seem a bit too mean,
but there is a funny 'dead' thread look up- search; 'genius and INFJ', the person gets totally shredded by the end for claiming that they're a genius. I guess they asked for it...
So sorry I missed out on our cyber hug earlier today, sending you hugs now xoxox

Reactions: Free and James
My most important values are meaning (yes, I consider it one), freedom and authenticity. I believe that these three can lead to everything else I also value and find important such as honesty, integrity, passion, enthusiasm, kindness, justice, mercy, empathy, truth, beauty, etc.

Reactions: Free and James