Mental I 'FUG' | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Mental I 'FUG'

Could be a diet problem.
Could be biological.
Could be psychological.

You really don't give enough information to be clear. You need to:

state when this occurs.
state what happens directly before/after it occurs.

Are these energy highs with energy lows behind them? How long have these been occuring? Why are they a problem? etc.

This could be grouped with personality disorders, mood disorders, or actual bodily diseases. It could even be a brain tumor- who knows, the possibilites are endless. Are we looking for an exotic diagnosis or something plain and ordinary?

Could be a diet problem.
Could be biological.
Could be psychological.

You really don't give enough information to be clear. You need to:

state when this occurs.
state what happens directly before/after it occurs.

Are these energy highs with energy lows behind them? How long have these been occuring? Why are they a problem? etc.

This could be grouped with personality disorders, mood disorders, or actual bodily diseases. It could even be a brain tumor- who knows, the possibilites are endless. Are we looking for an exotic diagnosis or something plain and ordinary?

Slant; When I post do you only look at the posts I post to you, or do you read all the posts? I've written when they occur, but I'll redo all of the information for you.

[Patient]
This occurs randomly. It's occurred out in public, and when alone with no-one near by. It's happened when I was alone with my music and when I was just sitting down staring blankly at the ceiling. It's happened when I was asleep both while dreaming and when not dreaming. Basically it happens commonly but randomly.

As I said it just randomly appears different events before it. After it is normally the same way. I go from very high super energy to my regular hyperactive energy and then it (extremely) slowly starts going down more and more until I go to bed.

They're a problem for the reasons I already listed. I'm trying to get sleep. I don't get much sleep as it is. Normally 6 hours of sleep because I have a sleeping disorder. I can sleep during the day. Light hurts my eyes. So if I go to sleep and then 1 hour later it randomly wakes me up and I can't go back to sleep than I end up sleeping till about 6PM or later, and that is a problem. I, sometimes, have stuff to do during the day.

Another problem is that when I'm suppose to be sitting still and then randomly have a super energy outbreak. Yeah? I've been yelled at by police before because they pulled my dad over and I just started pacing extremely fast around their cars.

Also (this could be connect but probably not) when I pace I zone out. I lose track of time, and when I get hit by this energy I always feel the need to pace. I remember that one time the energy hit me and I paced around the house for 3 hours straight until my dad (playfully) slapped me in the back of the head and asked me what I was doing.

[/patient]

Now understand? I thought the analogy was good. :m082:

I read all of the posts, I just wanted more specific information.
-Sleeping Disorder
-Sudden energy highs but without sudden energy drops
- Occurance can't be pinpointed to specific factors or occurances, therefore, with information stated, it is not externally influenced
-An obviously interally influenced problem
- Reoccurant. Possibly happens on a daily basis, or close to.
- Apparent disorientation

There are just so many possibilites. The first step would to be to narrow down whether it is a personality disorder or if the source of your problems is the start of a disease or medical condition such as Hyperglycemia. You didn't state the duration this has been going on. Specifics, remember. When did this start? Years, months? How long does it last? Hours, days? How many times will it occur in a month?

Basically, I want numbers. Guess if you have to.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't feel that we're in any sort of position to be diagnosing anything. Especially if your main resources are unverifiable and online.

Ookie, you know I'm always up for a good debate, but I have to draw the line with mental health diagnostics. There's just too many factors to consider, and a lot of dangers we might not be aware of.

My advice is that if this is interfering with your life, go see a therapist or a doctor. Otherwise, cyberchondria might be a real possibility here. You don't want to subconciously convince yourself to start manifesting symptoms and then never really get to the root of the real problem (if there is one) as a result.

A doc will go through this process with you properly.

Last edited:
Good, Good Now you're finally getting it. This is a game based on reality. I do this all the time. These symptoms are true, but I want you to pretend you're a doctor & psychologist to figure out what's actually wrong with me.

This is actually the first time I've used myself as an example in these games. Normally I go & find random people I've observed or read about, or use one of my friends. It's basically a social experiment using reality as a fallback. :D

Okay, so now you're doing what I would do first, good, *claps* let's narrow it down.

[Patient]

As long as I can remember I've been like this. However, my memory is horrible. I don't really remember much before I was 13. I get flashes of my life before than and then I had the same condition.

So let's just assume that I've always had this. According to my father I was a very active baby. More so then most babies he saw. I was active, clumsy, liked getting into things, or getting out of things. I'd open the door and crawl across the road when I was 2 ... almost getting myself ran over... so I guess its lucky I don't remember that one. Not to be cocky or arrogant, but I was a very witty baby when it came to that type of stuff. Very intuitive.

[Rambles like an actual patient would]

[/patient]

Personally, I don't feel that we're in any sort of position to be diagnosing anything. Especially if your main resources are unverifiable and online.

Ookie, you know I'm always up for a good debate, but I have to draw the line with mental health diagnostics. There's a lot of factors to consider, and there's a lot of dangers inherent with it.

My advice is that if this is interfering with your life, go see a therapist or a doctor. Otherwise, cyberchondria might be a real possibility here. The dangers, of course, are that you'll subconciously convince yourself to start manifesting symptoms and never really get to the root of the problem. A doc will go through this process with you properly.

"Good, Good Now you're finally getting it. This is a game based on reality. I do this all the time. These symptoms are true, but I want you to pretend you're a doctor & psychologist to figure out what's actually wrong with me.

This is actually the first time I've used myself as an example in these games. Normally I go & find random people I've observed or read about, or use one of my friends. It's basically a social experiment using reality as a fallback. :D

Okay, so now you're doing what I would do first, good, *claps* let's narrow it down."

It is interfering with my life, but I refuse to see a doctor because its probably something stupid. Plus I'd be whiny if I go see a doctor over everyone of my problems. That, however, is not the point of this. The point is to put you into the position where you must imagine yourself diagnosing it. I put it here because it is a psychology thread.

Yeah, I didn't think you were serious I thought you stated that this was a gag thread, or at least, implied it.

"Good, Good Now you're finally getting it. This is a game based on reality. I do this all the time. These symptoms are true, but I want you to pretend you're a doctor & psychologist to figure out what's actually wrong with me.

Okay, so now you're doing what I would do first, good, *claps* let's narrow it down."

I wouldn't mind playing this game of yours if the patient in the case study was fictional or perhaps someone who wasn't aware of our discussion (and therefore, eliminating the possibility that they were influenced by it). I'm just not comfortable with the idea that you're the patient and that you're reading this and consciously or unconsciously drawing conclusions about yourself. Neither slant nor I nor anyone else on the forums (that I know of) is certified to be psychoanalyzing you.

Whether you realize it or not, it's putting you at risk, and I rather not be responsible.

It is interfering with my life, but I refuse to see a doctor because its probably something stupid. Plus I'd be whiny if I go see a doctor over everyone of my problems. That, however, is not the point of this. The point is to put you into the position where you must imagine yourself diagnosing it. I put it here because it is a psychology thread.

If its interfering with your life, its not stupid. It's better to kill the monster while its small before it could potential grow into a real beast. It's your health we're talking about. Besides, I didn't think you'd care how you appear to other people (whiny). Just do it. Get some bloodwork done. Talk to someone. It's better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
^^ That's fine. This is all in good fun, and I'd only draw conclusions from my own analysis. I did this 'Wrapped Reality' game as I call it, because I've seen INFJs both say they have good Ti, or say they want to increase their Ti. This is a good way to do it. :)

^_~ You're sweet Daring. Even if you don't know it.

:p Already do that. The game is to obviously analyze me. Rather it be them or me.

Mental II coming soon. Let's continue this one until it is here.