MBTI vs Jungian functions: Why you can't be both Fe/Fi | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

MBTI vs Jungian functions: Why you can't be both Fe/Fi

im confused on why im tagged in this thread.

You do not USE Fe to be nice, and you don’t USE Te to organize things.

Nope, I use Ti to organize.

I use Te when I get cheesed off at how long something is taking and lose my patience.

I use Fe because I am nice.

There's a difference between going against a system, because it has failed in the past, and limits humanity from achieving resolution and achievement.

Or, going against a system because you fail to understand the underlying principles, and are thus rebelling out of confusion.

Or, going against a system because you are a rebel without a cause, and you need a cause to rebel about.

You think its short sighted? I honestly equate that to saying "well how do you know one + one will always equal two?"

The Jungian cognitive functions are much more complex than simple addition. Furthermore Clarity through questioning isn't necessarily rebellious in any sense of the word, I also never said I had any intention to "go against the system" only that the system seemed limiting and it does in some respects come across similarly to religion. I actually don't really care how the system works for others I only study it to try and further understand myself which at this venture has been impossible under its restrictions.

I think if you get really into the theoretical maths then that may be the case. But here's what I think your situation, you are rebelling because you want to appear deep and intelligent, and you're afraid that if you show the fact that this system could be proven right, you would be one of the masses. Here's a key factor though, this isn't a contest, or even as my philosophy teacher would say "a closed question." It either is, or it isn't.

What a baseless accusation and misdirection from the questions at hand. Believe what you want but you are sure jumping to a lot of conclusions outside of anything that I have actually stated.

I usually don't get along so great with Arsal, but I agree with him here. If you're not going to play with the system, then get out of it. A new member may come on here, and have no idea what JCF is, they see your type, and they may then believe there is a whole side of type that isn't actually there.

Looking at that now it was silly of me to put something like that without context. I didn't really think anyone took that section seriously considering some of the things that I've seen people put there, but I have changed it to avoid confusion.

They are then taken farther away ffrom the truth, so you can have your little 15 posts of fame, as the "rebel who brought down the system."

The truth is subjective in this instance. Also I couldn't care less about bringing down any systems, I am glad that this system works for so many people. My reasons for questioning it are selfish and personal to be quite frank.

I confess I was the one who wrote that many people on this forum have no idea what it means to be an intuitive. I was also NOT implying [MENTION=528]slant[/MENTION] when I said its not a slant against anyone, but I wasn't about to admit I wrote it right then and there. The difference between an intuitive and a sensor in this case, is an intuitive asks "what if' BECAUSE THEY ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER. In a sense. What I mean by that is, if they ask "what if the system doesn't work?' they tend to already know, by their means of intuition, when the theres even a point to asking "what if." I don't know which Nx that is, or if its not just N in general. But sensors will ask "what if?" because they have no idea how it will turn out, but they want to try. And that is why I dislike it when sensors try to be intuitive, or intuiters try to be sensors. Its not what you're made for. Intuitives who try to be sensors suck at it soooooooooo badly. At the same time, when sensors try to be a visionary (who doesn't?) it tends to not work out at all.

Intuition isn't magic, it's based on your experiences and the lines are drawn subconsciously, from my understanding of it. Look at the story of Wagner Dodge and the Mann Gulch fire. He invented the concept of the escape fire in the heat of the moment by using his intuition which was based on experience, does that mean all the other men he was with who died where "sensors?" or that he was even necessarily an "intuitive?" no. his intuition was based on experience and it was the difference between him being virtually unharmed as a fire blew over him and him being burnt alive clinging on to his tools. I would really like to know [MENTION=3465]Limit[/MENTION]'s and [MENTION=3538]Arsal[/MENTION]'s thoughts on this "intuitive means you already know all the answers" philosophy.

I can look at Jungian models, and I can say "what if?" But then I can know whether or not the "what if" will work before I even start to do it. that may just be Ni vs. Ne, I'm not going to state an opinion in that sense because I have no clue. But if you're going to say for all to hear "what if none of this is correct?" At least try to provide proof, other than further non sequitur arguments such as "what if? "what if?" because no one likes redundancy. Except for federal governments.

The questions I'm asking are not rhetorical, feel free to answer them.

Now after saying that, I don't want you to think I am attacking you, I most certainly am not. And if we were having this discussion irl or over skype, I would be talking in a very pleasant tone, for I do not mean to be condescending, I do however do mean to be succinct and to the point. Do not use the Jungian models, if you're not going to model Jung.

Don't worry about it, I'm not one to let differences of opinions come between friends and acquaintances :)

Reactions: IndigoSensor
-is still confused-