Making Peace.

Ria

Snow White over the ocean
Aug 18, 2009
MBTI
INFJ.
Enneagram
4 x 6 (I think).
These days I have been discovering a shift in my emotions regarding forgiveness towards both myself and certain individuals in my life.

I think I am finally experiencing a great deal of pent up anger. I don't like it, but have found myself enjoying the justified feeling of entitlement that accompanies it. Last night I took advantage of an opportunity to be assertive with getting some anger off my chest. In a way it was helpful, because I got to listen to myself say some processed truths that I had been holding inside, and it was as though I was recognizing what was "Truth" rather than what I had come to believe as my "Story". Does that make sense?

My aim is to accomplish Forgiveness.

I'm not really interested in including my details, but rather I'm interested in the process. Also, I'm curious to hear anyone else's stories revolving around their own peace makings.

Please share your experiences if you are so inclined, thanks!!

I'm still waiting on that making peace process, mainly got a lot of abandonment issues when it comes to my father, still waiting on the day I meet him face to face, I don't know if I'm going to break down or let him have it. People always tell me that I need to forgive which is true, but I just don't think I can bring myself to give him that satisfaction. Call me stubborn but he needs to deserve it.

Reactions: middle1
The process of forgiveness has given me a lot of emotional freedom as well as learning how to let go of things that are not good for me. I find self forgiveness is even more powerful than forgiving others. It forces you to really at your behaviors, decisions you made, the what ifs,all the possible turns and twists of life. But overall, you just love yourself more. Self love is very healing; everyone should try it.:mlove2:

Last edited:
There is only one person in this world I haven't and may never forgive. I shouldn't have to forgive him. I should nothing him. I do nothing him. But if I had to look him in the eye, everything would change.

(Maybe I'm earlier in the forgiving process than I thought).