manifestations of the 8th, the function whose existence is almost unreal to you. | INFJ Forum

manifestations of the 8th, the function whose existence is almost unreal to you.

Vilku

Community Member
Feb 8, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1, 7w6, 4w3
ive found it very interesting how the very weakest function shows itself on us.
i for example, have hard time believing my eyes often. i might think this must be the person i know, but uncertainty fills me, i just wont trust my eyes.

similarly i every day struggle to know if ive done chores, as i cant know if i did them this day or was it some other day?
like taking vitamins which i MUST do every day winter.. i just dont know if ive taken them or not. i might remeber doing so, but cant know when i got that memory if i even have that memory.

ive even had months period when i completely lost sense of time.

its as if both Ne and Ni are my primary.. but i connsider Se is the stronger for me, since i obviously care how others see me, as you can judge by my avatar and prof pic, both me and my creations solely. while si is more of the selfish material gathering and preventing others from having material function. also its the selfish i dont care if you suffer physically as long as im pleased function.
yeah, maybe my attitude alone proves which i hate more xD...

maybe thats what you get for living whole life in wait of possibly worthy future.

hm, perhaps you who have identified as Ni doms can say if this is Ni at all?

now, what are your experiences of disbelief in some functions/how they affect you?

@Vilku

"Months of lost time." Is this an INTP issue of being "lost in thinking"? I know it happens to me as well.

Some might say that Ne is the opposite of the same coin as Ni. But they are manifested outwardly in different ways. When I'm in a company of people, and I'm overwhelmed by the social stimuli, I tend to go overboard with Ne, suggesting random things to do with people. I'm not myself, really.

We have all the functions within us, but there is a subconscious or conscious force that suppresses the lower functions. I have to make it a point to "have fun" playing video games or riding a bike, for example. And even when I do, it's a slow ride and toward a specific meaningful destination and not for the sole purpose of riding. Another obvious disbelief is Te. I have a lot of "incentive" to plan my schedule, but my actual integration of planning is through placing reminders in my phone, so that--if it's a practical task-- I am reminded to do it at the time when I would most likely be willing to do the task. But is this a real form of planning? Not really. I don't complete my tasks on time. I do them haphazardly. I try to get them done early with minimal effort and get them out of my way. I use "broad stroke" methods to keep my room and car clean---using long-term solutions. I hate maintenance, which apparently Te types love. And on the subject of Te, I wonder sometimes whether I care to organize my thoughts into a traditional, formal, sequential flow. I wonder whether I even think that way.

@Vilku

"Months of lost time." Is this an INTP issue of being "lost in thinking"? I know it happens to me as well.

Some might say that Ne is the opposite of the same coin as Ni. But they are manifested outwardly in different ways. When I'm in a company of people, and I'm overwhelmed by the social stimuli, I tend to go overboard with Ne, suggesting random things to do with people. I'm not myself, really.

We have all the functions within us, but there is a subconscious or conscious force that suppresses the lower functions. I have to make it a point to "have fun" playing video games or riding a bike, for example. And even when I do, it's a slow ride and toward a specific meaningful destination and not for the sole purpose of riding. Another obvious disbelief is Te. I have a lot of "incentive" to plan my schedule, but my actual integration of planning is through placing reminders in my phone, so that--if it's a practical task-- I am reminded to do it at the time when I would most likely be willing to do the task. But is this a real form of planning? Not really. I don't complete my tasks on time. I do them haphazardly. I try to get them done early with minimal effort and get them out of my way. I use "broad stroke" methods to keep my room and car clean---using long-term solutions. I hate maintenance, which apparently Te types love.

i have came to see Ni and Ne as the very same thing, only different use and through time has departed their nature.
thus i have considered i might be originally Ni but too much using it for Ne has made it.. complicated and actually less efficient than those specialized into just one.

but then, im an unhealthy 9w1 and have been in denial of my benevolent nature for too many years, now being the time to start uncovering it all.
the time was lost cause ive wandered my whole life purposeless, and that purposelessness climaxes itself when my only energy source (sun) disappears for 9 months.
and im only too happy to ignore all parts of reality then -.- sleeping 18h streak eating, showering, rinse and repeat for 9 months. any awake time.. try to get into half sleep half awake state or blindly follow feelings into activities on the interwebs. akin to what im now doing, but im _trying_ to wake up from my winter sleep.

using ni for conversing means creating something to say/express through imagination and actually saying it through other functions, but ive started to do it through itself, thus ni holding personal info is suddenly not personal. (Ne, loss of identity, as extro functions hold no identity of you, but rather how others view you.)

but eh, i still struggle to unfold wether i could actually be infp, or maybe my long lost natural state is infj.
i suppose it cant be extro, since ive never ha such opportunities until recent years. (ive forgot how to speak my native language, and i relearned in very short span.. its not smooth, but very smooth considering i recovered it in only few days!)

fi in itself is a self motivated function, as is every intro function.
but differiating is it feelings for you or feelings for them as main motivation for socializing isnt that simple task after all, considering all other functions into count.

although, a key clue seems comparison of lone time.
ive noticed, i have to actually plan to listen to the music to actually enjoy it, while i used to enjoy it always for hal year period once in my life time.
this fluid change in myself makes it hard for me to pin myself down.
but then, infp's should have si as third, giving good self image which i certainly miss.
and often it seems very Te how i preach information like this, or maybe ti is supposed to teach others as well?

ugh.. i KNOW all my problems would be cured if i had an electric piano, LOL's <.<
its the energy feelings would bring.