Mixed media art | INFJ Forum

Mixed media art

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Recently become a fan of mixed media art, especially vintage cards, or cards with an aged or antique look. I am curious about materials many of you use from around the store or around the house to create your art work. Eventually, I would like to produce an art journal. It's interesting to work with subtle colors or pastels. I'm now thinking of textures from everyday household items that could be used, and nature items such as leaves.

What do you use?

I don't have an experienced answer but always wanted to do this. I never took the time to actually start.
Things I considered using but never did: materials from discarded clothes, sand, lipstick, watercolor, etc. - mostly stuff I could find just hanging around. A friend who is an artist said he uses lint.

I do both. Traditional drawing using pigmented inks, markers and colored pencils and to create an "effect" i digitize and use photoshop. The only way to create the vintage look is to use media or papers that already have the effects such as scrapbooking bits and elements - otherwise the norm in the industry is digital. Plus you have so much freedom with digital.

check out my art at www.artdesol.com to see how i use different type of medias.

Reactions: BrokenDaniel
I'm still an amateur so I am still trying to figure out how to get a textured/layered background effect. At this time, I'm using art and craft stickers, sponge dabs of paint, and cut out pics and stamps as the foreground. I have no natural painting or drawing talent so mixed media was my next choice.