MBTI books | INFJ Forum

MBTI books

Zebraf301

Community Member
May 26, 2012
MBTI
Infj
Enneagram
Have there been any MBTI, or related books that you've read, that have been particularly valuable to you?

I've read quite a few, but am wondering if there are any gems that I've missed, or forgotten as they all seem to blend into one another after a while.....

The one that got me into it was called "Please Understand Me". Another one I've started reading lately is...trying to remember the title....The Art of Speed Reading People...or something like that.

Reactions: Zebraf301
Dario Nardi's Neuroscience of Personality.

It's amazing, it has brain scans of different MBTI types that show the individual brain regions different types prefer with descriptions of what the regions do. It also talks about how certain functions, like Ni and Ne, appear on the machine as the entire brain working at once to do special things.

It's not just interesting but important. If more people knew about and were doing things like this then cognitive functions and type would be taken extremely seriously. I talked to a psychology graduate the other day, someone who looks at the science of the mind, brain scans etc and she had never heard of cognitive functions. If types really do have clear brain patterns then it's a question of genetics and it's investigation really requires a lot more than EEG machines.

Reactions: Radiantshadow
The one that got me into it was called "Please Understand Me". Another one I've started reading lately is...trying to remember the title....The Art of Speed Reading People...or something like that.

Curious. If I may ask, what kind of cues does 'The Art of Speed Reading People' give for identifying types?

Dario Nardi's Neuroscience of Personality.

It's amazing, it has brain scans of different MBTI types that show the individual brain regions different types prefer with descriptions of what the regions do. It also talks about how certain functions, like Ni and Ne, appear on the machine as the entire brain working at once to do special things.

It's not just interesting but important. If more people knew about and were doing things like this then cognitive functions and type would be taken extremely seriously. I talked to a psychology graduate the other day, someone who looks at the science of the mind, brain scans etc and she had never heard of cognitive functions. If types really do have clear brain patterns then it's a question of genetics and it's investigation really requires a lot more than EEG machines.

I bought this book based on your comments. It is rather fascinating. Dario Nardi managed to prove with EEG what Jung saw through personal observations. There is also a video somewhere of him talking about this stuff. I really like when talks about each personality type's zen state. How the when that type's brain is working on that type's specific core "specialty" (I can't think of the right word) that the brain enters a sky blue "zen state", demonstrating that the whole brain is working synchronously on the task or thought.

Scientists should try to look at a molecular or genetic level.

Another interesting observation is how the functions also correlate, to a degree, with Lenore Thomson's theories of cognitive functions and left brain/right brain theories.

Books:
Please Understand Me II - David Keirsey
Personality Type, An Owner's Manual - Lenore Thomson
Neuroscience of Personality - Dario Nardi

I also have a helpful printout from participating in a group MBTI seminar at work.

Finally, this site is a fantastic resource as well:

www.personalityjunkie.com

Last edited: